• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tyler Hansbrough

DrReality

He's one of the guys that have stayed in school and has amassed a lot of records. Although he does not possess the great athleticism that some players have he is the consumate blue collar guy. He is projected in the later first round

If he is there . . . . . do we take him? He could turn out to be a tough inside guy. Something we lack.

All of the things listed as strengths are what we could use. His size is a question but he seems to be one of those guys who could develop a specific skill or skills in the pros and be a very good player for years. Guy who could pick up the second team?

Strengths:

• Best player in college basketball?

• Productivity

• Strength

• Toughness

• Motor

• Competitor

• Winner

• Back to the basket scoring

• Footwork

• Jump-hook

• Getting to free throw line

• Free throw shooting

• Defensive intensity

• Intangibles

Weaknesses:

• Size

• Length

• Explosiveness

• Ball-handling skills

• Lateral quickness

• Defensive potential

• Passing out of post

• Man amongst boys?

• Year older than class

• Upside

I'd hope we will be good enough to pick somewhere between 19-24. I'd think he'd be on the board. He's not the type of player I'd go for though. I'd take a Mills/Collison type of guy if Acie doesn't improve or try and snag Jerome Jordan if he doesn't shoot up the boards closer to the draft.

Im worried that he´ll be too much of a defensive liability on this level. If you can remember what the Kansas big men did to him in last year´s final 4, then you know what Im saying. Darrll Arthur, Cole Alrdich, Darnell Jackson and Sahsa Kaun made him look silly. Bill Self clearly game-planned to take advantage of Hansborough´s weak defense... and it worked.

Im worried that he´ll be too much of a defensive liability on this level. If you can remember what the Kansas big men did to him in last year´s final 4, then you know what Im saying. Darrll Arthur, Cole Alrdich, Darnell Jackson and Sahsa Kaun made him look silly. Bill Self clearly game-planned to take advantage of Hansborough´s weak defense... and it worked.

Your right he's not that great of a defender. I wish their was a big bruiser in the draft like a Paul Milsap type or something.

• 1 month later...

As a backup PF I dont think you can go wrong. He will give us somewhat more national exposure and works too hard to not be at least a 12 and 8 guy over his career. I think what we would get from hansbrough is the same as when he is in his late 20s. He could possibly get you 15 a game at the most and probably no less than 8. He would be a dependable player and could find a role on this team. Ill be honest I hate all the hansbrough love around here since I live in North Carolina but you cant deny he wont back down from anyone.

He's one of the guys that have stayed in school and has amassed a lot of records. Although he does not possess the great athleticism that some players have he is the consumate blue collar guy. He is projected in the later first round

If he is there . . . . . do we take him? He could turn out to be a tough inside guy. Something we lack.

I would take him if he was available late. He would be a nice backup big for us along with Zaza. He isnt flashy but he can rebound and score the ball well. He is a hustle player too..gotta love those! I think the best case senario is him becoming a player like David Lee and the worst case senario is Mark Madsen

• Premium Member

If we were going to keep our pick, he would be a consideration. Especially with Marvin going into negotiations, but i think that our need for C and PG is higher. Still, about Hansbrough, I have liked him as a college player, but I have also noticed that he isn't getting any taller, nor is he more explosive in any way. He's like Collison, who was a great player at Kansas but as a pro, very limited with no upside.

• Admin
Hansbrough is just slightly better than Mark Madsen. I would pass.

So where did you get that he is slightly better then Madsen?

That is what the experts say.

Have you seen this kid play? He has more heart then most nba and college players out there.

He has a lot of skills too and is smart. He will succeed just with his work ethic.

The only true similarity between him and Madsen is that they are the same size and they are white guys.

Hansbrough has been the best college player in the US for the last 4 years. What does that say?

• Premium Member
So where did you get that he is slightly better then Madsen?

That is what the experts say.

Have you seen this kid play? He has more heart then most nba and college players out there.

He has a lot of skills too and is smart. He will succeed just with his work ethic.

The only true similarity between him and Madsen is that they are the same size and they are white guys.

Hansbrough has been the best college player in the US for the last 4 years. What does that say?

Cap I think you're vastly underestimating natural talents.

Hansbrough is undersized and slow...depending on what position you're talking about. Can you name a player who is undersized and slow that has made a living in the NBA? If you can, you're talking about one of the best shooters in the game.

• Admin
Cap I think you're vastly underestimating natural talents.

Hansbrough is undersized and slow...depending on what position you're talking about. Can you name a player who is undersized and slow that has made a living in the NBA? If you can, you're talking about one of the best shooters in the game.

...but Mark Madsen?? Come on

I don't think he will be a star but I think he will be a good player.