• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NFL Championship games...

AtLaS

Arizona already looking great and Fitz is of course playing well. People didn't give Arizona much credit but I think they probably just got lackadaisical because they clinched so early. Now that they've taken so much criticism and actually have something to play for, they are dangerous. That offense is killer with two dominant receivers, and if their D keeps playing well they are as good as anyone.

I will say that I hate the way the playoff system works though, giving home games to the division winner regardless of record. Indy having to play IN San Diego who was 8-8 is ridiculous, same with the Falcons playing in Arizona.

WTF! The Eagles are coming back. 24-19

I'm done with the NFL. Plum tired of it's mediocrity.

http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/team...=ari&lg=nfl

Take a look at those records closely. THAT franchise just got to the Superbowl. A one trick pony 9-7 team in one of the worst divisions in NFL history most likely. I refuse to further accept the NFL's mediocrity.

• Premium Member
I'm done with the NFL. Plum tired of it's mediocrity.

http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/team...=ari&lg=nfl

Take a look at those records closely. THAT franchise just got to the Superbowl. A one trick pony 9-7 team in one of the worst divisions in NFL history most likely. I refuse to further accept the NFL's mediocrity.

Don't you love it!!!!

NE goes from 15-1 to not even in the playoffs.. while Arizona goes from no playoff mention to the Superbowl. What would the NFL be if it were always the Pats and the Cowboys??

I love the fact that a young team with weapons can make it to the Superbowl. And if you think Arizona is a "one trick pony" then you haven't watched the games... Arizona is probably the most entertaining team in the NFL.. and I watched them brutalize {hilly yesterday. McNabb was hit so hard by one blitz, I was surprised he got up!!

Don't you love it!!!!

NE goes from 15-1 to not even in the playoffs.. while Arizona goes from no playoff mention to the Superbowl. What would the NFL be if it were always the Pats and the Cowboys??

I love the fact that a young team with weapons can make it to the Superbowl. And if you think Arizona is a "one trick pony" then you haven't watched the games... Arizona is probably the most entertaining team in the NFL.. and I watched them brutalize {hilly yesterday. McNabb was hit so hard by one blitz, I was surprised he got up!!

They went 11-5 and missed the playoffs. Arizona went a laughable 9-7 in a terrible division and is in the Superbowl.

I have watched games. Probably more than you. Yeah, The Cards defense was so outstanding that they gave up 25 points. Their defense was bad in the regular season. A couple of hot games doesn't change the rule. Rooting for Arizona is just the same old cheesy underdog crap that americans eat up time after time. Who cares if they aren't any good! They're the underdog! Rocky! Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!

while Arizona goes from no playoff mention to the Superbowl. What would the NFL be if it were always the Pats and the Cowboys??

The Best teams should make a run for the title. 9-7 isn't anywhere near the best. I don't appreciate mediocrity and cheer it on. But I guess it's not surprising... We live in a time where american's are fickle... So of course they'd love fluke teams doing well for a couple of games then winning it all.

Cheers to Detroit going 8-8 next year and winning the Superbowl.

Honestly, the unpredictable is what is becoming predictable. Maybe every offseason people should start betting on what loser from last year will make a Crapperbowl run this year.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member
Rooting for Arizona is just the same old cheesy underdog crap that americans eat up time after time. Who cares if they aren't any good! They're the underdog! Rocky! Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!

I've been a closet Arizona fan for years... I even thought that they had a shot with Warner some time ago...

I just think that when you put the old man into that offense. Warner won't have to worry about much. He will have a 3 step drop and an almost West coast like offense. He's going to make Bolden, Fitzgerald, and Edwards famous.

I think JJ Arrington will also be fun to watch.

This has been a long time coming...

I think the thing you miss Hots is that with the style of FAcy that they have in the NFL, teams can build and be successful overnight. Sure they came out of a weak division, but you can't deny that they proved themselves against good teams. And were dominant doing it...

I've been a closet Arizona fan for years... I even thought that they had a shot with Warner some time ago...

This has been a long time coming...

I think the thing you miss Hots is that with the style of FAcy that they have in the NFL, teams can build and be successful overnight. Sure they came out of a weak division, but you can't deny that they proved themselves against good teams. And were dominant doing it...

They barely beat THE Falcons when the Falcons made MANY MANY mistakes. They played good the first half of the game today, but for the most part blew in the 2nd half. Outside of the Carolina game, there isn't this dominance that you speak of. You prove yourself over the long haul, and not 2 or 3 games. Good and great teams win for a period of time. The Cards are like a mediocre boxer that gets a couple of good shots in and wins the championship. I can't and will not be impressed by that.

