Hawksquawk VII is now up

capstone21

Swish your sig has elongated the thread bigtime.

I could deal with it before, but now since the page layout has changed it's impossible to view the page right with that Monster.

His signature images are re-sized small for me in Firefox and Internet Explorer 7. It should do the same for you unless you're using a different browser.

You can change the page layout to the "Hawksquawk Light" skin which is like it was before with the left sidebar.

Sorry dude for me it is tiny. I like my sig but I didn't realize it could be enlarged for people. Let me know and I can take it down.

Your images are HUGE but the board is (or should be) resizing them. It's better if you can re-size your images on your own or use smaller images because even though they get shrunken down by the board they still have a large file size that has to be loaded.

• Premium Member
With 40 moves, though, you can change someone on your roster an average of basically every other game. That gives you plent of room to be very active.

Well, let's see.

40 moves. The basketball season is somewhere around 175 days.

Historically, I have noted that when you lose a key player... that's about 4 to 5 moves to replace them. For instance, one year, I lost Yao Ming. By the time that the league is set, it's very slim pickens if you're looking for a replacement C. Not to mention moves to replace non-productive players.

Still, 40 will make it strategic. i.e. you will have to stick with whatever team you have regardless of if they are injured, non-productive, etc. So really the win goes to the guy who can pick the best players from the beginning and his players never get injured.

• Admin
Well, let's see.

40 moves. The basketball season is somewhere around 175 days.

Historically, I have noted that when you lose a key player... that's about 4 to 5 moves to replace them. For instance, one year, I lost Yao Ming. By the time that the league is set, it's very slim pickens if you're looking for a replacement C. Not to mention moves to replace non-productive players.

Still, 40 will make it strategic. i.e. you will have to stick with whatever team you have regardless of if they are injured, non-productive, etc. So really the win goes to the guy who can pick the best players from the beginning and his players never get injured.

I don't think that is necessarily true. It does help to be injury free but I had Arenas in a competitive league last year and had to make up for him. I still finished near the top but only made around 20 moves

Beeswater really abused it last year and it was kinda ruining the league. This limit helps prevent that.

• Admin
Hey, guys. Sorry to say, but I might have to pull out of this one. I just got myself into my school's official league, and there's a huge jackpot. So...

I take part in multiple leagues. I don't see why you can't.

At the same time its fine but please drop out soon so that someone else can have the opportunity to play.

• Moderators
Historically, I have noted that when you lose a key player... that's about 4 to 5 moves to replace them.

If you have to replace more than ten key players on your team you are probably out of luck anyway.

So really the win goes to the guy who can pick the best players from the beginning and his players never get injured.

Spamming has been legal before this yet more than 80% of teams in the league in years past have not needed to exceed 40 moves. This does make it somewhat more strategic but you are way exaggerating the need for perfect health. You could lose 5 guys for the year and only use up half your moves replacing them given your 4 move number.

I might have to join back, but if the spot isn't vacant anymore, then that's fine. I'm going into the money league, but if the league blows and stuff, then I'm bailing out of it. But like I said, if it's not open still, that's fine since it would be my fault since I quit it.