• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Speedy's Back?

DrReality

That is probably more true for most than I'd say it is for Speedy. Speedy has never been a good shooter in his career. Most of his buckets are because of his speed and ability to beat his man to the basket. His defense was his greatest asset and helped him considerably on defense. If he's still got his speed, which according to some reports he does, then he'll be fine in a limited backup role.

Since he relies on speed and agility wouldn't it be MORE true for Speedy? He can't fall back on a jump shot and he's too small/weak to be an effective defender without those assets.

Edited by High5

Since he relies on speed and agility wouldn't it be MORE true for Speedy? He can't fall back on a jump shot and he's too small/weak to be an effective defender without those assets.

Most guys shot gets better in their career's. Speedy not only uses speedy, but smarts and tenacity defensively. Small and weak do not enter the equation.

Most guys shot gets better in their career's. Speedy not only uses speedy, but smarts and tenacity defensively. Small and weak do not enter the equation.

I suggest you read the other posts.

And if Speedy doesn't have a reliable jump shot by now he never will.

Edited by High5

I suggest you read the other posts.

And if Speedy doesn't have a reliable jump shot by now he never will.

That's not true. Several guys have developed jumpers well into their careers. Notably Jordan, Lindsey Hunter, Doug Christie just off the top of my head. Sekou remarked recently how his jumper looks good.

That's not true. Several guys have developed jumpers well into their careers. Notably Jordan, Lindsey Hunter, Doug Christie just off the top of my head. Sekou remarked recently how his jumper looks good.

Whatever makes you feel better. Speedy can't even shoot FTs.

I could care less how Sekou's jumper looks although if I remember correctly he's got some size to him so maybe he can try out for us.

I thought the lack of any word about Speedy in yesterday's blog was very conspicuous.

As did I, but looking at the pics that Micah Hart took there was at least one with Speedy in it (where he was d'ing up on Joe) so that in itself is a positive thing. I think the reason that we didn't hear much about him is because he is our 3rd string PG and I for one and thrilled that Acie didn't have to give up his position to Speedy (without at least a fair competition).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
It sure would be nice if a small miracle occured and Speedy could contribute off of the bench like he did with New Orleans, but I doubt he can stay healthy and be more effective than Law and Flip.

It's a contract year for Speedy.

The Basketball gods will give him a reprieve from injury.

• Premium Member
It sure would be nice if a small miracle occured and Speedy could contribute off of the bench like he did with New Orleans, but I doubt he can stay healthy and be more effective than Law and Flip.

It's a contract year for Speedy.

The Basketball gods will give him a reprieve from injury.