• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

He're What They Think About You

khaos7

Toronto's view

Check out what Toronto has to say about our grand city. I really want us to bash there heads in! We've got to play solid defense the entire game, don't fall in love with the 3, and push the tempo.

Like Toronto is some great sports town. Nobody goes to the baseball games. I hope we kick their *** and spit on them while we leave them laying on the floor.

Like Toronto is some great sports town. Nobody goes to the baseball games. I hope we kick their *** and spit on them while we leave them laying on the floor.

I said it in another post, if we win, people will have to pay attention and respect our city. That's why it is crucial we support our team. I hope we're loud and crazy tonight and we go home with a 4th W.

• Premium Member
Like Toronto is some great sports town.

He makes some good points about Atlanta not really being a sports town. Heck, look at how this message board constantly doubts the Hawks and beats up on its players at every opportunity. My favorite MB mentality here is that the grass is always greener somewhere else with some other team's player regardless of how the Hawks or that other player is performing!

He makes some good points about Atlanta not really being a sports town. Heck, look at how this message board constantly doubts the Hawks and beats up on its players at every opportunity. My favorite MB mentality here is that the grass is always greener somewhere else with some other team's player regardless of how the Hawks or that other player is performing!

Atlanta is a sports town, it's just horribly situated, and the franchises have had poor performances for the most part. Not to mention we are a transit city with a heavy corporate and tourist economy. Corporations buy up a majority of the tickets. they hold tickets for clients who don't go to the games or arrive late. Tell me you were here in 92, 96, 98 and can say this isn't a sports town.

Edited by sultanofatl

Atlanta is a sports town, it's just horribly situated, and the franchises have had poor performances for the most part. Not to mention we are a transit city with a heavy corporate and tourist economy. Corporations buy up a majority of the tickets. they hold tickets for clients who don't go to the games or arrive late. Tell me you were here in 92, 96, 98 and can say this isn't a sports town.

Even with those factors, it's still a very solid sports town and an exceptional basketball city. NBA ratings are always high here and even though the Falcons have been garbage the three prior years to 2008, they've only had two games blacked out locally. Those ignorant canadians don't know a sports town if it hit them in the face. Toronto's baseball hole is Fenway and Yankee Stadium North.

I disagree. We're a fanbase that has been tremendously underserved. I hate to sound like Beau Bock, but back in the 80's, the Hawks fans had the Omni rocking. This city has been treated to extraordinarily bad products. I won't rehash everything we've been through. However, winning (aside from the Braves) just hasn't been a part of our culture. I laugh when I hear Eagles, Phillies, Cubs, Red Sox, and Knicks fans complain about their lot.

I changed my mind I will rehash some of what we've been through:

Braves: 14 pennants. Must be commended. However, we've had our hearts broken in the postseason by teams that were supposed to compete. The 70's and 80's featured horrible baseball, with the exception of the Torre years.

Falcons: Vick convicted. Petrino abandon us. No back to back winning seasons. Deion leaving to go to greener pastures. Bad draft picks. The Smith family.

Thrashers: Swept in sole playoff appearance.

Hawks: We've gone over this zillions of times.

One championship in the entire city.

In totality, we've been through a lot. If any city has an excuse to tell its teams "what have you done for me lately", it's the fans of this city. I will say that maybe us Braves fans were spoiled by Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Chipper, Justice, and others.

Thanks. That worked.

Not too bad that he didn't really like Atlanta traffic and all - who does.

But, dang. He went out of his way to trash the tobacco chewers of the world.

Unite! Get that Red Man going! He shouldn't talk about us that way.

Being from Canada, I'll bet he calls a Coke a can of pop. Bless his heart.

Tonight, let's just do it. No overconfidence. No ego problem. Just give them

a good old country boy whipping!!

GO HAWKS!! :biggrin:

• Premium Member

Dave, that movie in your signature is so ridiculously funny...

To paraphrase one of my favorite shows

"Jack Armstrong? Is that a person who lives?"

Seriously, like a lot of people he just doesn't get the fact that Atlanta is a great city precisely because he doesn't live here.

Ha, love 30 Rock.

I went to undergrad in Canada and a lot of my friends are from Toronto. They love their obnoxious outspoken commentators, Don Cherry makes Jack Armstrong look like Ron McLean if you know what I mean.

I disagree. We're a fanbase that has been tremendously underserved. I hate to sound like Beau Bock, but back in the 80's, the Hawks fans had the Omni rocking. This city has been treated to extraordinarily bad products. I won't rehash everything we've been through. However, winning (aside from the Braves) just hasn't been a part of our culture. I laugh when I hear Eagles, Phillies, Cubs, Red Sox, and Knicks fans complain about their lot.

I changed my mind I will rehash some of what we've been through:

Braves: 14 pennants. Must be commended. However, we've had our hearts broken in the postseason by teams that were supposed to compete. The 70's and 80's featured horrible baseball, with the exception of the Torre years.

Falcons: Vick convicted. Petrino abandon us. No back to back winning seasons. Deion leaving to go to greener pastures. Bad draft picks. The Smith family.

Thrashers: Swept in sole playoff appearance.

Hawks: We've gone over this zillions of times.

One championship in the entire city.

In totality, we've been through a lot. If any city has an excuse to tell its teams "what have you done for me lately", it's the fans of this city. I will say that maybe us Braves fans were spoiled by Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Chipper, Justice, and others.

^^^^Agree and cosign. I've stated this for years on this board; back in the mid-late 80's, the Omni was the place to be. You hardly heard a peep about the 'empty seats' from the folks on ESPN when Nique and the gang was winning 50 every year. They was our only hope because the Braves and Falcons were both equally wretched.

I also laugh at fans from NYC, Philly, or Chicago drone on about how 'bad' they've had it when it comes to their hometown teams. The only Super Bowl team we've ever had was more known for having a safety who wanted to get busy the night before the game. The only world title Atlanta has ever enjoyed came one year after a players' strike. We've seen expansion teams win world titles and play in conference finals while our guys were lining up tee times and vacation cruises before midseason. Yet, we're supposed to pay hard-earned $$$ to see them get dusted?

The longtime sports fans of this city has suffered more in terms of disappointment, frustration, anger, and apathy from these franchises than many folks nationally will ever admit to. I should know because I'm one of them.

GAME, SET, MATCH.

Edited by Dejay