Give me one reason why Bibby shouldn't be sixth man

GameTime

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
Well I mean, it is possible. There are plenty of teams who have a point guard who distributes the ball to their best wing player. It's just a matter of Acie passing to Joe more than anyone else.

That makes no sense unless we go back to the Joe Iso offense. If we do that then we don't need Acie in there, Bibby would be a better fit in the Iso Joe offense. When Acie drives the lane, the big men benefit more than Joe.

That makes no sense unless we go back to the Joe Iso offense. If we do that then we don't need Acie in there, Bibby would be a better fit in the Iso Joe offense. When Acie drives the lane, the big men benefit more than Joe.

Why does it make no sense to get Joe the ball more than anyone else? He's the best offensive player on the team.

• Premium Member
Why does it make no sense to get Joe the ball more than anyone else? He's the best offensive player on the team.

Because you don't need a real point guard to do that! Look at Jordan's career, he didn't need a point guard for him to succeed neither did Iverson. Just bring the ball past midcourt to give it to the 2 guard doesn't reguire point guard skill. Ask Steve Kurr

Edited by Peoriabird

Because you don't need a real point guard to do that! Look at Jordan's career, he didn't need a point guard for him to succeed neither did Iverson. Just bring the ball past midcourt to give it to the 2 guard doesn't reguire point guard skill. Ask Steve Kurr

that's sounds like Woody logic

• Premium Member
that's sounds like Woody logic

??? Don't understand what you are saying but if you think what Bibby does requires real point guard skills then you need to watch a real point guard. My point is that a real point guard dominates the ball like Paul and Williams and the biggest beneficiaries are the team's big men not the 2 guard because the get more easy bucket and dunk with the real point guard in the game.

acie law has played only a couple of good games in 96 games with the hawks. dont understand where all this acie is the answer to our problems is coming from?? he looked lost against the charlotte bobcats friday night and i don't get all this blind loyalty is coming from. everyone keeps hating on mike bibby we aint getting any better than what mike bibby does and thats it. acie has looked lost 95% of the time and I sure as hell am not comfortable with him running the show.

• Premium Member
acie law has played only a couple of good games in 96 games with the hawks. dont understand where all this acie is the answer to our problems is coming from?? he looked lost against the charlotte bobcats friday night and i don't get all this blind loyalty is coming from. everyone keeps hating on mike bibby we aint getting any better than what mike bibby does and thats it. acie has looked lost 95% of the time and I sure as hell am not comfortable with him running the show.

Let me ask you a question, If you were a point and was asked to run plays that don't make you a point guard wouldn't you be a little hesitant too. It sound to me that fans think that players have the freedom to do what ever they want to do which is funny. Acie's strength is driving the basket ball but if he is told to just throw an entry pass into JJ and get out of the way or worse not even touch the ball during an offensive set, I would expect him to be a little confused in this offense.

• Premium Member

Acie did play well tonight, but he hasn't been consistently good at all. I just want what's best for the team moving forward. He should be the starter, but only if he EARNS it by playing well consistently. I hope he gets it the right way rather than by default, ie us trading Bibby.

JJ isn't Jordan, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't benefit from good point guard play. The entire team would.

he wasn't lost against the Bobcats,he was just dumbfounded by the stupidity of woody and his offense. He was out there with Joe and Bibby playing 2 man ball and completely ignoring him. He was the only one playing defense on Augustin. There'e no blind loyalty,people are just seeing the truth. It's obvious somebody else has blind loyalty with the name plskeepbibby and with all his post being about that one subject. Acie is used to playing PG how it's supposed to be played right all his life now he gets here and the coach won't let him do it so of course he's gonna look lost.

Let me explain it to you. Acie dominated the ball in the 4th quarter. Led the fast breaks and set the table in the half court. This is usually what JJ does especially in the half court. JJ essentially didn't touch the ball when Acie was running point because Acie was setting up our big men for layup and dunks or shooting layups himself. JJ felt a little left out after a while so Woodson called an isolation play for JJ which ended in disaster. In fact you didn't even know JJ was on the floor when acie was running point because the offense was totally different. No stagnant posts ups or Iso plays. He attacked the rim aggressively. And this was not during garbage time because the Cav's starters were still in the game. Acie also made our 3 point shooter look good because he as drawing the defense in and kicking out to a wide open Mo Evans. In short the Joe Iso play was abandon which our main offense play and if this continues, I think that Joe would be unhappy,

I didn't see the game but have a question: People seem to be praising Acie Law's play - was it his play in the 4th quarter that was good or in general?

Seems the game was out of hand by the 4th so I am just wondering if Cleveland took their foot off the accelerator at that point or whether Acie was performing well against a team still fighting for the win.

acie was playing against the cleveland starters. I think Acie did a good job and i think woody needs to give him more PT. its hard to develop on the bench.

How about this..Woody starts bibby and then push acie in when we need to push the ball. Personally i think he should be acie in when joe and bibby are out that way we can run the point like a PG and see what happens.

OH SNAP..that what happened against cleveland and we put together a solid run

AC was in against the starters in the 4th but no doubt they had relaxed somewhat. That said he put on an impressive show and in my mind should earn some more opportunities going forward. That is how it works - you show out in whatever minutes you get, then you get more minutes in more meaningful times of the game.

I don't think AC has shown NEARLY enough to warrant starting over Bibby at this point. Bibby is not much more than a shooter, it's true, but he has been shooting it well and with him and Marvin being able to spread the floor it allows Joe room to operate. AC was good last night but he has had ample opportunity to earn tick this year and thus far he simply has not done so, in my opinion. After last night I would like to see him get another chance in some extended time within the next few games.

I think where AC should get a look is those nights when Evil Flip comes to the floor. You can tell what type of game Flip is gonna have within 3 minutes of game time. When he is out there turning it over and jacking bricks I think he should get a quick hook and AC should get his shot.

CWell is a little over-the-top in his criticism of Woody but it is fair to say that Woodson has shown that he will give his vets a much longer leash than that of his young players. Woodson will let Flip have those 2-13, 5 TO nights whereas AC would be yanked and forgotten on the bench after only a couple of minutes if he came out like that.

It would be great if AC could be an effective part of the rotation because he is a much better matchup for the Rondo, Harris, Ford, Augustine type that give the Hawks such fits.

He is also the only guy who has consistently shown the ability to get to the rack at will, which opens things up for shooters and bigs alike. I think AC really does not know what to do offensively when he is on the floor with Joe because he knows he is supposed to defer to Joe, but then that takes him out of what he does best (breaking down the defense with dribble-penetration) and turns him into a spot-shooter (which Bibby is much better at). He needs to just be aggressive because a drive/score or drive/dish is what is going to keep him on the floor. He will have the ball going through his hands on most possessions any way so he needs to be aggressive like he is with the 2nd team.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle between the plskeepbibby and Cwell camps. No doubt it will help everybody if both are playing and playing well. I hope Woody does the right thing and gives AC another chance because he basically deflected a question about AC's good play in the postgame interview.