• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged x 2: Hawks vs Cavs

tonegully

Not much to say. This is a statement game. Time to show the NBA we can play with any team and we can play anywhere. This is one of them games where i hope our team doesnt have our usual slow start. I hope JJ comes to play and so does Smoove.

Winning in the Q is going to be a great task but i think as long as we put up a good game and we are in a position to win a the end of the game it would be considered a good showing.

Lets go Hawks

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it takes our backcourt 15 minutes to heat up, we lose. If not, we win. Mo Williams cannot be left alone to spot up. Box out, Josh! I think we will miss Marvin the most this game, as he is one of ther few defenders in the league who has frustrated LeBron multiple games somewhat with size and lateral movement. Using fouls wisely (and hard) will be key, becaue LeBron's and-1's will kill you if he's hitting at the stripe. I'm sure we can lockdown the fourth quarter. Let's go Hawks.

Edited by benhillboy

Good point. I would like to see Woody run Bibby and Law at Mo Williams. Keeping someone fresh. Plus Acie can make Mo work on the defensive end. I really hate Mo Williams.

HOW THE HELL THE CAVS ARE PLAYING YOUNG JEEZY FOR THEIR INTRO MUSIC..THATS AN ATL ARTIST!!! The nerve of these guys..I take that as an insult.

We lose today, which looks likely? our momentum could go down the tubes with LA, Boston and SA coming to town.

Well we're certainly setting ourselves up for a big loss today, seems just like the blowout here earlier this year.

I'm not worried about momentum though as we seem to really only give 100% at home since we seem to think that is the only place we can beat the good teams and once we're back home we'll be fine.

With efforts like this one, the previous blowout in Cleveland, the bad loss in Orlando, etc. I am dreading our road playoff games though.

Two quick thoughts:

1. I wish we could have traded for Mo Williams instead of Bibby. Nothing against Bibby but he's just not the player Mo is. I've been trading for Mo for about 4 years in my 2k/Live franchises and have felt he was severely underrated.

2. How nice is it for a loaded team like Cleveland to be able to pick up a guy like Joe Smith who could have helped a team like Atlanta out big time.

• Premium Member
The only statement that was made today is that we don't have a prayer in the 2nd round.

I disagree. One would have said the same last year if they saw any of our regular season games against Boston. Going in, everybody thought we would be happy to be there and get swept. Well, I think now we develop the thick skin. Now we realize that when we go to Cleveland, the refs will be against us. This was a taste of what is to come. However, knowing what's coming should make you better prepared to prevent it.

I disagree. One would have said the same last year if they saw any of our regular season games against Boston. Going in, everybody thought we would be happy to be there and get swept. Well, I think now we develop the thick skin. Now we realize that when we go to Cleveland, the refs will be against us. This was a taste of what is to come. However, knowing what's coming should make you better prepared to prevent it.

Did you see our road games in the playoffs last year? We didn't have a prayer then and we don't have a prayer now.

Edited by High5

At least we didn't get blown out (amazingly.)

With that said, we saw who came ready to play. I can understand it being tough for them to get up for the game since it was at 1...but then again, come on, it's against the best team in the East and arguably in the league. The fact that the start of the game was basically deja vu to the first time we came to Cleveland last year was just bad.

Oh well, I didn't have much faith in us winning this game...just thought we wouldn't wait until the 4th quarter and for Flip to basically hit Super Saiyan mode for us to make it a game.

At least we have Minnesota coming here on Monday....(before the Week of Death begins.)

Mr. Negativity has spoken.

You're a good fan ex. Keep up the good work.

Wow. Fail.

That wasn't exodus.

If you'll notice, you quoted High5, who has the same avatar as exodus except many fewer posts and uses capitalization. Just sayin'

:angel19:

• Premium Member
At least we didn't get blown out (amazingly.)

With that said, we saw who came ready to play. I can understand it being tough for them to get up for the game since it was at 1...but then again, come on, it's against the best team in the East and arguably in the league. The fact that the start of the game was basically deja vu to the first time we came to Cleveland last year was just bad.

Oh well, I didn't have much faith in us winning this game...just thought we wouldn't wait until the 4th quarter and for Flip to basically hit Super Saiyan mode for us to make it a game.

At least we have Minnesota coming here on Monday....(before the Week of Death begins.)

I think you need to take a step back and look at what really happened in this game.

For those of you who didn't see the game.

With ~7 minutes left on the clock in the first half...

Joe, Smoove, and Flip were on the bench with 3 fouls. For anybody who thinks that a ref whistle can't help manipulate the outcome of a game, you have failed to watch this game. Joe, Smoove, and Flip are our most dependable scorers. The refs basically opened up the inside for the Cavs to defend how they please without a whistle. How many times did Joe get slapped, hacked or Pushed inside with no call. How many times did Smoove get slapped, hacked our Pushed inside with no call. They shut down the inside with No calls and offensive fouls... and that really helped Cleveland build a huge lead.

Our mistakes were on the defense on their guards. Mo Williams had his way with us. Bibby can't defend a C cut. Hell, Bibby's defense was exposed.

It was a lot to overcome. Statwise, we didn't get blown out, but the blow out happened on the court. They just dominated the inside and they scored to match our scores. What really hurt us the most was technical fouls and our free throws. We gave up four technicals and we missed 8 free throws. That's 12 points. In a six point game, that makes a difference.

Wow. Fail.

That wasn't exodus.

If you'll notice, you quoted High5, who has the same avatar as exodus except many fewer posts and uses capitalization. Just sayin'

:angel19:

Same aviator.

My bad ex...

Edited by Diesel

Anyone? 39 seconds, down 6, is an incredibly winnable scenario. Kudos to Mario for forcing two turnovers, Flip for creating crazy offense, Othello Hunter for not being entirely worthless. From 13 to 6 in under a minute.

I mean, the Cleveland starters (sans James) went back in, so why not throw JJ and Horford back in and see if you can't pull a win out of the crap heap?