• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I see no topic on tonight's game...

DJ_Money

Acie just gave us a one-point lead on a layup with 4 seconds left...took the inbound and went straight to the hole.

Steve Holman is clearly still in preseason mode as he didn't lose his mind as he normally would...

Yeah, I just started listening toward the end here. On the Bobcats' last possession Josh Smith almost had a steal, then Horford blocked Wallace to stop them and secure the win.

Acie had a big 3 pointer with 1:30 left to go.

Good game. Exciting finish.

And, the Hawks hit a bunch of free throws, which means they were driving inside

and getting the call OR they were rebounding and drawing the foul.

Way to finish off our nemesis, the Bobcats!!

Am I wrong or did Acie show out last preseason as well? I am remaining skeptical.

Acie missed several preseason games last year due to injury. I don't remember him doing anything spectacular in the other games.

I like how NBA.com has a picture up for the game. It's obviously our old unis and I'm pretty sure that's Kenny Anderson reaching over Sean May. Good job, boys.

Law/Murray/Evans/Smith/Horford was the team on the floor for the final 6 minutes.

Zaza's line looked pretty good until I saw that huge 6 under the TO column. I would love to get ~9/6 from him on decent shooting. We know he has it in him somewhere. If he played well we could see more of Horford at PF.

It's also nice to see Law get some added confidence (hopefully) with that game-winning score. At least confidence in his ability to score. What's up with Marvin only playing 13 minutes?

Acie missed several preseason games last year due to injury. I don't remember him doing anything spectacular in the other games.

Acie couldn't hit the side of a barn last year...plus there was that article about how he was mentoring his sister. Could be the injury combined with trying to be a sort of a parent, made him lose focus. Plus, the NBA is a pretty flockin tough league.

Maybe now he's figured out he better take care of first things first....that's not to say I don't admire him for taking care of his sister - I do very much - but you gotta do the primary thing first....play PG.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Zaza's line looked pretty good until I saw that huge 6 under the TO column. I would love to get ~9/6 from him on decent shooting. We know he has it in him somewhere. If he played well we could see more of Horford at PF.

It's also nice to see Law get some added confidence (hopefully) with that game-winning score. At least confidence in his ability to score. What's up with Marvin only playing 13 minutes?

I think that was tonight's experiment.....13 minutes tells me something.

ATLANTA HAWKS

STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

Marvin Williams, SF 14 1-2 0-1 2-2 0 1 1 1 0 0 2 2 4

Josh Smith, PF 33 5-8 0-0 6-8 1 3 4 1 0 2 3 3 16

Al Horford, C 29 1-4 0-0 1-4 0 9 9 2 1 3 0 2 3

Joe Johnson, SG 28 6-11 3-6 2-3 0 2 2 2 1 0 3 1 17

Acie Law, PG 29 5-9 2-3 0-0 0 1 1 3 1 0 2 1 12

BENCH MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

Maurice Evans, SG 29 5-12 1-5 1-2 1 1 2 2 1 0 0 2 12

Ronald Murray, PG 27 3-7 2-4 1-2 0 1 1 4 2 0 2 1 9

Zaza Pachulia, C 23 2-3 0-0 7-7 2 5 7 0 1 0 6 4 11

Solomon Jones, C 16 0-0 0-0 2-2 0 3 3 1 1 1 0 1 2

Mario West, SG 13 0-0 0-0 2-2 0 1 1 2 0 0 1 3 2

I'm guessing it's more likely it has something to do with this "Atlanta F Marvin Williams sat out the second half after spraining his left thumb in the first quarter. "

http://www.nba.com/games/20081013/CHAATL/recap.html

You are probably right....the very idea that Woody would have an idea or a strategy for an "experiment" is silly.