• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dare the Thought!

Wurider05

Why can't we win the championship this year!!! I mean we play toe to toe with Boston and Cleveland !! I mean I could see us beating the Lakers. When we are playing Hawk basketball we can run with any team in the league. So I don't think that it is out of the realm of possibility that we could come out of the east. So all this "we just want to make it to the 2nd round" crap needs to go. I say championship or bust!!!!!

Why can't we win the championship this year!!! I mean we play toe to toe with Boston and Cleveland !! I mean I could see us beating the Lakers. When we are playing Hawk basketball we can run with any team in the league. So I don't think that it is out of the realm of possibility that we could come out of the east. So all this "we just want to make it to the 2nd round" crap needs to go. I say championship or bust!!!!!

This is a bad road team. That's why. Also, Phil is a better coach than Woody is.

This is a bad road team. That's why. Also, Phil is a better coach than Woody is.

We'll see how we do in the playoffs on the road this year and I think we'll be a lot better on the road in the playoffs than last year and than this regular season but I do expect that it will be our ultimate downfall this season.

As to Phil obviously he's a better coach but as much as most of you hate Woody we did win one more game against the Celtics with a much younger and less talented group of players than the Lakers had and that's not even talking about our playoff rookie coach or all of the playoff experience that Phil has.

We'll see how we do in the playoffs on the road this year and I think we'll be a lot better on the road in the playoffs than last year and than this regular season but I do expect that it will be our ultimate downfall this season.

As to Phil obviously he's a better coach but as much as most of you hate Woody we did win one more game against the Celtics with a much younger and less talented group of players than the Lakers had and that's not even talking about our playoff rookie coach or all of the playoff experience that Phil has.

Right now i just want to beat Cleveland tomorrow at the Q..GO HAWKS!!

Ray Allen's horrible play in the first round is one thing that really hurt Boston.

INTIMIDATION!!!

:no-no:

What one thing has more to do with "Winning the big one" than anything else?

Intimnidation, that's what.

As recently as last night, SAS vs BOS. In a very close game, with the outcome

in doubt until the very end, SAS missed 6 free throws very late in the 4th quarter.

They last by the score of 80-77.

These were the mighty champions they were playing. They were "the best" from

last season and are expected to be again this year - Providing they're healthy.

Intimidation? You think?

This Boston team is the same one that easily won all their games @ home against

the upstart Atlanta Hawks in last year's playoff. Being in the hostile enviroment

that the Celtics call home, we know the results. Intimidation? Could it have been?

Today, starting @ 1:00 PM, the Atlanta Hawks will again take their show on the

road. They have a great winning record. Seven in a row. Where? At home.

Now, they must face the hostile crowd in Cleveland. Only one time have these

Cavs lost a game here this entire season. They also have a seven game winning

streak on the line.

In last year's playoffs, the Boston bullies tried their intimidation on the Hawks

while they were in Atlanta. It didn't work. Zaza and the Hawks stood up to

them in a mighty way. Years from now, you young Hawk fans will still be having

fond memories of those playoff games in Atlanta.

King James. The Mighty One. Able to change a franchise by agreeing to take their

money and bring that team the King Midas touch. The reason that many teams

are clearing payroll space for the time when his Cavs contract comes to an end.

This is the same King James that had a hundred million dollar deal before he

played his first NBA game. That's NBA money + advertising revenue.

King James @ home. That King James, who the guys in the striped shirt keep

a close eye on to see that he gets every call, every call, that he is entitled to.

All eyes are on him. Other players on the floor at the same time may have

something happen to them that will not be called. No one saw it. They were

too centered on King James. He held me! He pushed me! Did you see what

he did to me? Nope. King James is on the floor. We must be aware of him

at all time. If someone did something to him and we missed it, we could very

well be without a job in short order. Intimidation? Surely not?

If you don't believe that NBA stars don't recieve special attention, that the

officials don't pay special, close attention to them at all times that they are

in the game, you probably also believe that Pro 'rasslin is also 100% real.

(Note: Pro Wrestling is always referred to and advertised as an exibition.

Ever saw the Vegas odds on the outcome of one of these? They are great

athletes and put on a good show. I will give them that)

Today, if the Hawks can get their shots to fall, expect a great game. Come out

cold and do their "sleepwalk" and this could be over early.

:biggrin:

GO HAWKS!!!

:computer8:

Can't score = Can't win. Easy math.

Couldn't watch game. Couldn'te even listen. Just watch the scoreboard,

so I don't even know what happened.

Sleepwalk to open game? Why couldn't Hawks score?

Why all the Teck fouls on the Hawks?

Were the Hawks THAT bad today?

?????????????????????????????????????????????/

Ray Allen's horrible play in the first round is one thing that really hurt Boston.

Ray actually didn't play that bad against us. He really struggled with his shot against Cleveland and Detroit, and stepped it back up in the Finals.

Our goal should be to win a playoff series.

Our young players have to develop a lot more for us to be a legit championship contender.

Most of all we cannot win on the road enough to come close to having a chance to winning more than one playoff series.

We will get blown out on the road vs the Cavs in a playoff series

Edited by BusBoyIsBack