• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vivica not Halle!

DrReality

Has Sekou gotten out of his comfort zone? What do you guys think.

Vivica not Halle!

By Sekou K Smith | Thursday, November 20, 2008, 09:56 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

HAWKSVILLE - If Wednesday night’s game against Washington was the Hawks’ gut-check moment, give them credit, they answered the challenge.

Marvin Williams made sure of it. So did Mike Bibby. And Zaza Pachulia and, of course, Joe Johnson, Mo Evans, Flip Murray and on and on.

It wasn’t a thing of beauty by any stretch, scrapping to beat a one-win team at home never is. But it was what the Hawks needed most.

Had their four-game losing streak continued, the doubts that are swirling about this team here and elsewhere might have permeated the locker room. And internal doubt can destroy a team’s chemistry faster and more decisively than anything.

Now that the sweet smell of that 6-0 start has dissipated, it’s time for Hawks fans to prepare yourselves for exactly what type of team you have, and I was trying to think about an analogy that would work to illustrate this next point.

Basically, you thought you were dating Halle Berry the first six games and now you realize you’re actually dating Vivica A. Fox, and not Independence Day Vivica but Vivica circa Nov. 20, 2008. And it’s not like Vivica isn’t fly. But she’s not exactly Halle (I know you’ve seen her on the Esquire cover so you know what I’m talking about), not exactly who you thought you were with. So the adrenaline isn’t exactly pumping the way it was early on, when you thought you hit the jackpot.

The same goes for these Hawks. They are going to win with smothering defense and opportunistic offense, by grinding out games and sticking to their core theme of defense and rebounding. They’re not going to be like the Suns’ high-flying teams of the past few seasons. They’re not going to dazzle anyone with their style and grace. It won’t always look good. Winning will simply have to do.

Those of us watching from TV last night (thanks to Carroll Rogers I had a day to recharge my battery) saw a weary team, one that lacked energy as well as confidence for most of the night. After watching them and then watching Portland and Chicago later, and seeing how much more energetic the Blazers looked compared to the Hawks (and Bulls for that matter), it was stunning.

And yet, when they needed to, the Hawks found a way to dig out the win (battling back from four points down with 65 seconds to play to pull it out). Again, it’s not pretty, but the job gets done. And for these Hawks, it’s the results that count.

So forget about Halle and start focusing on Vivica.

Bleh. Halle is great and all, but I never looked at her as super attractive. I have always had a soft spot for Vivica since she has a better body. Stacy Dash is major smexy...she just doesnt have much of a body either.

Anyway, now we are on a 2 game win streak. I hope Marv keeps knocking those 3s down because they have been HUGE lately.

Has Sekou gotten out of his comfort zone? What do you guys think.

Vivica not Halle!

By Sekou K Smith | Thursday, November 20, 2008, 09:56 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

HAWKSVILLE - If Wednesday night’s game against Washington was the Hawks’ gut-check moment, give them credit, they answered the challenge.

Marvin Williams made sure of it. So did Mike Bibby. And Zaza Pachulia and, of course, Joe Johnson, Mo Evans, Flip Murray and on and on.

It wasn’t a thing of beauty by any stretch, scrapping to beat a one-win team at home never is. But it was what the Hawks needed most.

Had their four-game losing streak continued, the doubts that are swirling about this team here and elsewhere might have permeated the locker room. And internal doubt can destroy a team’s chemistry faster and more decisively than anything.

Now that the sweet smell of that 6-0 start has dissipated, it’s time for Hawks fans to prepare yourselves for exactly what type of team you have, and I was trying to think about an analogy that would work to illustrate this next point.

Basically, you thought you were dating Halle Berry the first six games and now you realize you’re actually dating Vivica A. Fox, and not Independence Day Vivica but Vivica circa Nov. 20, 2008. And it’s not like Vivica isn’t fly. But she’s not exactly Halle (I know you’ve seen her on the Esquire cover so you know what I’m talking about), not exactly who you thought you were with. So the adrenaline isn’t exactly pumping the way it was early on, when you thought you hit the jackpot.

The same goes for these Hawks. They are going to win with smothering defense and opportunistic offense, by grinding out games and sticking to their core theme of defense and rebounding. They’re not going to be like the Suns’ high-flying teams of the past few seasons. They’re not going to dazzle anyone with their style and grace. It won’t always look good. Winning will simply have to do.

Those of us watching from TV last night (thanks to Carroll Rogers I had a day to recharge my battery) saw a weary team, one that lacked energy as well as confidence for most of the night. After watching them and then watching Portland and Chicago later, and seeing how much more energetic the Blazers looked compared to the Hawks (and Bulls for that matter), it was stunning.

And yet, when they needed to, the Hawks found a way to dig out the win (battling back from four points down with 65 seconds to play to pull it out). Again, it’s not pretty, but the job gets done. And for these Hawks, it’s the results that count.

So forget about Halle and start focusing on Vivica.

Sekou---- Your out of your element!

Halle is overrated.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Bleh. Halle is great and all, but I never looked at her as super attractive. I have always had a soft spot for Vivica since she has a better body. Stacy Dash is major smexy...she just doesnt have much of a body either.

Anyway, now we are on a 2 game win streak. I hope Marv keeps knocking those 3s down because they have been HUGE lately.

yea me too man..Halley is pretty as all hell but i was always more attracted to Stacey Dash, Megan Good and even Jada Pinkett in her prime...but thats just me i guess. And u better look again boy cuz Stacey Dash has a fat ass! lol

As for Marvin..he is playing very well. hope he keeps it up even when we get JSmooth back. and its official, Marvin is now a good 3point shooter!

yea me too man..Halley is pretty as all hell but i was always more attracted to Stacey Dash, Megan Good and even Jada Pinkett in her prime...but thats just me i guess. And u better look again boy cuz Stacey Dash has a fat ass! lol

they all sound good to me. i wouldn't throw any of them out of the bed for eatin' crackers.

Hallie bad man, remember that movie with Tommy Davidson and that real estate black dude. Hallie could make mother teresa sin, that's how bad she was in that movie.