• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Watching the game live, last night

HawkNJersey

Bibby, is slower than what he appears on TV. He looks like John Bagley on the court and his skipping, is extreme. I was directly under the basket, the hawks used in the second half...so I had an excellent view. What I notice more than anything...is, we spend entirely too much time making up for Bibby's defense or should I say "lack there of. He could not guard anyone on the court last night.

Joe, seemed very sluggish and uninspired. He showed no emotion . I notice he has a CLEAR size advantage of AI. It wasn't even close.

AL, seem to spend all night trying to make up for Bibby's defensive failures. He spent the entire night guarding the rim, from someone who escaped Bibby. He didn't shoot much...seemed frustrate, with the lack of touches. But his court awareness was very noticable. he did little things, like stand and listen to the Sixers bench..when they spoke to the players on the court

Mo, was Mo...I don't expect much from him.

Flip, was soo much quicker than anyone else on the court. And he translates his street ball skills well, to the NBA. He looked a lot shorter than 6'3. And Mario looked about the same height. Flip's dunk on Lou, was impressive.

Smoove, the crowd Boo'd him loudly during starting lineup intros. I mean loudly. But they quickly loved him before the night was over. They oh'd and awed the enitire night. They began to chant 85 mil...meaning they should have paid him 85 mil instead of Brand who was sitting very close by. They did boo him on the fast break, when he threw it in...instead of dunking. When Smoove dunked on Daly, that was right in front of me. And Royal Ivey was standing to my left and up cheering loudly for the Sixers. As soon as Smoove banged on him...he rushed to benched and turned his head away from the court embarrassed for Daly. Before the game, Smoove worked with MP on his shooting again...and looked good. I did notice...during half time, he spent the entire time stretching and never attempted any shots during warmups.

Lots of good stories from last night...and the Sixers fans are of course, hoping to get Atlanta in round 1.

Bibby, is slower than what he appears on TV. He looks like John Bagley on the court and his skipping, is extreme. I was directly under the basket, the hawks used in the second half...so I had an excellent view. What I notice more than anything...is, we spend entirely too much time making up for Bibby's defense or should I say "lack there of. He could not guard anyone on the court last night.

Joe, seemed very sluggish and uninspired. He showed no emotion . I notice he has a CLEAR size advantage of AI. It wasn't even close.

AL, seem to spend all night trying to make up for Bibby's defensive failures. He spent the entire night guarding the rim, from someone who escaped Bibby. He didn't shoot much...seemed frustrate, with the lack of touches. But his court awareness was very noticable. he did little things, like stand and listen to the Sixers bench..when they spoke to the players on the court

Flip, was soo much quicker than anyone else on the court. And he translates his street ball skills well, to the NBA. He looked a lot shorter than 6'3. And Mario looked about the same height. Flip's dunk on Lou, was impressive.

Smoove, the crowd Boo'd him loudly during starting lineup intros. I mean loudly. But they quickly loved him before the night was over. They oh'd and awed the enitire night. They began to chant 85 mil...meaning they should have paid him 85 mil instead of Brand who was sitting very close by. They did boo him on the fast break, when he threw it in...instead of dunking. When Smoove dunked on Daly, that was right in front of me. And Royal Ivey was standing to my left and up cheering loudly for the Sixers. As soon as Smoove banged on him...he rushed to benched and turned his head away from the court embarrassed for Daly. Before the game, Smoove worked with MP on his shooting again...and looked good. I did notice...during half time, he spent the entire time stretching and never attempted any shots during warmups.

Lots of good stories from last night...and the Sixers fans are of course, hoping to get Atlanta in round 1.

Why were they booing Smoove?

Why were they booing Smoove?

They fear him and wanted him to be a sixer in the worst way. I was in Philly last year when Hawks won. Smoove killed them and was comcast player of the game. Everyone there was in awe of him. Last night's performance even topped that game last year...he was focused (minus the turnovers) and got NASTY. It was nice to see him in the low post and actually receive an entry pass and go to the baby hook.

My seats were at halfcourt last night and I was SCREAMING when Smoove threw down on Daly...wish I woulda had your view HNJ. That was sick and I wanna see more of that tenacity. Howeva Flip on Lou Will was one of the most impressive dunks I've ever seen...I though he was gonna lay it in and try to draw a foul.

HNJ you're right on with Big Al. He picked up mostly cheap fouls. Granted some weren't really fouls but seemed like he was guarding his man AND Bibby's man. Hard to be aggressive when your in foul trouble all game. Loved the play when he blocked a lay-up on one end then ran the floor and caught an oop. He had no rebounding help. EVERYONE needs to help get D-boards.

I was begging for Flip in the 1st while freakin Willie Green/Dre were lighting it up and we couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. JJ was timid and kinda backed away from Iggy's solid D...never got anything going. Mo is a great athlete. His and-1 play was beastly. Too bad his shot was off too. Oh well it was fun and a close game at one point. Let's get Boston.

Nice story man, THANKS!

I was listening to the Philly Radio station WIP 610 am this morning and they were loving Flip and Smoove. I did hear them say all day that they want the Hawks in the 1st round too. They say because the Hawks play their game at going up and down the court.

I think we have a better chance at beating Mia. Why? Because MIA have players who like to take the jump shoot. They have a C and a rookie PF/SF that like to take jump shots instead of attacking the rim.

