• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What if...

Diesel

WHat if  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

What if you have a girl/woman/chick that is right... I mean, Ms. Canada, Ciarra, Old Jessica Simpson, Halle Berry whatever floats your boat drop dead gorgeous... Good talker, good morals, etc... whatever floats your boat...

And

She Knew more about Sports than you did.

Is it a turn off or a turn on?

What if you have a girl/woman/chick that is right... I mean, Ms. Canada, Ciarra, Old Jessica Simpson, Halle Berry whatever floats your boat drop dead gorgeous... Good talker, good morals, etc... whatever floats your boat...

And

She Knew more about Sports than you did.

Is it a turn off or a turn on?

A hot girlfriend that loves sports and knows more about the topic than me? Turn on, for sure. I mean, anyone that has had meaningful relationship for a significant period of time knows that after a wile, normal everyday dialogue becomes boring and often a struggle. This way, you could always turn to sports to talk about! Plus she's hot....

Maybe it would be like some guys having problems when a girl is smarter than they are?

Yeah, that could be a reason. Some dudes probably would look at it as breaking the traditional male/female roles and not like that. People have different things that make them tick, this does seem to be an odd one to hit upon.

Yeah, that could be a reason. Some dudes probably would look at it as breaking the traditional male/female roles and not like that. People have different things that make them tick, this does seem to be an odd one to hit upon.

If I was dating someone who was more intelligent than me, better looking than me, could kick my *ss in sports and sports knowledge, made more money than me, and she had a better sense of humor than me I'd be all for it. I think you'd have to be pretty insecure to let those types of things bother you enough to be a turn off.

If I was dating someone who was more intelligent than me, better looking than me, could kick my *ss in sports and sports knowledge, made more money than me, and she had a better sense of humor than me I'd be all for it. I think you'd have to be pretty insecure to let those types of things bother you enough to be a turn off.

I echo that...that would be huge for me, lol, if she was hot AND liked sports, I'd be giddy.

• Premium Member

I hear what you guys are saying, however, you forget, I have been here long enough to see what happens when a chick is revealed on Hawksquawk. It's like chasing Frankenstein with pitchforks and fire...

I am of the opinion that some of you guys couldn't take it to have your woman correcting you at Sports. Dol or whoever said it's insecurity is correct, I think that there's some level of insecurity for some guys... however, I'm astounded that no one has come fourth after a circumspection and said that they would be somewhat turned off.

I mean... Ex... Come on dude... if your chick posted on Hawksquawk and everyday, she'd pwn you.. And everyday, she'd get you with a:

pwned-facekick.jpg

I think you would have problems.

I hear what you guys are saying, however, you forget, I have been here long enough to see what happens when a chick is revealed on Hawksquawk. It's like chasing Frankenstein with pitchforks and fire...

You know what D, I'll play. Its not that I'd be insecure about it. My ex made more money than me and was better looking and it didn't really bother me BUT I did like to have sports to myself. Its not that I minded if she'd watch a game with me, its just that it was nice sometimes to just go to the bar and watch some sports. It was my escape so to speak.

So no, it wouldn't necessarilly be a turn off, but it definitely wouldn't add anything to the rest of the package. I talk sports with my guy friends, I don't need to do that with a girlfriend.

• Premium Member
You know what D, I'll play. Its not that I'd be insecure about it. My ex made more money than me and was better looking and it didn't really bother me BUT I did like to have sports to myself. Its not that I minded if she'd watch a game with me, its just that it was nice sometimes to just go to the bar and watch some sports. It was my escape so to speak.

So no, it wouldn't necessarilly be a turn off, but it definitely wouldn't add anything to the rest of the package. I talk sports with my guy friends, I don't need to do that with a girlfriend.

Appreciate the honesty!

I am of the opinion that some of you guys couldn't take it to have your woman correcting you at Sports. Dol or whoever said it's insecurity is correct, I think that there's some level of insecurity for some guys... however, I'm astounded that no one has come fourth after a circumspection and said that they would be somewhat turned off.

I mean... Ex... Come on dude... if your chick posted on Hawksquawk and everyday, she'd pwn you.. And everyday, she'd get you with a:

pwned-facekick.jpg

I think you would have problems.

No woman on earth knows as much about sports as I do. It's not even possible. I've wasted literally, thousands and thousands of hours contemplating various sports issues. What girl does that? Besides, they can't even really play two of our big 3 American sports. How can you know something unless you've experienced it? You can't. To the point where it is second nature, anyway. I would love to hear some girl trying to wax on, say, Norm Van Brocklin, off the top of my head. Yeah, right. He was one of the greatest football players to ever live and a former Falcons HC, btw.

My girl knows what 5 or 6 Hawks players look like. That's good enough for me. I would have a problem if a girl didn't understand what I was saying in the above paragraph.

However, I'm quite positive that some women have expertise in select fields and would undoubtedly know more about that sport. For instance, one of my good friends used to play basketball at a SportsLife health club. So did former Brave and Falcon Brian Jordan and his wife. He said that she was way better than him and was better than most guys. Who knows about her knowledge of the history of the game and those kinds of things, though. That is another component, as mentioned above, in the discussion of "knowing more".