• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Backup bigs suck

exodus

Zaza blows. He can't shoot or defend at all.

Solomon gives good effort on the boards and on D but he is so weak it limits what he can do. Offensively he can barely hold onto the ball which is a pretty big problem for an inside player.

Morris looks like he has no clue.

This is a big reason why so many in the media didn't think much of the Hawks chances. After Smith and Horford we basically have nothing at the 4/5. Hopefully Sund will be able to do something about it by the start of next season but this season we will be struggling inside. Smith and Horford can only do so much. As you can see we have no margin for error as far as injuries go to those two.

Solomon gives good effort on the boards and on D but he is so weak it limits what he can do. Offensively he can barely hold onto the ball which is a pretty big problem for an inside player.

This is a big reason why so many in the media didn't think much of the Hawks chances. After Smith and Horford we basically have nothing at the 4/5. Hopefully Sund will be able to do something about it by the start of next season but this season we will be struggling inside. Smith and Horford can only do so much. As you can see we have no margin for error as far as injuries go to those two.

ZaZa blow! Fire Woody! Release Bibby!

ZaZa blow! Fire Woody! Release Bibby!

Am I the only one watching this season? He was the best PG out on the floor tonight and is playing better than anyone we've got consistently and you want to release him? If it wasn't for you wanting to fire Woody I'd tell you you're an idiot.

Am I the only one watching this season? He was the best PG out on the floor tonight and is playing better than anyone we've got consistently and you want to release him? If it wasn't for you wanting to fire Woody I'd tell you you're an idiot.

Mike Bibby couldn't defend a 70 year old woman. I'm not impressed with stat padding offensive players.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Mike Bibby couldn't defend a 70 year old woman. I'm not impressed with stat padding offensive players.

As painful as this is i have to agree with you. The Hawks aren't going to win by outshooting people. They are leading the league in 3 pt shooting and have lost 4 straight.

As painful as this is i have to agree with you. The Hawks aren't going to win by outshooting people. They are leading the league in 3 pt shooting and have lost 4 straight.

It blows my mind. Like I said in the other thread... Phx a few years ago didnt even attempt to play defense and was still a better defensive team then this. In fact, the mindset was to basically let the other team score so that they can get the ball again on offense.

• Premium Member
and Bibby is the best way to get us that

but Hawks already have three 7-footers. forget size hawks just need defense period.

I've been saying this since...August I think. I knew it will catch up to us..we're too weak down low. Zaza is okay on some night, Solo, Morris, and Gardner just aint cutting it man..

you guys are nuts if you dont think the hawks are a better team with mike bibby running the floor I believe we are 27 - 18 with him in the lineup. He is the reason we took boston to 7 and the reason for our what was impressive 6 - 0 start. sure trade him for a big and see how good that big does without a solid point gaurd. you guys are nuts. acie looked nice tonight in a loss, but i cant remember how many times he has looked lost on the floor over the past year, its sickening. we have not had a solid point man since mookie. the whole team is in concert with him on the floor. trade him and we get worse. joe likes him out there and so does the rest of the team. where were all the haters when we were 6 - 0 oh there were none. josh smith is a huge loss and hopefully he will be back soon because i am sick of listening to the idiots tell me how bad bibby is. THE WHOLE TEAM SUCKS AT PLAYING DEFENSE THESE PAST FOUR GAMES.

GO HAWKS

you guys are nuts if you dont think the hawks are a better team with mike bibby running the floor I believe we are 27 - 18 with him in the lineup. He is the reason we took boston to 7 and the reason for our what was impressive 6 - 0 start. sure trade him for a big and see how good that big does without a solid point gaurd. you guys are nuts. acie looked nice tonight in a loss, but i cant remember how many times he has looked lost on the floor over the past year, its sickening. we have not had a solid point man since mookie. the whole team is in concert with him on the floor. trade him and we get worse. joe likes him out there and so does the rest of the team. where were all the haters when we were 6 - 0 oh there were none. josh smith is a huge loss and hopefully he will be back soon because i am sick of listening to the idiots tell me how bad bibby is. THE WHOLE TEAM SUCKS AT PLAYING DEFENSE THESE PAST FOUR GAMES.

GO HAWKS

i agree

GO HAWKS

I agree with you man..Bibby should stay...I dont think he is our problem at all. he is scoring and running this team well so far this season. fact of the matter is, Hawks isnt much of a team without Josh Smith. when he comes back and we start winning again, everyone will be happy with Bibby at PG.

idk why Bibby is the first one to receive critism when this team plays bad..o well

Everyone knows Bibby is not a great defender but he has been better this year. As has been mentioned, the whole team defense is awful right now front to back.

Guards are not stopping penetration, guys are missing rotations, and there is nothing being contested at the rim.

The attitude of the team looks completely different from early in the season. They just need to decide they are going to play solid defense for 48 mins like they were in the first few games or it will be a long season.

Zaza has always been terrible - everyone but PBird acknowledges that. But nobody is doing anything on D right now.

This comes as no surprise. We all knew that we needed Smoove and Horf to stay healthy to compete this year.

Our backup bigs pretty much suck (as opposed to our backup "smalls" who are pretty good).

I was all for trying to go after Carl Landry with the MLE.

Maybe McDyess is attracted to a big role in Hotlanta?

Do we make a trade for Sean Williams?

Zaza, Solomon and Randolph Morris just dont cut it.

you guys are nuts if you dont think the hawks are a better team with mike bibby running the floor I believe we are 27 - 18 with him in the lineup. He is the reason we took boston to 7 and the reason for our what was impressive 6 - 0 start.

GO HAWKS

LOL what a joke. Bibby was garbage in the playoffs. He shot 34% and got clowned by Rondo, not exactly a star pg.

Saying he was the reason for the 6-0 start is pretty funny since he has still been playing while we lost 4 straight.

• Moderators
LOL what a joke. Bibby was garbage in the playoffs. He shot 34% and got clowned by Rondo, not exactly a star pg.

Saying he was the reason for the 6-0 start is pretty funny since he has still been playing while we lost 4 straight.

Point guards aren't all about scoring. The facts are we won more and made the playoffs with a single change: adding Bibby. We started this season with the exact same starting lineup as most of last year except we had Bibby at the point instead of AJ or Lue. And we won 6 straight. We've lost 4 straight with Smoove,Zaza, and/or Horford out or injured. Take the starting PF and C off most teams and see how they do.