• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Whats wrong with Joe?

615Hawk

Dolf, this is the Hawks fanbase at its finest. A hurt toe hinders your ability to stop and cut. People forget that a lot of Joe's game is based on hesitation moves and changing speeds. He can't do that now and you can tell by his play as of late. His toe is the reason he looks off balance on some of his shots. His toe is the reason he's not driving to the basket for his patented runner like he was earlier in the season. I wish for once that the fans of this team could stand by their superstar/stars. You would think that JJ has earned a pass by now. What's the matter with some of you?

Talk about a loaded question.

Setting that aside some people are always going to dog JJ no matter what he does because he isn't Kobe or Lebron. When he scores 30 pts in the 2nd half while missing only 1 shot that game gets quickly forgotten. But if he has a bad game due to injury people jump all over it.

He also leads the team in turnovers with an assist to turnover ratio behind both Acie Law and Mike Bibby. Horford is a close 4th with Marvin not to far behind a 5 amongst players that get significant minutes. Look, No one is saying that Joe is not a star player on this team, He just needs to have a different mind set this year. We need fewer one on one plays from him and more ball movement, that's all!

Come on Peoria. All of those guys handle the ball far less than JJ. JJ is 11th in the league in turnovers. The guys ahead of him?

1) Stephen Jackson - 3.9

2) Dwayne Wade - 3.8

3) Steve Nash - 3.8

4) Carmelo Anthony - 3.5

5) Danny Granger - 3.3

6) Allen Iverson - 3.1

7) Kevin Durant - 3.1

8) Chris Paul - 3.1

9) Jason Kidd - 3.1

10) Rudy Gay - 3.1

The common trait? All of those guys have the ball in their hands a lot. More than anybody else on their respective teams.

If he didn't go one on one, to draw double teams, guys like Marvin, Evans, Flip or even Bibby, wouldn't be getting the open looks that they get.

I understand what you're saying, but it just isn't that simple. JJ went one on three at the end of that Boston game when he drove to the hole. Then he kicks to a wide open Marvin, who hit the 3 in the corner, to put us up 1. That's why he has the ball in his hands a lot. He's made plays like that all year.

raise your hand if you're for Joe getting a week off starting Wednesday assuming Smoove comes back.

A week off? Nah. Rest him against Memphis. Maybe? Against the Knicks? Only if he can't go.

But Memphis is a very athletic team. A lot of you guys who haven't seen OJ Mayo yet, are going to be impressed. I definitely don't want JJ resting on that road trip.

A week off? Nah. Rest him against Memphis. Maybe? Against the Knicks? Only if he can't go.

But Memphis is a very athletic team. A lot of you guys who haven't seen OJ Mayo yet, are going to be impressed. I definitely don't want JJ resting on that road trip.

FYI the game isn't being televised.

• Premium Member
If he didn't go one on one, to draw double teams, guys like Marvin, Evans, Flip or even Bibby, wouldn't be getting the open looks that they get.

1st of all, no one said that Joe shouldn't touch the ball on offense, he just needs to be more decisive with the ball and get the ball of his hands instead of taking those extra dribbles which has become his MO. Many times when he is playing around with the ball, the Hawk's offense grinds to a halt, the shot clock runs down which results in either a bad shot, bad/late pass or a turnover. Now having said that, there have been many very efficient offensive possessions lately where Joe never touched the ball.

Edited by Peoriabird

1st of all, no one said that Joe shouldn't touch the ball on offense, he just needs to be more decisive with the ball and get the ball of his hands instead of taking those extra dribbles that has become his MO. Many times when he is playing around with the ball, the Hawk's offense grinds to a halt, the shot clock runs down which results in either a bad shot, bad/late pass or a turnover. Now having said that, there have been many very efficient offensive possessions lately where Joe never touched the ball.

Yeah, I agree with this. Joe needs to make quick passes sometimes instead of just holding the ball for 10+ seconds.

I'm not sure and I hope it's not a mistake but here's the screenshot from the league pass broadband.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Those clowns still haven't even activated my Broadband account even though i bought LP two weeks before the season started. I have been back and forth with them probably 4 times now.

Hawks.com and Grizzlies.com aren't showing the game as being televised locally. The websites have been pretty reliable from my experience.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Those clowns still haven't even activated my Broadband account even though i bought LP two weeks before the season started. I have been back and forth with them probably 4 times now.

Hawks.com and Grizzlies.com aren't showing the game as being televised locally. The websites have been pretty reliable from my experience.

This seems to be different than the one that you get with the regular league pass subscription via tv, unless that's changed this year, because I bought the internet only version and it looks completely different than what I've had the last few years with the league pass broadband that came free with the television subscription.

You're probably right since it's not listed on either teams website, but I hope you're wrong!

This seems to be different than the one that you get with the regular league pass subscription via tv, unless that's changed this year, because I bought the internet only version and it looks completely different than what I've had the last few years with the league pass broadband that came free with the television subscription.

You're probably right since it's not listed on either teams website, but I hope you're wrong!

LP Broadband comes free with the TV LP purchase. It has been that way since they started LP Broadband. I think this is the first year Broadband could be purchased separately.

LP Broadband comes free with the TV LP purchase. It has been that way since they started LP Broadband. I think this is the first year Broadband could be purchased separately.

Yes I know, but the one that comes with the tv subscription that I've used for years and still has the same login page is at: http://www.nba.com/broadband/league_pass.jsp

The one that I'm using this year which was purchased as broadband only has a completely different login page and is at: https://audience.nba.com/services/msib/flow...%2Fconsole.html

My login information works with the new version but not with the old version. Maybe both of those pages open the same viewer but I don't think they do.

Yes I know, but the one that comes with the tv subscription that I've used for years and still has the same login page is at: http://www.nba.com/broadband/league_pass.jsp

The one that I'm using this year which was purchased as broadband only has a completely different login page and is at: https://audience.nba.com/services/msib/flow...%2Fconsole.html

My login information works with the new version but not with the old version. Maybe both of those pages open the same viewer but I don't think they do.

I didn't think they were even using the old version any more. I can't log in to either one.

I haven't had much luck with NBA.com this year.

I didn't think they were even using the old version any more. I can't log in to either one.

I haven't had much luck with NBA.com this year.

They may not be but without being able to log in I'm not sure.

You aren't the first that has been disappointed by them, but I have to say that I've had exceptionally good luck with it this year.