• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS VS RAPTORS AT THE HIGHLIGHT FACTORY

tonegully

i really like us against Toronto. As long as the D keeps it up and contain Calderon i think we should be good. Wouldnt see marvin take around 10-12 shots at home. Lets go Hawks!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toronto has a huge fan base and active boards. I went over to a Raps board and found a funny comment.

Pretty sure we lose this game. Atlanta is playing well and are waayyyyy too athletic for us.

Joe Johnson is lighting up the league right now and Josh Smith will eat our babies.

Wow that is funny.

As a Hawks fan I am completely worried about that game because of their two big men. I am afraid that they will get us in foul trouble.

Not to look ahead but if we somehow won that game, 6-0 is a huge possibility. I think we would have to get some national attention if we started off 4-0 vs teams that made the post-season last year. Speaking of which, just exactly what the hell type of schedule to start the season is that anyway? Was somebody trying to bury the Hawks? LOL

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

Wow that is funny.

As a Hawks fan I am completely worried about that game because of their two big men. I am afraid that they will get us in foul trouble.

Not to look ahead but if we somehow won that game, 6-0 is a huge possibility. I think we would have to get some national attention if we started off 4-0 vs teams that made the post-season last year. Speaking of which, just exactly what the hell type of schedule to start the season is that anyway? Was somebody trying to bury the Hawks? LOL

Agreed that is funny. I think it's common for fans of unproven teams to be worried about losing a game against a tough opponent.

Speaking of national attention, I tried to stay awake through all of Sportscenter after the Warriors-Nuggets game to see the Hawks-Hornets highlights but I fell asleep about 45 minutes into it and they hadn't even mentioned the game.

Agreed that is funny. I think it's common for fans of unproven teams to be worried about losing a game against a tough opponent.

Speaking of national attention, I tried to stay awake through all of Sportscenter after the Warriors-Nuggets game to see the Hawks-Hornets highlights but I fell asleep about 45 minutes into it and they hadn't even mentioned the game.

It's a joke isn't it? I had to watch the Final Score show on FSN to catch our highlights.

ESPN is so elitist. They are always so busy showing individual performances like Tony Parker and Amare Stoudemire. Way to send a message to kids out there right? It's all about individual player putting up numbers.

Nevermind the fact that the Spurs had to go to double OT just to get their 1st win of the season vs the TWolves.

Nevermind the fact that the Hawks are one of the last 4 unbeaten teams in the league and had to go on the raod against one of the other few unbeaten teams left in the league to do it.

I think they are hoping we finally lose a game just so they have an excuse to not talk about us.

If we started off 4-0 and possibly 6-0 they would be forced to talk about us

ESPN is so elitist. They are always so busy showing individual performances like Tony Parker and Amare Stoudemire. Way to send a message to kids out there right? It's all about individual player putting up numbers.

I think they are hoping we finally lose a game just so they have an excuse to not talk about us.

If we started off 4-0 and possibly 6-0 they would be forced to talk about us

Excellent point!

LOL I wouldn't doubt it.

Would it shock you if they still didn't talk about us even at 6-0?

yeah i got home from duty trying to stay up and watch sportscenter and all they wanna talk about is stoudamire and parker. I was like "dam" i could see if they were avg 50 a game so far. I feel asleep and they still wouldnt talk about us..we are so underrated and slept on.

bump for 4-0 over the raptors.

i think we play the same type of D against Calderon that we did on Paul. Bosh really doesnt create his own shot that much IMO.

Hawks are surprisingly only 3 point favorites tomorrow at home.. I think the way we're playing right now, it's tough to see us losing at home to anyone in the league..

It's certainly an understandable thought but I'm hoping that the players don't start to think that they can't lose at home because if they do then a very talented Raptors team could definitely come in here and beat us.

Hawks are surprisingly only 3 point favorites tomorrow at home.. I think the way we're playing right now, it's tough to see us losing at home to anyone in the league..

The Raps are a good team, not too many weakness and a lot of talent. They played a tight one against Detroit and we weren't exactly dominant in that one game at home even though we did pull out a W.

I think we can win it, I just don't want us to go overboard.

Excellent point!

LOL I wouldn't doubt it.

Would it shock you if they still didn't talk about us even at 6-0?

Right now, the media excuse is that even though we've beaten 3 playoff teams from last year and beat a Western Conference Finalist (that was at full strength, mind you), the other teams just came out flat.

I'm pretty sure they'd use that excuse if we happened to go 6-0, lol.

Game 4: "Well, the Raptors just came out flat."

Game 5: "It's the Thunder. Who WON'T beat them?"

Game 6: "The Bulls are underachievers, and this is another sign of it."

So yeah, I'm sure that they've got excuses fired up and ready to go. That said, I could really care less. As long as they keep on winning while flying under the radar, idc. Just keep on winning!

• Premium Member
Toronto has a huge fan base and active boards. I went over to a Raps board and found a funny comment.

4-0 would be nice