• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin williams bandwagon

tonegully

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll never catch me on a Marvin bandwagon. He should have been an aggressive driver, as he's showing now, about 1.5 years ago. A little late, although he is still a baby. I know Woody calls the plays, but an aggressive, vocal player would simply not allow Joe to hold and deliberate when said player can force great block position and catches, get to the rim and draw fouls regularly. There seems to be a little too much friendliness and political-correctness when I hear/ see these guys speak in the media and interact during the game, other than the ongoing rift between the coach and Josh that produces mixed results. I expect Marvin to start to take a secondary leadership role behind Bibby and Flip with a little Al sprinkled in, because that simply is not Joe's forte. The rest of the team must make up for Joe's passiveness, and I think it's Marvin's time to assume his duty as far as ascending team spirit.

That's not Marvin. Look where Marvin played college ball at. UNC. He is used to playing in a set system.

JJ is our star player, Marvin is not going to yell at JJ for the ball. Thats not his job. Thats the dam coach's job to see what works and what are players strengths.

Marvin should not take a secondary role behind Flip because Flip is not in the 1st group of leaders.

Now watch when JJ comes back we will go right back to iso Joe plays. Dont blame Marvin blame Woody.

Marvin is doing his thing because Woody cant run iso joe plays all dam game. How can't you see that.

GO MARVIN!!

• Premium Member

You know, if you look at the numbers, Marvin is running about one year behind Danny Granger's stats in a number of categories.

The biggest differences are in passing, consistency from 3, and, most importantly, in usage. Where Granger has slowly become the #1 option for the Pacers, Marvin has become more and more an afterthought in the Hawks' offense.

I think it's obvious that needs to change.

After last night I'm back on board. Last night shows what he can do when he harnesses all his physical talent.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but it really showed why he was considered a #2 prospect in the draft.

I think we all have at one point wondered, why the heck was Marvin Williams ever considered an elite NBA prospect? Dude didn't start in college and doesn't stand out athletically like a D-Wade, Lebron, etc.

Then Marvin shows us glimpses of why with the way he can use that 6'9 230 pound frame to either take guys off the dribble, post up, and the range on the jumper. Only if he had the hunger of those other guys.

Marvin Williams actually does have the physical talent to be an all-star caliber player.

• Moderators

What Marvin showed us the last few games is that our offense should be spreading the scoring responsibility around more and that we have enough talent to go with more than Iso Joe.

The Bibby/Josh pick and roll; some plays for Marvin; these should be staples of our offense...not things that we applaud desperately when we see them.

(On Marvin himself, I still contend he consistently needs to be more aggressive than what he was when this thread was started.)

Edited by AHF

• 4 weeks later...
What Marvin showed us the last few games is that our offense should be spreading the scoring responsibility around more and that we have enough talent to go with more than Iso Joe.

The Bibby/Josh pick and roll; some plays for Marvin; these should be staples of our offense...not things that we applaud desperately when we see them.

(On Marvin himself, I still contend he consistently needs to be more aggressive than what he was when this thread was started.)

Yeah, but you forgot a play or three for the big man down low!

• 1 month later...
Future will be playing today Diesel and Hawks86. Lets see what Future does tonight.

Marvin has no future with the Hawks, maybe as a bench player (like he was at N.C), but he is not an All-Star caliber player for this team or any other team.

I wish Marvin would play like a Carmelo Anthony or on a higher level, but Anthony is two levels better than Marvin, and Anthony wants the pressure while Marvin just coasts.

Let us see what Marvin (aka the Future) does tonight: fumbling through the lane getting stripped of the ball while the opposing team goes the other way for a score or being reluctant to shoot the three point shot...

Marvin has no future with the Hawks, maybe as a bench player (like he was at N.C), but he is not an All-Star caliber player for this team or any other team.

I wish Marvin would play like a Carmelo Anthony or on a higher level, but Anthony is two levels better than Marvin, and Anthony wants the pressure while Marvin just coasts.

Let us see what Marvin (aka the Future) does tonight: fumbling through the lane getting stripped of the ball while the opposing team goes the other way for a score or being reluctant to shoot the three point shot...

Well I must say the future of this message board looked a lot brighter until you started posting your useless rhetoric. It seems that you are either a Diesel wannabe or Diesel Jr. You're either a fan of the whole team or not a fan at all! Go back to your hole that you came out of this year; your posts are useless.