• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we better off

jerrywest

Face it. NBA wants LeBron vs. Wade in the second round to pay for its bills. All vested interests will work for it. We are not built to fight for championship this year anyway.

If we bow out in the 1st round are we better off because,

a. We will resign Marvin at a discount rate.

b. No more excuses to keep Woody for next year.

c. Bibby will not be overpaid.

d. Acie will gets minutes and we will know how good he is.

????????????????

Face it. NBA wants LeBron vs. Wade in the second round to pay for its bills. All vested interests will work for it. We are not built to fight for championship this year anyway.

????????????????

It's no guarantee if we do lose in the first round, Woody is gone. Our win total is going to be significantly better than last year. Woody would have shown improvement every year, and the Hawks will be flirting with a 50 win season this year. All the Woody haters may jump my crap here...but barring a total collapse the last 20+ games and a first round sweep of us...Woody will be the coach next year.

• Moderators

Also, no guarantee that Law gets minutes if we lose in the first round. We lost in the first round last season and Law got stapled to the bench after early effective play against the Celts.

Has the world gone mad? This is as bad as the posts from last year where some people wanted the Hawks to tank and miss the playoffs.

• Premium Member

????????????????

A. Marvin is not guaranteed to be signed at all. The back is a touchy injury. You're 22 and you're back locked up?? You already have terrible posture and this may be something serious or even Chronic? There's no loyalty in contracts negotiations. Sund just might bring back Chillz for under 6 per and let Marvin go.

B. I think we keep woody if we do well and get to the 2nd round. However, I just heard that we may be getting Billy Donavan. YOu all know I have no respect for College coaches, but right now, I just want to see some good offense.

C. That wasn't going to happen either way. I think Bibby can't find a better deal than what we will offer and that's possibly around 4 years 27-28 million. (speedy +)

D. Doubt it. Woody's minutes are based solely on defense. If Acie plays it, he will play.

• Premium Member
Huh? So our best defensive PG can't get minutes because of Bibby and Flips D? Okay.

You make a good point, but I guess better stated is that for players who don't shoot three pointers, the only way they get to the court is with good defense? However, that kinda kills Rio?

Hell, I don't know what Woody does. It might just be the best three point shooting vet plays.

• Moderators
because they are not the same team without him as they were with him...

Not stepping in the middle here but both sides can see this is a chicken and egg argument that is not going to be resolved.

A: The team wasn't the same.

B: They used the $$ that would have gone to Chillz on better players.

A: But adding Chillz to that mix would be better.

B: Not at the expense of perimeter shooting and defense.

A: It doesn't have to be either/or. Use the $$ that would go to Marvin to sign Chillz and Flip this offseason.

B: Marvin has better perimeter shooting and defense and is a better fit.

A: The team's record is better without Marvin than with Marvin.

B: The team hasn't played the same schedule and JJ hasn't played the same with or without Marvin.

A: Exactly - JJ is better without Marvin.

B: The whole team is better without Childress.

etc.

etc.

At least when we had the tanking arguments there seemed to be a goal that was certain (obtaining a higher percentage chance at winning a spot in the lottery). With this tanking scenario it is speculation on trying to save money.

Why would you want us to lose in the first round? The more playoff experience the young guys get, the better we will be in the future.

exactly. I dont get why any fan would want us to settle. Nothing he listed are guaranteed to happen so just go out and play to win basketball games. I would love to knock off the Heat in the first round! Cavs would just stomp all over the Heat anyways lol we have a better shot than the Heat

????????????????

I havent even read the replies though I'm sure you got called out as a bad fan. I don't think that though.

As far as your question goes, that's def how I would spin it to myself if we lost but I think if you are in the playoffs, you gotta take your shot and enjoy it when you have it.

However, if Marvin is out for the season and that causes us to lose in the first round, I wont shed a tear if that potentially costs Woody his job, that's for sure.