• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Before yall fellas light the torches...

HawkItus

Let's remember where we are.

22-14.

5th in the East.

We have had some significant injuries.

We did lose several games recently that could have gone either way.

The glass is definitely 75% full.

We knew we weren't a championship team coming into this season.

Most people said we couldn't afford to start slow or Woody should go. We didn't.

Most people thought 45 wins would be a good target. We are on course for that.

This season has not been anywhere close to a best case scenario and we are still 8 games over .500.

Let's let the season play out and see what happens.

oh and one more thing the Celtics lost six in a row. If the league champion isn't immune to a slump, why would the Hawks be.

Eh, you know how it goes. Lose a couple games and we're suddenly a bad team. All the wins, "are nice but this team isn't going anywhere because [insert cliched reason]."

Course, we start winning and a different group will come out and talk about how we are "actually probably the second best team in the east and Boston doesn't really scare us..."

Thats why people come to message boards, to freak out.

I think some people were getting carried away with optimisim before we played Orlando, ignoring the teams problems because they were pulling out wins at home against undermanned teams.

At the same time the Hawks aren't as bad as they look now. In the end things even out. If they end up will less than 45 wins though i will definitely be disappointed, barring any major injuries of course.

I think some people were getting carried away with optimisim before we played Orlando, ignoring the teams problems because they were pulling out wins at home against undermanned teams.

At the same time the Hawks aren't as bad as they look now. In the end things even out. If they end up will less than 45 wins though i will definitely be disappointed, barring any major injuries of course.

Agree 100%.

Record wise, I think the team has far exceeded expectations to date this season. There are definitely some issues to be addressed which may not have easy answers as far as the teams long term success.

I just can't allow myself to get too excited yet as I remain concerned about the viability of a jump shooting team in the playoffs.

Agree 100%.

Record wise, I think the team has far exceeded expectations to date this season. There are definitely some issues to be addressed which may not have easy answers as far as the teams long term success.

I just can't allow myself to get too excited yet as I remain concerned about the viability of a jump shooting team in the playoffs.

I think there is definitely an issue of expectations to be addressed.

It is very unlikely that this team wins a title. A "big man" is not what makes teams win titles, a superstar is. Be it Bird, Doc/Mosis, Magic, Mike, Hakeem, Shaq, or Duncan, your chances of winning a title increase a huge amount with a legit superstar. I think KG last season still fits that bill and Isiah/Dumars were near that level but even if you count last season's Cs and the Bad Boys as teams that like the 04' Pistons, didn't have a superstar, they were more talented than this team unless everybody suddenly "gets it" on this team.