I appreciate teams that win. I appreciate teams that can prove their worth over time. I'm not a trendy person. I don't get sucked up into trendy things.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member
They barely beat THE Falcons when the Falcons made MANY MANY mistakes. They played good the first half of the game today, but for the most part blew in the 2nd half. Outside of the Carolina game, there isn't this dominance that you speak of. You prove yourself over the long haul, and not 2 or 3 games.

You don't think they dominated the first 3 quarters of the Eagle game? The NFC championship was locked up about midway through the third. They had an 18 point lead, playing at home... Sure Philly tried to comeback, but for the most part, the game had already proven who was the better team.

Arizona is a team of opportunity. When they got their shot, they made the most out of it... You don't see the dominance of how they stopped the Atlanta Falcons running game?? Our RB got talk about being the MVP of the league and they shut him down. In the third quarter they blanked us and every time they needed a first down.. they got one... They exposed the weakness on our defense and they used the blitz as a weapon.

Poor Carolina never had a chance.

You don't think they dominated the first 3 quarters of the Eagle game? The NFC championship was locked up about midway through the third. They had an 18 point lead, playing at home... Sure Philly tried to comeback, but for the most part, the game had already proven who was the better team.

Arizona is a team of opportunity. When they got their shot, they made the most out of it... You don't see the dominance of how they stopped the Atlanta Falcons running game?? Our RB got talk about being the MVP of the league and they shut him down. In the third quarter they blanked us and every time they needed a first down.. they got one... They exposed the weakness on our defense and they used the blitz as a weapon.

Poor Carolina never had a chance.

For one thing... Let's keep in mind that Philly was 9-6-1 this year. They couldn't even beat Cincy. They were not great team themselves. They only made the playoffs because so and so beat so and so. Second, yeah the Cards rode the momentum for a while, but the bad defense showed up later in the game. They're not a good defensive team.

The fact is that the Cards BARELY beat probably the youngest team in the playoffs at HOME. Not really that impressive. Even the worst defenses are sometimes capable of taking something away from the other team.

I'll give you the Carolina game. But regardless of it all, I'm not going to applaud a team for playing a couple of good games. I'm not going to be impressed by flavor of the month teams. If you swap the Cards with the Titans, I still feel the same way.

Hopefully Pitts wins so that there is alittle bit of justice, but I don't really care that much anymore.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member
For one thing... Let's keep in mind that Philly was 9-6-1 this year. They couldn't even beat Cincy. They were not great team themselves. They only made the playoffs because so and so beat so and so. Second, yeah the Cards rode the momentum for a while, but the bad defense showed up later in the game. They're not a good defensive team.

The fact is that the Cards BARELY beat probably the youngest team in the playoffs at HOME. Not really that impressive. Even the worst defenses are sometimes capable of taking something away from the other team.

I'll give you the Carolina game. But regardless of it all, I'm not going to applaud a team for playing a couple of good games. I'm not going to be impressed by flavor of the month teams. If you swap the Cards with the Titans, I still feel the same way.

Hopefully Pitts wins so that there is alittle bit of justice, but I don't really care that much anymore.

The problem is in the NFC who would you have placed in the playoffs? Tampa? Chicago? New Orleans? It's not a case where these teams lucked into the playoffs, they played their way in. Philly had to prove themselves against the Cowboys and marshaled a 44-6 whipping to make it in. Moreover, coming down the stretch, nobody wanted to play Philly. They beat the Giants. Secondly, the NFC South dominated the NFL this year... Arizona knocked off the two top teams in the NFC South. The playoffs are a beautiful thing... games are played and teams rise to the challenge.

Hoping that pitts derail the Cards is probably going to make you a little more mad. Pitts haven't faced an offense with this many weapons. Not even your beloved Titans.. You know the funny thing is that after teams have lost to the cards, the defense always gets questioned... Hell, the Cards hung 24 on Philly in a half. In the 4th quarter, the Cardinals had a drive that lasted almost 8 minutes... making 3rd and 4th down conversions.

Here's my prediction, IF James plays hard, the Cards will win!

The unsung heros the offensive line and the defensive line can withstand the Steelers too.

The problem is in the NFC who would you have placed in the playoffs? Tampa? Chicago? New Orleans? It's not a case where these teams lucked into the playoffs, they played their way in. Philly had to prove themselves against the Cowboys and marshaled a 44-6 whipping to make it in. Moreover, coming down the stretch, nobody wanted to play Philly. They beat the Giants. Secondly, the NFC South dominated the NFL this year... Arizona knocked off the two top teams in the NFC South. The playoffs are a beautiful thing... games are played and teams rise to the challenge.

Hoping that pitts derail the Cards is probably going to make you a little more mad. Pitts haven't faced an offense with this many weapons. Not even your beloved Titans.. You know the funny thing is that after teams have lost to the cards, the defense always gets questioned... Hell, the Cards hung 24 on Philly in a half. In the 4th quarter, the Cardinals had a drive that lasted almost 8 minutes... making 3rd and 4th down conversions.

