• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Home Crowd

Frenzy

When will people of the city begin to attend more hawk games?It's ridiculous how empty phillips is these days most games.This is a vid from the first half today,no way it should be that empty,especially in josh smith's return.I know we played memphis but come on...........

link

Edited by falconfrenzy

you have to understand that we isnt the lakers, suns, trailblazers, cavaliers, knicks, spurs and dallas in the fact that we arent gonna have big crowds for against boring teams.

i know but still you gott admit that was pretty empty.It's not the fact that the crowd wasnt big,its the fact that it looked like there was nobody even there the first half.

Edited by falconfrenzy

i know from experienced that african americans(most) do not go out there way for tickets. meaning they are not gonna order tickets ahead of time.

I know from experience too,but i figured people would be there atleast by the 2nd quarter.lol We always do stuff late

Edited by falconfrenzy

If the Hawks keep a winning product on the court, fans will begin to turn out. You can't have the same crap on the buffet every night and expect to have a line waiting outside to get in.

Now that we actually have a good team, I would expect the fans to begin to turn out as the season progresses. It would also help if we had a little more national attention so local fans could actually get excited about the game.

• Moderators

I think we sell about the same single game tix as a lot of the league. The difference is the season ticket holders for the 'premium' seats don't show or are really late. There's probably thousands of tickets sitting in drawers somewhere at coke, delta, home depot, and all the other big home offices. Even at my small company it was hard to give away braves tickets like these on weekdays to non-elite opponents.

When will people of the city begin to attend more hawk games?It's ridiculous how empty phillips is these days most games.This is a vid from the first half today,no way it should be that empty,especially in josh smith's return.I know we played memphis but come on...........

link

As a long time season ticket holder, I can tell you that last night's crowd was a LOT bigger than it has been over the past few years when we have played teams of MEM's quality during the week. I have seen crowds of less than 5,000 against those teams and there was at least twice that last night. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of folks there.

As a long time season ticket holder, I can tell you that last night's crowd was a LOT bigger than it has been over the past few years when we have played teams of MEM's quality during the week. I have seen crowds of less than 5,000 against those teams and there was at least twice that last night. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of folks there.

Last night was my first game this season, and I had a great time. I also thought the crowd seemed better than the weekday vs crap team crowds of years past.

link

i think the biggest part of our small crowds is that no one lives in the city,really. a lot of the population lives outside the city limits and commuting from the outskirts is just somewhat of a hassle with the whole Marta being terrible and downtown parking........ it's difficult to say the least (or expensive, that is)

but I was surprised by the Bobcats crowd when I was there. It wasn't sold out or even packed but it was a good mid week crowd

Edited by PlayaPat420

Perhaps how the Hawks handle the offseason really did help destroy the buzz this team had going for them. Attendance average is up but overall it still feel like nothing has change. I know the Economy is bad so you have to factor that in. In terms of that atmosphere at the Arena it is still the same as it has always been. Granted I don't expect it to be anything like the playoffs on a regular basis there. A little bit of noise wouldn't hurt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance

My work closes at 5:30. I leave at about 6:00. It is 50 miles from Phillips. No time to even change clothes and you still miss the first quarter. Then you get home by 11:30 after being on the go for the last 18 hours straight to just get up and start and early day of work all over again.

Bottom line is that most people live at least an hour from Phillips and work which makes it pretty difficult to catch a weekday game. Thats a lot of work to see a 4 win Grizz team.

Weekday crowds are always worse than the weekends. Memphis is a terrible team, and the economy sucks. We've had pretty good attendance on the weekends and against good teams. But, everyone is usually late because of the terrible traffic. When the game first starts it looks empty but as the game goes on, the crowd seems to fill up. I've been to one game this season and the crowd sucked in the 1st half but in the 2nd half it was twice as full.