• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

29 points on 5-15 shooting?

High5

Marv is a beast when he does stuff like that. I saw the 5-15 shooting and thought, oh wow, he's gotta have about 12 or so points. Then I looked at the free throw attempts: 20. Let me put that in perspective:

He took more FTs than all of the other Hawks players...COMBINED.

It's so much fun when it's your guy! Joe would have had 15 points at best. I really hope these last two games by Marvin change the rest of the season.

Loved Marvin's aggression...you could almost FEEL him wanting to get the ball. Also, props to Evans for playing a good game as well.

Nobody else on the Hawks got to the line worth mentioning tonight.

3 key Bobcats players had 5 fouls and two had 4.

Marvin is goofy and his backside looks like those trays my parents had back in the 80s that would fold up and you could eat your dinner off of while watching TV.

He can get to the hole though - I've always said that. I honestly think Marvin defers to Joe and almost to a fault.

Marvin isn't the player that Joe Johnson is but Joe Johnson needs Marvin to open up the offense for him.

I think Marvin is our #2 option. It's up to Woody to make it happen.

There was a lot of games this season when we got in a drought that lasted 5+ minutes. It was mostly jump shots by Joe and Bibby. When we can't make a freaking basket, why not give it to Marv and tell him to go straight to the hole. If he doesn't get a call or misses the layup than give him the ball again on the next possession till he gets the call. Trust me Marvin will draw a foul 2nd time if not the first. It's waaaaay better than missing 5-10 straight jumpshots.

But knowing Woody, he will Iso Joe till Joe makes a tough shot.

Edited by Murat1

There was a lot of games this season when we got in a drought that lasted 5+ minutes. It was mostly jump shots by Joe and Bibby. When we can't make a freaking basket, why not give it to Marv and tell him to go straight to the hole. If he doesn't get a call or misses the layup than give him the ball again on the next possession till he gets the call. Trust me Marvin will draw a foul 2nd time if not the first. It's waaaaay better than missing 5-10 straight jumpshots.

But knowing Woody, he will Iso Joe till Joe makes a tough shot.

good point.

I'm beginning to have a change of heart about our offense. I used to think that we needed to get the ball out of JJ's hands in order to help JJ get easier opportunities to score. While that's still true, I'm beginning to believe that we actually need him to play like a big offensive PG for this team.

Maybe it's a function of the offensive scheme, but Bibby has been at his best as a spot up shooter. In fact, a lot of his best facilitating jobs are done off of a shot fake-he gets defenders lunging at him to get hands in his face or even up in the air, and he's able to force mismatches that way. So Marvin has to be the second scoring option and really the second ball-handler, as we take advantage of Bibby's ability to hit open threes.

Bibby can't really create his own shots-he's never been the most fleet of foot, and right now, he just can't create things for himself off the dribble. He sure can hit shots, though. I'm thinking that we need to utilize him as mostly a man floating around the perimeter, waiting to catch shot opportunities, and seeing if he can set screens to force a switch whenever Marvin has the ball.

Basically, you'd run the offense where JJ is the primary ball handler who looks to pass early, Marvin is the second option who looks to get open either off the dribble or off the ball and is the man primarily responsible for feeding the post, while you make sure to set up Bibby for whatever open shots he can find.

but isn't this a good thing 29 points on a 5 for 15 night? we the hawks, or marvin is getting some respect from the refs. plus, there are some nights when shots just aren't falling and marvin got a way to score some points. i would hate it if it's 5 for 15 on free throws, but not field goal

Larry Brown acting like a little baby in the post-game press conference. :cant believe:

"It's tough when you play against LeBron and they keep putting him on the line," Brown said. "Every time we play LeBron and Kobe (Bryant) and people like that, they shoot 20 free throws. It's tough. I'm just being facetious there."