Here's my prediction, IF James plays hard, the Cards will win!

The unsung heros the offensive line and the defensive line can withstand the Steelers too.

It doesn't really matter. The NFL trophy is not a symbol of greatness. The championship should be a symbol of greatness. But the Cards aren't greatness. They're the benefit of a system that happened to swing in their favor while another team that played better and won more games was left sitting at home.

Just the playoffs last year. The Hawks were not more deserving of making the playoffs than the Warriors. But the playoff system went to the Hawks benefit.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

It doesn't really matter. The NFL trophy is not a symbol of greatness. The championship should be a symbol of greatness. But the Cards aren't greatness. They're the benefit of a system that happened to swing in their favor while another team that played better and won more games was left sitting at home.

Just the playoffs last year. The Hawks were not more deserving of making the playoffs than the Warriors. But the playoff system went to the Hawks benefit.

Let me guess, you're an Eagle fan. :laughing5:

Yeah, I honestly don't see how the playoffs haven't been entertaining. I hate to see the same teams win over and over. That's the great thing about baseball and football IMO, much more parody than the NBA even though I still like the NBA better.

To hots, what did Arizona have to play for in their last 6 games? They had a great start but they clinched so early, that has got to take some drive out of a team. Regardless, just looking at them, they are easily one of the top offenses in the league. Since their defense is playing better, it's no surprise that they are winning. Very similar to the Colts IMO.

But, I do agree that they shouldn't have had a home playoff game. The Chargers getting to host the Colts was crap, too.

To hots, what did Arizona have to play for in their last 6 games? They had a great start but they clinched so early, that has got to take some drive out of a team. Regardless, just looking at them, they are easily one of the top offenses in the league. Since their defense is playing better, it's no surprise that they are winning. Very similar to the Colts IMO.

How can you use this argument to defend the current system?

I mean, how can you defend a system where a team has nothing to play for for over 1/3 of the regular season, so he loses a lot of games and still has homefield advantage over teams with much better records?

Can you imagine a basketball season where a team could clinch a playoff spot and first round home field advantage with 30 games to go?

I think at the very least the NFL should make seeding in the playoffs independent of division winners, even if division winners are still allowed in regardless of record.

At best, they should go back to just 3 divisions per league and be done with it. Winning a four team division is not that big of a deal, specially given how unbalanced they are. Teams like the chargers and cardinals have a double advantage: they play weaker opponents and they have to win less games.

As for excitement, a 3 division system would mean a whole lot less meaningless games. Besides, how many of you would watch pittsburgh vs arizona if it wasnt the superbowl?

Id watch indy vs the dolphins, or indy vs NE even if it was just a regular season game.

I can't and will not be impressed by that.

I don't think anyone really cares what impresses you. Your ignorance of past playoff systems is obvious. Do you know that back in the 70's there were teams that went 12-2 and missed the playoffs. Just like in High School football today. The NFL system is easily the best. There is something to be said for wild card teams getting home field if they have a better record than a division winner. I don't agree, though. Winning a division is the goal. Anyone who thinks that isn't an accomplishment, probably never played on a team and certainly never won a division or league.

By the way, anyone remember how the 49'ers became a dominant team? One major contributing factor was the 4 wins they got every year from Falcons and Saints. That made their path to the Super Bowl much easier than any other good team in the NFL. But those were the good ole days, right? Please.

I really don't know what you're gripe is, but it is silly. These are professionals. Everyone is trying. This isn't USC in the Pac-10. That makes it harder. You've obviously never played football or you would have an appreciation for what Arizona has done. They are only the second 9-7 team to make the SB. It's not like it's an everyday issue. Why have a playoff if you only want to see the teams with the very best records play? You have to actually play the games. But you wouldn't know about that.

You really shouldn't watch football if you don't respect the process. Seriously, what do you watch for? Exciting plays? Must be, because you don't seem to understand or appreciate the intricacies of the game.

How can you use this argument to defend the current system?

I mean, how can you defend a system where a team has nothing to play for for over 1/3 of the regular season, so he loses a lot of games and still has homefield advantage over teams with much better records?

Where did I defend the system? Did you not read the last sentence of my post? You didn't quote it so you obviously didn't, so here it is..

"But, I do agree that they shouldn't have had a home playoff game. The Chargers getting to host the Colts was crap, too"

I don't think anyone really cares what impresses you.

Well good for you if you don't care, don't bother to reply. It's pretty simple. If you don't give a crap, you don't respond. I had a bigger reply, but it doesn't matter. I'm done with the steroid NFL league anyway.

Edited by Hotlanta1981