• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sure looked better w/o Smoove on the floor

gsuteke

The Hawks came back and took the lead because they fixed their deficiencies on the boards.

Al Horford is a better player when pushed to his natural position of the 4 because he takes care of the glass.

Their defense improved as well. Not to mention the sporadic bone head jump shot from 24 feet.

I love Smoove - but I wonder if it's more for his "highlights" or his overall impact on winning ballgames.

Big 3 Marvin!

What was the end result a loss Smith does not belong on the bench for entire 4th quarter esp being paid 11 million dollars. Whats to say he couldnt have a made an impact out there. We lost the game its bs.

Having Horford at the 4 provided more impact than Smoove was giving us.

SMoove didn't play terribly, however I think this game exposed Smoove as the square peg in the round hole.

The offense flowed smoother as well. It was just one game. We'll see what happens but I personally congragulate Woodson on having the stones to bench Smoove.

Many of you will blame Woodson for losing this game. I give him credit for making it a game.

• Admin
We should just bench smith the rest of the season see how good we do seems like alot people feel we are better without him. Just trade em in the summer fuk it we suk anyway.

well we can't have him in there at the end any more. They will just do a hack-a-shaq.... I mean a hack-a-smoove

We should just bench smith the rest of the season see how good we do seems like alot people feel we are better without him. Just trade em in the summer fuk it we suk anyway.

Please don't bypass the profanity filter. It exists for a reason.

Hopefully Woodson will find a lineup that will exploit Smoove's strengths. It's all about the lineups. The one Woody came out with in the 2nd half worked.

Zaza was playing well but you dont play your supposed 2nd best player the guy u just gave 11 million dollars to be your cornerstone for the entire that is a slap to the face and disrespect. He is our best shot blocker and defender inside on that last possession where lebron got fouled why was not in the game to try to alter the shot its just awful coaching by an awful coach. You play a backup center who should really be 3rd string over your supposed 2nd/3rd best player its a bunch of BS I would have gave him props if it worked but they lost and it backfired in his face which is bs we should never lose a game like that esp at home and nationally tv.

Zaza was playing well but you dont play your supposed 2nd best player the guy u just gave 11 million dollars to be your cornerstone for the entire that is a slap to the face and disrespect. He is our best shot blocker and defender inside on that last possession where lebron got fouled why was not in the game to try to alter the shot its just awful coaching by an awful coach. You play a backup center who should really be 3rd string over your supposed 2nd/3rd best player its a bunch of BS I would have gave him props if it worked but they lost and it backfired in his face which is bs we should never lose a game like that esp at home and nationally tv.

WOW

You just don't get it, do you?

Smoove is our 2nd best player? Really? An opinion at best.

Woodson's job is to run the guys out there that give the Hawks the best chance to win the game. The 1st half vs the 2nd half is all the evidence I have to produce to make the case that Woodson did the right thing by benching Smoove.

He's our best help shot blocker. You need to understand there are two distinct ways to block shots. 1 on 1 and help defense. Smoove gets the majority of his blocks off help defense. He would have just gotten a foul called on him on that Lebron play at 1.6 - it was in the cards.

That backup center allowed Horford to take care of the boards. What does that say about Josh? I think the fact Crapchulia was playing is an indictment on Josh Smith. Marinate on that for a little bit.

To your last point if Woodson hadn't made the change the Hawks would have likely gotten embarassed on National TV as they were being in the 1st half.

Kudos to Woodson. He didn't lose the game because he pulled our "2nd best player."

We played better defense and had a better flow on offense, no doubt about it. You could tell by Smoove's body language early in the game that he was frustrated and had a negative vibe. It all started after he missed 2 free throws (what else is new) and 2 awful jump shots.

Zaza played a great game on both sides of the ball. He is physical. You always know what you are getting with him unlike Smoove. At least Zaza gets in there and gets rebounds and bangs around. (AND MAKES FREE THROWS!)

Here's what I know...

If Smoove would have given up 5 consecutive points, late in the game...to include an offensive foul, which changed the entire momentum of the game...there would have been "Blame Smoove" threads all over the place. But of course moral victories count, in the win column on this board.

Edited by HawkNJersey

• Premium Member
The reason Smith was on the bench?

Smith - 34 minutes, 3 rebounds

Zaza - 24 minutes, 8 rebounds

Marvin & Horford - 10 rebounds each

That simple.

You are speaking clearly! Stop it because we on Hawksquawk don't undertand that rebounding matters and that your starting power forward should be the one getting them!

Smoove played well and with tons of energy tonight. What was the problem?:no-no:

I'm sure Smoove is making his "what'd I do" face as we speak.

i thought he had a flat game tonight. or maybe i was expecting a zaza type of energy.

i don't get it sometimes, why does it have to be josh had a bad game(a few games actually) we now need to trade him or somthing like that? zaza had a better game but that's why we had a bench and that's what the bench for.