• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Braves Pitcher

615Hawk

The Braves have reached an agreement with Japanese pitcher Kenshin Kawakami. Pretty good pickup for the middle of the rotation but we still need an ace. Lowe is good but he is to old and wants to many years. What will the Braves do about him and what do you guys think about this pickup?

I don't know anything about the Japenese pitcher but I will say this about Lowe. He is a #2 or #3 pitcher. He is NOT an ace for your staff except by default, IMO.

i wouldn't mind lowe too much, but prolly not for the money that he is wanting. he's too old to be throwing around anything more than a 3 years for 10's of millions.

i've also seen the braves and rangers are both in the hunt for ben sheets. he's got health issues, but is an ace pitcher when healthy. i don't recall him spending an extended amount of time on the dl last year. it seems that his price is dropping as more time goes by, so maybe he would be a good pick up to help sooth those pissed at missing out on aj burnett. i think he presents a fairly even risk/reward as burnett, and imo is a better pitcher, but i think will go for less than what burnett signed for.

i wouldn't mind lowe too much, but prolly not for the money that he is wanting. he's too old to be throwing around anything more than a 3 years for 10's of millions.

i've also seen the braves and rangers are both in the hunt for ben sheets. he's got health issues, but is an ace pitcher when healthy. i don't recall him spending an extended amount of time on the dl last year. it seems that his price is dropping as more time goes by, so maybe he would be a good pick up to help sooth those pissed at missing out on aj burnett. i think he presents a fairly even risk/reward as burnett, and imo is a better pitcher, but i think will go for less than what burnett signed for.

Lowe is definitely not worth the dollars and years that his agent is asking for.

If it were me I'd much rather take a chance on Sheets for half the money that Burnett got. I have a strong feeling that the Yankees will regret signing him to such a big contract, especially for a guy with a reputation of not wanting to pitch when he's got a hangnail.

I really don't get why Sheets hasn't been signed yet.

I will have to wait and see about this trade. Don't know anything about him, but you would think that the adjustment to American ball would be tough.

Hasn't been for anyone lately. He is good. He fields his position. He's a solid piece. Now, we need Lowe or Sheets.

We would have a pretty good staff with an outstanding pen, provided they stay healthy this year.

And let me say that I respect the team, and it was a team decision, to let Smoltz walk. What a jerk. I guess the $14 million he got for hanging out last year just wasn't enough respect. I don't want to get into that whole mess now, I don't have the time. But Smoltz is just dead wrong and I've lost a sizeable amount of respect for the only baseball player I've ever owned a jersey of.

The Braves will be better than many people think. I think we can contend if things fall the right way. We still need another inning chewer, though.

Hasn't been for anyone lately. He is good. He fields his position. He's a solid piece. Now, we need Lowe or Sheets.

We would have a pretty good staff with an outstanding pen, provided they stay healthy this year.

And let me say that I respect the team, and it was a team decision, to let Smoltz walk. What a jerk. I guess the $14 million he got for hanging out last year just wasn't enough respect. I don't want to get into that whole mess now, I don't have the time. But Smoltz is just dead wrong and I've lost a sizeable amount of respect for the only baseball player I've ever owned a jersey of.

The Braves will be better than many people think. I think we can contend if things fall the right way. We still need another inning chewer, though.

looks like the braves just got lowe for 4years/$60mil.

lowe and braves deal

Me either. I'd rather gamble on Sheets - especially if he is taking a contract for 3 years or less.

I have no link to back this up. Just going by what I read from another fan. It was a Mets fan that said the Mets saw the MRI on Sheets arm and it was the scariest thing he ever saw. Take that for what its worth. The fact he is still out there. There is something on those medical records which all teams more than likely saw that just scare them away. Some team will take a chance on him sooner or later. I wouldn't expect much from him.

I have no link to back this up. Just going by what I read from another fan. It was a Mets fan that said the Mets saw the MRI on Sheets arm and it was the scariest thing he ever saw. Take that for what its worth. The fact he is still out there. There is something on those medical records which all teams more than likely saw that just scare them away. Some team will take a chance on him sooner or later. I wouldn't expect much from him.

That seems to make sense, he is too talented of a pitcher to be out there on the open market like this for so long. My guess is that the Brewers are letting him sit out there as long as they can before offering him a cheap incentive based contract.

• Moderators

That would explain why he is looking to earn significantly less than pitchers that are significantly inferior to him (if healthy).