• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

J.J. Redick

615Hawk

I know Im probably biased since hes my favorite non hawks player in the NBA, but I have posted this before and said if given the chance and consistent minutes he could succeed and that has proven to be correct. I sure would rather have him than Flip or Mo. I would trade Flip and Acie for Redick and Gortat or something like that and then sign a back up PG.

Edited by ncthompson11

I know Im probably biased since hes my favorite non hawks player in the NBA, but I have posted this before and said if given the chance and consistent minutes he could succeed and that has proven to be correct. I sure would rather have him than Flip or Mo. I would trade Flip and Acie for Redick and Gortat or something like that and then sign a back up PG.

I would do that trade for Gortat alone.

• Moderators

JJ Reddick's PER this year is 9.4, a career low. I remain unconvinced he is anything more than a limited, spot shooter. He does shoot a good %, though. (Not FG% at around 42-43% but his but TS% is excellent and incredibly consistent).

JJ Reddick's PER this year is 9.4, a career low. I remain unconvinced he is anything more than a limited, spot shooter. He does shoot a good %, though. (Not FG% at around 42-43% but his but TS% is excellent and incredibly consistent).

Earlier this season when he was in somewhat of a shooting slump he was still on the floor due to playing good hard defense. He may not be as quick or athletic as Flip but he sure as hell gives way more effort and therefore plays overall better defense. I have watched some of the magic games this year and he is the only guy I ever see that takes a charge. He has played with a chip on his shoulder ever since he has gotten into the league and when he sees the court he plays the game like its his last. His energy would be greatly needed for this hawks team.

• Moderators
Earlier this season when he was in somewhat of a shooting slump he was still on the floor due to playing good hard defense. He may not be as quick or athletic as Flip but he sure as hell gives way more effort and therefore plays overall better defense. I have watched some of the magic games this year and he is the only guy I ever see that takes a charge. He has played with a chip on his shoulder ever since he has gotten into the league and when he sees the court he plays the game like its his last. His energy would be greatly needed for this hawks team.

His TS% this year is the exact same as last year and the exact same as his rookie year. Yet his PER is significantly lower. He wouldn't be on the floor as much as he is except for the desperation of the Magic with Pietrus injured.

• Moderators
his numbers overall arent as good but the last 5 or 6 games he has been lighting it up the way he is capable of doing. BTW he was 4-6 from deep tonight against San Antonio.

Give it some time. If he keeps it up for a sustained period, we can consider that a new baseline for him. If he is just hot for 2-3 weeks, that doesn't mean all that much just like it wouldn't change who he is as a player if he was cold for a few weeks.

• Admin

JJ is considered one of the worst defenders in the league.

That is why he can't get consistent minutes for Orlando. They tried and he keeps losing his spot to Bogans, Evans, Lee, Pietrus and any other sg they bring in.

He has a great shot when it is on but his lack of athleticism makes it hard for him to get it off against tall athletic guards.