• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not far in the playoffs. . .?

Hawks Pimp Slappin

First and foremost, the Hawks WILL make the playoffs. Can anyone without searching this year's record books recall three blowouts the Hawks have taken? Also, most, if not all, elite teams (and the Hawks qualify this year) start their top five players 30+ minutes a game. Yes, we don't have a BIG, but we do run most teams in the dirt with superior athleticism (we're really young), and currently, excellent 3-point success. I predict a deep playoff run, contrary to the specious points made by some of the haters I've read. Bring it.

1. Who the hell are you? You should be banned for being too scared to post under your real name

2. "and currently, excellent 3-point success........"..Yes, currently we're shooting 3's well. Do you expect this to happen in the playoffs? Didn't think so

3. but we do run most teams in the dirt with superior athleticism (we're really young) Really? We're running teams into the dirt on the road with our athleticism? Maybe you can point out some games for me

4. Can anyone without searching this year's record books recall three blowouts the Hawks have taken? I don't even know what this means, but yes, we have lost to Cleveland, Indiana. and NJN beat us pretty securely in the one game at Philips this year. What do blowouts have to do with anything? And where do record books come in?

5. Also, most, if not all, elite teams (and the Hawks qualify this year) start their top five players 30+ minutes a game. . What does this prove? 30 minutes isn't a whole lot--when you have guys playing 38 or 39 minutes every night, there is a problem.

Your arguments hold no water. I suggest you post a reply under your real name.

Cheers,

Elijah :nono:

Elijah,

If you hate the Hawks so badly, why don't you join another forum? You remind me of one of those geeks who shows up at Philips wearing a Lakers jersey, even when we are playing someone like the Sixers. Get a life, move to Anaheim, get off this forum.

LOL, you don't even know me, clown. I've been to all but 3 Hawks home games this year. I am a bigger Hawks fan than anyone on this board (you can ask any of my friends that), but I don't understand why everyone is so optimistic, when the reality is that this team is not built for playoff success. I could care how many wins we get in the regular season. If we don't go far in the playoffs after this 29 year rebuilding project, it really is disappointing.

LOL, you don't even know me, clown. I've been to all but 3 Hawks home games this year. I am a bigger Hawks fan than anyone on this board (you can ask any of my friends that), but I don't understand why everyone is so optimistic, when the reality is that this team is not built for playoff success. I could care how many wins we get in the regular season. If we don't go far in the playoffs after this 29 year rebuilding project, it really is disappointing.

:lol6:

Which team do you scout for...?

There's no definite blueprint for guaranteed playoff success.

Elijah,

If you hate the Hawks so badly, why don't you join another forum? You remind me of one of those geeks who shows up at Philips wearing a Lakers jersey, even when we are playing someone like the Sixers. Get a life, move to Anaheim, get off this forum.

um.....who are u?

I respect your attendance record! I wish I could go to more games, but living out of town keeps me from doing that. I have been to one; the Golden State game. I have only missed one televised game, however.

Be positive! Don't we have the best start since 1979? I like our line up, and we match up well against a lot of teams! Chill, and stop hatin' on what is a great season!

Just which NBA team can honestly say, "I hope we get to play the

Atlanta Hawks in the playoffs because it would be an easy win for us."

No team is perfect. Not even the mighty Celtics. Last season, they

may have thought "Four easy games and it will be over."

Now, we all know better. Hawks were no pushover then and they

are a better team now, as our record shows.

By the way, Hawks Pimp Slap, welcome to Hawksquawk. Not everyone here

jumps feet first on a new poster.

Hang around. Sooner or later someone will come on and be nice. Not everyone

here agrees with everything posted here.

:angel19:

Wait.........

WTF?!?!

"Optimism" goes along with being a good fan. Let's face it, this team won 13 games in 2004! I'm proud of this team becoming a contender so soon after some VERY dismal seasons. This team can hang with the Cavs, Celts and Magic, so why wouldn't we be "optimistic?"

Against Magic 1-0 ( Beat on their home floor) Against Cavs 1-1 (Each splitting home games) Against Celts 0-2 ( I think we all know those could have gone either way)

So with that being said, why the LACK of "Optimism" from you????

LOL

• Premium Member
Winning by 40 and going 82-0 will cure all ills.

No... even if we did so.. by game 60, there will be that group who will say.. "Well these are just regular season games... The Playoffs will be different and we will lose".

A long time ago, I talked about a welfare mentality when it comes to Hawks fans. That was in relation to not wanting to do well because the thought was that getting to the draft meant success.

Well, what we see is more Welfare mentality. In this instance, I guess the line is:

You ain't nothing, You never was Nothing, and you will never be nothing.

Some people fear success because they don't know how to be successful.

Let's look at our losses:

1. Boston - 103 - 102. Away - NO Smoove.

2. Nets 115-108. Away - No Smoove.

3. Nets 119 - 107. Home - No Smoove.

4. Pacers 113 - 96. Away - No Smoove

5. Cleveland 110 - 96. Away - No Smoove.

6. Toronto 88 - 93. Away - No Smoove.

7. Dallas 100 - 98. Away.

8. Houston 92-84. Away

9. San Antonio 95-89. Away.

10. Boston 88-85. Home.

11. Nets 93 - 91. Away.

So we have lost 2 home games and 2 games to non-playoff teams (Indy, Toronto).

Teams we have beaten include: Houston, NOH, Orlando, Miami, Detroit, and Milwaukee.

:beer:

1. Who the hell are you? You should be banned for being too scared to post under your real name

2. "and currently, excellent 3-point success........"..Yes, currently we're shooting 3's well. Do you expect this to happen in the playoffs? Didn't think so

3. but we do run most teams in the dirt with superior athleticism (we're really young) Really? We're running teams into the dirt on the road with our athleticism? Maybe you can point out some games for me

4. Can anyone without searching this year's record books recall three blowouts the Hawks have taken? I don't even know what this means, but yes, we have lost to Cleveland, Indiana. and NJN beat us pretty securely in the one game at Philips this year. What do blowouts have to do with anything? And where do record books come in?

5. Also, most, if not all, elite teams (and the Hawks qualify this year) start their top five players 30+ minutes a game. . What does this prove? 30 minutes isn't a whole lot--when you have guys playing 38 or 39 minutes every night, there is a problem.

Your arguments hold no water. I suggest you post a reply under your real name.

Cheers,

Elijah :nono:

We got blowned out once only, to Cavs. Nj had a 5 point halftime lead and 12 point lead at the end of the 3rd. Pacers lead by 13 at half and 15 at the end of 3rd. THose are not big leads in Nba.

Do you think the Hawks should stop shooting the 3 ball even though they are good at it just because you think they will struggle in the playoffs? WTF?

I didn't read the whole post, but i knew where it was going. Hands down one of the dumbest ever. I mean i would agree if you were complaining about some in game moments, coaching, players and other stuff like that, but you don't even know what you complaining about. It seems to me that all you want is attention.