• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

TD will sit out tonight or tomorrow

jerrywest

Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express expects Duncan to sit out either Tuesday vs. GSW or Wednesday @ Atlanta, which would not be surprising after coach Gregg Popovich said he would sit Duncan in one game in each of the team's two remaining back-to-back sets.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/c ... can-1.html

Spurs play at 8:30 tonight against a fast break team (Warriors), and then fly to Atlanta sometime early morning to an empty airport. Tim might just skip the trip.

• Premium Member
I'll believe it when I see it.

The Spurs are in the middle of a race for the 2nd seed.

Yeah, I highly doubt they sit their MVP at this point in the season with possible Playoff positioning on the line. The Playoff seedings are pretty tight in the Western Conference so a losses/wins mean a lot more over there. They wouldn't just give up a game by playing without Manu and TD on our home court.

Yeah, I highly doubt they sit their MVP at this point in the season with possible Playoff positioning on the line. The Playoff seedings are pretty tight in the Western Conference so a losses/wins mean a lot more over there. They wouldn't just give up a game by playing without Manu and TD on our home court.

Pop is on record as saying he isn't going to play Duncan in back to back games because of his knees. If TD plays tonight he won't be playing tomorrow.

Well it looks like Ginobili may be returning tomorrow according to the ESPN status alert. IMO he gives the Hawks more trouble than Duncan. I remember a couple of years ago, when it seemed like Ginobili couldn't miss a shot, it didn't matter what he would throw up at the basket.

Edited by D.R.P.

ESPN said it was a tough game and they won by 1? And playing back to back on our court should give up an edge. Gotta play defense though and guards like they have give us fits. May need Mario?

If there is a game where the Hawks need to commit to getting out and running, its this one.

The Spurs are going to be dragging at some point in the game and the Hawks have to be ready to push the ball when they sense the Spurs' energy levels dropping.

Of course, to run, the Hawks have to force bad shots and rebound. Hopefully, Smith will keep his focus early on in the game and hit the boards. If the Hawks don't rebound the chances of winning this game really drop. Giving up offensive boards will allow the Spurs to dictate the pace of the game and it prevents the Hawks from running.

If there is a game where the Hawks need to commit to getting out and running, its this one.

The Spurs are going to be dragging at some point in the game and the Hawks have to be ready to push the ball when they sense the Spurs' energy levels dropping.

Of course, to run, the Hawks have to force bad shots and rebound. Hopefully, Smith will keep his focus early on in the game and hit the boards. If the Hawks don't rebound the chances of winning this game really drop. Giving up offensive boards will allow the Spurs to dictate the pace of the game and it prevents the Hawks from running.

Bibby can skip like a girl. Is that fast enough for you?

Smoove and Mo had 1 rebound each in the last game. Will that do?

TD only played 24 minutes in the close game against GS. He must be in a lot of pain.