• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is up with ZaZa?

BeeSwatter

First he has 17 rebounds the other night and doesn't play in the fourth qtr. Then tonight he recieves a DNP - Coaches Decision. Is he hurt? in the Doghouse? What happened? Any details or insight?

Yeah ever noticed that patch on his shoulder these past couple games? It's because he has a shoulder injury. He woke up one day and could barely move his arm, so he got the day off, but you can tell he's not the same still.

we play better without him on the floor.

Yeah, he's a bum. He has decent rebounding games every once and a while, but other than that he is useless. Halftime, he is rebounding his own misses because he can't score. He and Mario West would quickly find themselves out of the NBA if the Hawks didn't have them.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

Man we have a bunch of Zaza haters here today. It's a love/hate thing with me. I love the man when he's rebounding. I hate him when he's playing lazy. He just needs to work on his offense and he'll be great this year. If he can average 5 pts. and double digits rebounds, then he should get 6th man of the year consideration.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I think that is true. He's a lot more athletic and can definately jump quicker,

block shots and intimidate guys. Za should be a poster boy for 'white guys can't jump.'

If Zaza could do something other than have a big rebounding game once every 4 or 5 games there would not be a problem. I thought before that he could handle the backup spot, but the guy hasn't really played well in about 2 years. He's just not very good. Not that Solo is great, but he gets you 5PPG on 50% shooting and can block shots and get a few rebounds.

Yeah ever noticed that patch on his shoulder these past couple games? It's because he has a shoulder injury. He woke up one day and could barely move his arm, so he got the day off, but you can tell he's not the same still.

That didn't keep him out. Woody kept him out. The Stinger said so. Woody felt that instead of using our size advantage against Washington, we'd play right into their hands and play small ball. One of the few teams in the leage we have a size advantage on and Woody does his thing.

I'm sure Woody said matchups but more than likely it was just to give Pachulia's shoulder a game off. If you watched him shoot free throws, he simply couldn't use his left to guide the shot. In a close game, teams would put him on the line every time because he would probably be as effective as Shaq.

Hmm, funny it felt fine every time we hit a three. He'd pick both arms up above his head and raise 3 fingers. I saw him to this at least 4 times. Must be killing him.

What do you mean what wrong with ZaZa?.....ZaZa is ZaZa and I dont expect nothing much more from him.

Ok I have listened to nearly 10 posts of this stuff. Fact was while watching the game the announcers said that ZaZa was not playing due to coaches decision due to matchups. I figured it was because of his shoulder. Do we play better without him? Yes at times we do but the fact is we don't have that many bigs on this team if you haven't noticed. The people posting that we should just write him off without replacing him haven't got a clue in my opinion.

A "letter to Zaza" was posted last night on a fairly new Hawks blog - see what ya'll think about it (it seems to pretty much sum everything up)...

http://billyknighttookmylunchmoney.blogspot.com

I'll tell you what I think. I think it's comical that you (aka Lawstudent, aka Lawstudent101) try to register new names after being banned. I have an IP address log of every IP you have used to log into Hawksquawk and as such it will be very difficult for you to slip past me.

• Premium Member
I'll tell you what I think. I think it's comical that you (aka Lawstudent, aka Lawstudent101) try to register new names after being banned. I have an IP address log of every IP you have used to log into Hawksquawk and as such it will be very difficult for you to slip past me.

Too bad. He actually came back with a pretty cool screen name this time! But seriously, Zaza has been playing hurt and I think Woody just gave him a rest. I wouldn't read too much into it. Man, this place has more drama than a soap opera. Zaza has done reasonably well this season. I say that while trying not to look too hard at stats at this point in the season. Looking at his PLAY, he has been scrappy and has fought for rebounds. He never quits or goes half speed. He drives to the basket with the intention of scoring and/or drawing the foul. He's playing within the confines of his game. That means that he will never be the best post defender or scorer. He's a solid rebounding big man with competent post moves and a decent motor who WILL COME OFF THE BENCH when Smoove gets back. That's all you can ask of him.

Edited by hawkman

Too bad. He actually came back with a pretty cool screen name this time! But seriously, Zaza has been playing hurt and I think Woody just gave him a rest. I wouldn't read too much into it. Man, this place has more drama than a soap opera. Zaza has done reasonably well this season. I say that while trying not to look too hard at stats at this point in the season. Looking at his PLAY, he has been scrappy and has fought for rebounds. He never quits or goes half speed. He drives to the basket with the intention of scoring and/or drawing the foul. He's playing within the confines of his game. That means that he will never be the best post defender or scorer. He's a solid rebounding big man with competent post moves and a decent motor who WILL COME OFF THE BENCH when Smoove gets back. That's all you can ask of him.

I agree. Frankly, I'm nearly willing to give him a free pass for his offense this season. The man is a back-up center...who exactly is looking for a big offensive impact from their back-up center?

I just posted this in another thread, he's the best rebounding back-up center per 36 minutes, and has one of the best rebound rates in the entire association....Better even than Marcus Camby. If he's scrappy and getting us rebounds, he's doing everything you want from a second string center and he's doing it while less than healthy.