• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Was Drained By The 2nd Period

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Did anyone else notice this? Joe was driving the ball but could not create any space out there. He also seemed to change his game up a bit. Not many 3 pt shots or mid-range jumpers. This is clearly not a style JJ likes. Woody has figure out a new wrinkle when Bibby is useless and Joe is getting the double. I saw at one point in the 2nd where he bent down on his knees and seemed to be breathing quite heavily. Does make you wonder how a world-class athlete like Joe can tire so fast but seeing how hard the man has to work to get a shot off makes it a little clearer.

• Moderators

I liked that he was driving but he kept trying to dish instead of puting it up. I guess you're right though he was just too spent to make space. Terrible, ugly game. At least Flip was working to get easy shots. Everyone else looked scared or clueless. Defense was decent though.

• Premium Member
I liked that he was driving but he kept trying to dish instead of puting it up. I guess you're right though he was just too spent to make space. Terrible, ugly game. At least Flip was working to get easy shots. Everyone else looked scared or clueless. Defense was decent though.

I saw several erratic passes from Joe last night. Guys would be looking for Joe to take shot and not thinking for a second that he’s about to pass. Plays like that alone probably caused 3-4 turnovers.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Joe looks "drained" most of the time lately. The scary thing is it's only Jan. Woodson seems determined to run him into the ground, just like last year. Why can't he use Acie for 5-10 mins per game to spell Joe? All of our guards are hybrid point/shooting guards anyway. It's frustrating watching Joe playing this poorly lately. You know it's got a lot to do with fatigue.

Maybe he reads this board. He did try to dunk in someone face last night which is rare to see and it coincidentally happened after the post about him finishing was posted yesterday.

What worries me is that he was wearing not that calf sleeve again last night. Remember last January when he got wore down he wore one calf sleeve? Two season ago he missed the last 21 games due to a calf contusion. Well, last night was the first time I noticed him wearing a calf sleeve this season and he actually had one on each calf, first time I've seen him wear 2 as well.

If JJ injures the calf again it will prove to be more of chronic problem then it already is. No more 40 minutes nights for JJ, ESPECIALLY in the first of back to back games. Please don't run him into the ground before the allstar break Woody !

I saw at one point in the 2nd where he bent down on his knees and seemed to be breathing quite heavily. Does make you wonder how a world-class athlete like Joe can tire so fast but seeing how hard the man has to work to get a shot off makes it a little clearer.

Guarding D. Wade will wear you out too.

Joe looks "drained" most of the time lately. The scary thing is it's only Jan. Woodson seems determined to run him into the ground, just like last year. Why can't he use Acie for 5-10 mins per game to spell Joe? All of our guards are hybrid point/shooting guards anyway. It's frustrating watching Joe playing this poorly lately. You know it's got a lot to do with fatigue.

It would help if Acie was any good.

JJ has looked rather tired for a while. He doesn't look too happy out there either. Even if Woody doesn't play Acie in place of JJ, he should at least play Flip more often at that position. Even Evans could fill in at the 2 for a few minutes.

A little off topic; anyone notice that Miami's plan on D was to stuff the lane with 3 to 4 guys whenever a Hawks player made a drive to the hoop. Seemed to work pretty well against the Hawks. No one was shooting jumpers and our 3's weren't falling. It was just drive, stop, drive, stop, three, miss, drive, stop.

JJ has looked rather tired for a while. He doesn't look too happy out there either. Even if Woody doesn't play Acie in place of JJ, he should at least play Flip more often at that position. Even Evans could fill in at the 2 for a few minutes.

A little off topic; anyone notice that Miami's plan on D was to stuff the lane with 3 to 4 guys whenever a Hawks player made a drive to the hoop. Seemed to work pretty well against the Hawks. No one was shooting jumpers and our 3's weren't falling. It was just drive, stop, drive, stop, three, miss, drive, stop.

Yeah, Nique said that they need to keep driving to the basket. Everytime they did they got rejected. They had no chance cause they shot so poorly. Bottomline.

It would help if Acie was any good.

Its Woodson's fault. Dude plays an hours worth of basketball in 08 and people expect to see something from him or our bench? Hilarious!!

It would help if we had a real coach, who had the slightest idea what he was doing out there.