• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ZaZa is quietly having a very solid season

Elijah

He's the only player on this team who goes for every loose ball, who crashes the glass, and probably are most aggressively player in the lane.

Of course he got off to a good start tonight, but Woodson will only give him his 18 minutes because our rotation is set for the next 16 years as long as Woodson is concerned.

Give props where props are due. ZaZa is playing his position :clap:

The only two things he is awful at are shot-blocking and not making shots when fouled (you can say the same about Duck and Smoove)

zaza reminds me of when a lineman picks up a loose fumble and tries to take it to the house. all i can think of is chris bermann going rumblin, stumblin, fumblin, then whoooooooooop!

That's funny. I think he has accepted his role for the first time in a couple years and when he comes in he is prepared to fill it. And that is valuable. I also think he has become more physical, something we need.

Its nice to see ZaZa approach the game the way he has this year. He gives it all the 18 minutes he is in the game and is forcing less ill advised shots this year then then he did last year. He is relishing the role of being a banger. He is playing physical basketball out there. We really need his hustle and toughness off the bench. He is setting excellent screens on the offensive side of the ball too. High energy, hustle guys like him are breath of fresh air off the bench. Its a totally different vibe then what he was giving the first 2/3 of last season.

ZaZa's approach to the game this year is the difference from night to day when compared to last year.

With the way ZaZa is playing I would rather have his physical / hustle play then a Brad Miller. We have enough jump shooters and a jump shooter is all Miller is. (He is a good passer too). Brad Miller cannot score in the post and cannot defend any better then ZaZa in the post. I don't think Miller will bang guys out of position or off block the way ZaZa will and he definately is not going to hustle and dive on the floor at 33 or 34.

We have our big hustle guy off the bench. He is not a shot blocker but he is a banger. I'd like to role the dice on a C. Frye at this point over B. Miller.

he has been playing better lately, notably on the defensive end. He is pressuring the ball at times and actually has come up with a few steals. He has actually been going for blocks.

He will never be a shotblocker because of his lack of hops but a contested shot has much less chance of going in. He made a nice play against Denver when Balkman drove baseline and Zaza pinned his shot on the backboard. He got called for a foul but it was a debatable call. But Balkman would have had an easy dunk if Zaza didn't go after him.

I have give props where its due. Zaza is playing great ball

Z has always been great when he plays within himself; it is when he is out there impersonating Sabonis in his prime is where he has problems.

Just rebound, play D the best you can and take an occasional open 9 footer.

Z has always been great when he plays within himself; it is when he is out there impersonating Sabonis in his prime is where he has problems.

Just rebound, play D the best you can and take an occasional open 9 footer.

Exactly. Every now and then he tries to do too much on offense. If he isn't trying to do too much he is really the best back-up center in the league (aside from Przybilla). Hawks give up less points when Z is in the game and he is big enough to be able to play solid positional defense. Sometimes he is able to defend a guy on the block long enough for Smoove or Horford to be able to come over and get the block, so although he doesn't get the blocks he does make contributions to blocked shots.

I think this is the first time since the KG-Z fight where a thread on Z has not turned into a thread ripping on him.

I have always liked Zaza, as most of you know. Some things he just can't do.

He will never be one of those guys who "jump out of the gym."

He's not a huge shot blocker.

He looks akward inside.

Some things he can do - and he does it most of the time.

He can rebound.

He can draw the foul inside.

He's not going to be pushed around inside.

He won't be intimidated.

He can hit the jumper from close in. Unlike Josh, he tries no 3's.

He has quick hands. Suprise! He will pick your pocket if you're not careful.

He's not afraid to hit the floor for a loose ball.

No, he doesn't do everything.

But, what he does do, he usually does very well.

Agreed G-M...Zaza is a solid NBA player. I think he is backup center - where he is now - but a pretty good one. He's kinda the "bull in the China Shop" sometimes - but that's OK - sometimes that is needed. He has better skills than we sometimes give him credit for - but occasionally he tries to do too much and looks flat stupid.

Watching Hawks games this season and listening to the other team's announcers,

I've been pleasantly suprised by the good name he has with these guys.

They, for the most part, think he is a good, not great, but good, NBA player.

I think they are right. He's good. No great star, but a solid workman who

gets the job done.

:conversation: