• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chillz

Swatguy

I wander what his injury means to his contract in Greece.

If his absence takes his team out of contention is his contract in trouble. I have heard of several players not getting their contract value as "Euro owners" refuse to honor contracts.

Will his injury hasten his return to the Hawks, as in mid March?

Chillz

• Admin
I wander what his injury means to his contract in Greece.

If his absence takes his team out of contention is his contract in trouble. I have heard of several players not getting their contract value as "Euro owners" refuse to honor contracts.

Will his injury hasten his return to the Hawks, as in mid March?

Chillz

He has flat out said he will not play for us.

It does not mean we can't do a sign and trade.

He has flat out said he will not play for us.

It does not mean we can't do a sign and trade.

Where did you get that information from? I have not heard him say he will not come back to the Hawks and I have read pretty much all the articles on Chill since he has been in Greece.

Ummm...

http://dimemag.com/2008/12/post-up-josh-ch...your-questions/

Chilly, as a hardcore Atlanta fan that really liked and respected what you brought to the floor, I ask this: Is your relationship with the Hawks beyond repair? Can you see yourself coming back under any circumstances? We miss you man! (also, how you liking your boy Marvin´s new 3-point range??)

I wouldn’t say the relationship is beyond repair. I don’t dislike anyone in the Hawks organization. It just came down to me making a decision to do what was best for me and not for them. I can definitely see myself coming back if they want me to. However, I will make sure I weigh my options and try to make a good decision.

As for my man Marv, he could always shoot the 3 ball. He just never chose to. I’m glad to see him shooting it though. He is an excellent shooter.

Joshua,

Would you consider coming back to the NBA after a tenure at the Euroleague? Would you put the Hawks at the top of your list?

I would definitely consider coming back. I will weigh my options and try to see which one is best for my career. As of now, I am still under contract with the Hawks, so regardless of if they are at the top of my list, they have my rights. So it’s really up to them.

Hey Josh,

1st off I wanna say I am a diehard Hawks fan and you were my favorite player on that team (my game is a mixed pattern of you and Tony Parker) and I was whole-heartedly upset that they didn’t show you the love and respect that you not only deserved but damn well earned. I think had they shown you that you would be back with the team and helping us kick *ss and take names in the league, money be damned. With that said I have to ask you would you consider a return to the Hawks after the season? and if not this season then after your contract overseas is up?

Well thanks my man. I appreciate the love. I am definitely open to coming back to Atlanta after the season. I loved the city and the fans. However, it’s not completely my decision. So once the season is over here, I will make my choice.

So, moving right along. I believe 6-8 weeks away for the Greek team is sufficient enough to think the Greek owners may not be willing to continue to pay Josh. I believe a deal can be made to free him from Greece and sign him here.

6-8 weeks may be positoning. JSmith returned in about three weeks.

Edited by Swatguy

So, moving right along. I believe 6-8 weeks away for the Greek team is sufficient enough to think the Greek owners may not be willing to continue to pay Josh. I believe a deal can be made to free him from Greece and sign him here.

6-8 weeks may be positoning. JSmith returned in about three weeks.

The NBA has an agreement with FIBA where they won't sign a player who has a valid contract overseas. Childress' team would have to let him go or buy him out before he can play for an NBA team.

I wasn't Josh Chill's fan as a player but I do respect him as an intelligent guy with intelligent agents and can therefore assume that he wouldn't be so stupid as to cut out his only avenue back into the NBA for the next couple of years.

If he has an opt-out every summer of his Euro-deal but the only way he can come back is a deal with the Hawks (be it straight up, SnT, or renouncing), he isn't going to do something that could invoke spite.

In regards to Josh saying he doesn't want to come back here.

I remember a home game a few months back on League Pass with a phone interview with Childress. He never said anything finite, but his tone in a lot of his interviews has shown a sense of negativity towards the Atlanta organization and not wanting to return to it.

• Premium Member
In regards to Josh saying he doesn't want to come back here.

I remember a home game a few months back on League Pass with a phone interview with Childress. He never said anything finite, but his tone in a lot of his interviews has shown a sense of negativity towards the Atlanta organization and not wanting to return to it.

I disagree. Childress on the phone interview sounded Homesick and he stated that he would come back to Atlanta if it all worked out for him. I have a strong feeling that he's coming back and will either sign and trade or Just sign.

I disagree. Childress on the phone interview sounded Homesick and he stated that he would come back to Atlanta if it all worked out for him. I have a strong feeling that he's coming back and will either sign and trade or Just sign.

IS it even possible for Chillz to leave and suit up for the Hawks this year?