• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why does Nique get such a bad rap?

TskOoOo

It seems like so many people hate this guy because he is allegedly an awful commentator. I disagree with this notion. I think he knows the game very well and knows what he’s talking about and that he just repeats phrases that piss people off. The only glaring weakness in his commentary is he fumbles players’ names.

On top of that, he’s probably the only truly exciting basketball player to star for the Hawks in the last 25 years. This is true because Josh Smith is an athlete, not a basketball player.

So whoever hates on Nique needs to stop because he is truly a legend and is invaluable to this city.

It seems like so many people hate this guy because he is allegedly an awful commentator. I disagree with this notion. I think he knows the game very well and knows what he’s talking about and that he just repeats phrases that piss people off. The only glaring weakness in his commentary is he fumbles players’ names.

On top of that, he’s probably the only truly exciting basketball player to star for the Hawks in the last 25 years. This is true because Josh Smith is an athlete, not a basketball player.

So whoever hates on Nique needs to stop because he is truly a legend and is invaluable to this city.

I'll tell you what, Bob - that right there was what we call a 'heat check'.

Great player. Awful commentator.

I love Nique as much as the next guy, simply because he's Nique. But he is absolutely the worst commentator grammatically I've ever heard. "Josh doesn't quite has the range from out there yet." "That Raptor bench don't look comfortable over there." "Dwayne Wade have all the skills." He even stresses incorrect words, almost like he's trying to flex his linguistic muscle. Aaah, Nique. Sometimes it's hilarious. I know many times Bob is embarrassed for himself and for Nique. Makes you wonder what he was doing in class at Georgia.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
I love Nique as much as the next guy, simply because he's Nique. But he is absolutely the worst commentator grammatically I've ever heard. "Josh doesn't quite has the range from out there yet." "That Raptor bench don't look comfortable over there." "Dwayne Wade have all the skills." He even stresses incorrect words, almost like he's trying to flex his linguistic muscle. Aaah, Nique. Sometimes it's hilarious. I know many times Bob is embarrassed for himself and for Nique. Makes you wonder what he was doing in class at Georgia.

Listen to Steve "Snapper" Jones then listen to Nique. I'ts like MBV 3D vs. Friday the 13th . No contest!