• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK is no longer around.

DrReality

Is it a fair question to ask if the change in the Hawk's play is because he is moved on.

He resiged late in the year . . . . . well you know the rest.

What say ye????

GM doesn't coach the team, doesn't sit on the bench, doesn't wear warm-up shorts, doesn't practice with the team, and doesn't take the court for games.

I'm saying, no relationship at all. It's ONE GAME.

• Premium Member

...honestly? I think it's maturity. They looked more calm and steady out there. They looked good, but they looked relaxed and comfortable. Last year, they looked real good against Dallas in the opener, but man were they fired up. These guys don't look like they're out to prove anything. They're looking to win.

The other thing is defense. I hate Woodson, but I love defense...and I know that defense is a major part of his gameplan. I don't think that you can just play defense and let the offense take care of itself. But if he can get these guys to commit to the other end, and he can keep them moving the ball and playing under control...I could see us winning some games.

...but I am in no way ready to open up my stance on Woody. He'll have to show me that he can trust his "other" players, that he has more than one play in his book, and that he can keep good guys out of the doghouse.

The additions of Mo Evans and Flip Murray will do wonders. Maurice Evans is a hustle MACHINE. He is exactly what this team needed. If Smith can give an effort like that every night (doubtful), we will be rolling.

I think the real question is how would the team look today if BK was still the GM? Its a hard question to answer, but I can take a crack

Childress would still be a Hawk.

Bibby would not be a Hawk (opening up money for Childress and Smith)

Woodson wouldn't be the coach (the ASG had to choose between the two)

We wouldn't have either Murray or Evans, possibly neither.

Again this is really hard to guage/figure out, but those are my guesses.

In all, I am going with Plan Sund for now. The roster still seems a little unbalanced to me. Evans and Murray were terrific last night, but both guys are on the small side. I like them both, but it seems like we'll be in dire need of a 6'8", long-limbed guy throughout the season. We still have no real bulk inside.

Side note:

Murray is EXACTLY the guy that the Hawks have needed for the last 4 years. A slasher/scorer off the bench. I really like that signing.

I was thinking that the GM would have more impact on the culture of the team and there seems to be a shift there. It isn't easy to say but where there is tension between the GM and coach it has to trickle down to the guys on the court.

Sund just gives of a totally different vibe. Thank God.

You guys are still bashing Billy Knight?

Give it a rest! Every key player on this team besides the couple of guys we added in the off-season, we got under Billy Knight.

No we didn't draft Paul, Deron Williams, Brandon Roy, Monta Ellis, Rodney Stuckey, or any other move you want to revisit for the trillionth time.

But despite all the foresight and hindsight blunders, he still helped put together one of the most promising young rosters in the NBA.

Give it a rest.

You guys are still bashing Billy Knight?

Give it a rest! Every key player on this team besides the couple of guys we added in the off-season, we got under Billy Knight.

No we didn't draft Paul, Deron Williams, Brandon Roy, Monta Ellis, Rodney Stuckey, or any other move you want to revisit for the trillionth time.

But despite all the foresight and hindsight blunders, he still helped put together one of the most promising young rosters in the NBA.

Give it a rest.

In my last post re the reverse pick pocket was done TIC, tongue in cheek. All in good fun in other words.

:stirthepot:

I do think its an interesting thought exercise to think about what this year's team would look like if BK were still the GM.

IF......BK were here,

I think SS is still here

I think Chillz is here

I think Bibby is here

I think would have went after Pietrus

I think our big bodies save Al and Zaza wouldn't be here

I think we have a young coach again

I think we are less talented, and younger team

How this would have played out? Who knows. I think we had some guys who do to age, whatever didn't get a a fair shot here to achieve. A new coach might have been good for these guys. But, I like what we have now, and all though I'm not a BK basher, I think it was time he left.