• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best called game of the year

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Bib fan of the Stinger here and he was in rare form last night. I don't know who idea it was to put Nique in the broadcast both but that person should be beaten across the back with a sugar cane.

And I gotta give Filp big props on playing some good PG last night. Nice to see a PG play defense and drive the ball instead of chucking up lazy 3s all night.

Bib fan of the Stinger here and he was in rare form last night. I don't know who idea it was to put Nique in the broadcast both but that person should be beaten across the back with a sugar cane.

And I gotta give Filp big props on playing some good PG last night. Nice to see a PG play defense and drive the ball instead of chucking up lazy 3s all night.

I love Stinger too ! He and Bob have great chemistry and Stinger is veteran of live telecast. I think after he left us he went to Miami to call the Heat games the year after the Heat won the Championship.

I would love for Nique to go back to the halftime and post game roles and for Glenn to step back in for the live game calls. Nique's vocabulary is just too limited for his job.

I love Stinger too ! He and Bob have great chemistry and Stinger is veteran of live telecast. I think after he left us he went to Miami to call the Heat games the year after the Heat won the Championship.

I would love for Nique to go back to the halftime and post game roles and for Glenn to step back in for the live game calls. Nique's vocabulary is just too limited for his job.

No doubt, the Stinger (as was Smitty) is better than Nique as a color commentator. I love Nique and he may know every bit as much about the game as the Stinger but the Stinger does a much better job of communicating what is going on. Nique was good in the studio with Jerome, he's just not suited for the commentator role.

• Premium Member
SHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYT THEY HAD STINGER IN THE BOTH LAST NIGHT? I missed it cause I got the Denver announcers on nba tv. Is Nique sick or something?

The Denver announcers were getting on my nerves all game.

Announcer A: "Marvin Williams in the corner"

Announcer B: "Well you know he is either taking a jump shot or driving right... he can't do anything else"

The Denver announcers were getting on my nerves all game.

Announcer A: "Marvin Williams in the corner"

Announcer B: "Well you know he is either taking a jump shot or driving right... he can't do anything else"

He did that to the tune of 31 pts last night. That reminds me of a famous Robin Harris stand up routine when he talked about fans comparing Magic and Bird. He said the Bird haters would always say "All he's got is a 3 pointer." Robin said "Hell, that's all he needs!"

I wish they would bring back Stinger permanently. Smitty was good, but I think I would still choose the Stinger over Smitty. No comment on Nique, I was always told if you have nothing good to say don't say anything at all.

The one Denver guy was our very own former Hawk Scott Hastings. I thought they did a pretty decent job. Yeah, there was some homerism, but there always is. I think after Gorman/Heinsohn, I appreciate everyone a lot more.