Philly on the other hand have Cs and PFs that loves to go to the rim attacking the Hawks biggest weakness. In-fact the whole Philly team loves to attack the rim. They are not a good jump shooting team. They will have a better chance at beating us.

But me being the guy I am.... I REALLY DON'T CARE WHO WE PLAY. I REALLY DO WANT THE BEST TEAM TO PLAY.

• Premium Member
What I notice more than anything...is, we spend entirely too much time making up for Bibby's defense or should I say "lack there of. He could not guard anyone on the court last night.

This is what I've been noticing of late also. I was happy to see Bibby's benefit to offense, but I have noticed that our defense runs best when we're making up for Bibby. If Bibby's man is inactive, we might win. If his man is active, then we will spend 4 guys trying to cover him with these darn switches.

That's why I would rather just go after another PG who can score and play defense.

That means:

Not Steve Nash.

Not any of the other old guys coming out.

I did have one thought.

Wouldn't it be great if we could find a winning trade for Chauncey Billups?

At 33, Billups is everything we need.

Another name that crossed my mind is Iverson.

I know it's been hinted before that we had interest in Iverson. He was younger and still not over the hill yet. Well, he fits the profile better than Bibby. He's a better defensive guard and he can score.

What about the young guys? Well, aside from Rondo (who's not going anywhere).. who else is there?

Plastic, you wouldn't happen to be the guy with the Nique jersey on, last night..would ya?

I'm thinking about buying sixers playoff tickets, just in case they face the Hawks....what about you?

Yeah u saw me? That is crazy. I wasn't gonna go but I scored some good seats for cheap on ebay last week. Glad I went.

I'd love to get to a playoff game but I'll be on vacation that week so it's not likely.

Outstanding insight hnj, it's refreshing to see some philly area hawk fans and somewhat odd too.

1. That dunk on daly was sick on tv but had to have been insane in person.

2. Didn't know they could offer smith 85 million, thought that was only reserved for a second max contract player.

3. Ever since the first n.o. game, bibby has always been "freelancing" on an area of the court. I noticed he hardly ever plays man to man against his counterpart. Like I said earlier I think this problem will only get considerably worse in the future.

4. The Philly fans as a whole are semi psychopathic. They remember every little detail.

5. Most nba players are considerably shorter than their listed height. I said I saw JT back around 2000 and he was probably 6'1" max. I'm like 6 foot in shoes and I could basically see the top of his head...

Yeah u saw me? That is crazy. I wasn't gonna go but I scored some good seats for cheap on ebay last week. Glad I went.

I'd love to get to a playoff game but I'll be on vacation that week so it's not likely.

Don't know if you noticed, but they Boo'd you when they showed you on the jumbotron. That's how I knew I wasn't the only one there in a Hawks jersey, besides my son. Next year let me know...we can hook up before the game or if you make it to a playoff game.

Outstanding insight hnj, it's refreshing to see some philly area hawk fans and somewhat odd too.

1. That dunk on daly was sick on tv but had to have been insane in person.

2. Didn't know they could offer smith 85 million, thought that was only reserved for a second max contract player.

3. Ever since the first n.o. game, bibby has always been "freelancing" on an area of the court. I noticed he hardly ever plays man to man against his counterpart. Like I said earlier I think this problem will only get considerably worse in the future.

4. The Philly fans as a whole are semi psychopathic. They remember every little detail.

5. Most nba players are considerably shorter than their listed height. I said I saw JT back around 2000 and he was probably 6'1" max. I'm like 6 foot in shoes and I could basically see the top of his head...

I'm assuming the 85mil was to make fun of Brand...he was sitting 20 ft away.

But yes, Bibby is not even attempting to guard his man. Maybe he is. But I saw him looking at screens and not even trying to fight around them, which of course..forces the other player to switch, cause he's so far behind. I was like "damn" we must run a "man, then Bibby" defense.

This is what I've been noticing of late also. I was happy to see Bibby's benefit to offense, but I have noticed that our defense runs best when we're making up for Bibby. If Bibby's man is inactive, we might win. If his man is active, then we will spend 4 guys trying to cover him with these darn switches.

That's why I would rather just go after another PG who can score and play defense.

That means:

Not Steve Nash.

Not any of the other old guys coming out.

I did have one thought.

Wouldn't it be great if we could find a winning trade for Chauncey Billups?

At 33, Billups is everything we need.

Another name that crossed my mind is Iverson.

I know it's been hinted before that we had interest in Iverson. He was younger and still not over the hill yet. Well, he fits the profile better than Bibby. He's a better defensive guard and he can score.

What about the young guys? Well, aside from Rondo (who's not going anywhere).. who else is there?

I like the Iverson thought. I also like your Shaq thought. I wonder will they take less with the idea of a ring "next" year.

I have an eye on Ramon Sessions too.

Don't know if you noticed, but they Boo'd you when they showed you on the jumbotron. That's how I knew I wasn't the only one there in a Hawks jersey, besides my son. Next year let me know...we can hook up before the game or if you make it to a playoff game.

Haha no I completely missed that but I am not surprised. Something like that happens every time.

Sounds good I will keep that in mind.

• Premium Member

That's quite an honor.

• Moderators
I like the Iverson thought. I also like your Shaq thought. I wonder will they take less with the idea of a ring "next" year.

I have an eye on Ramon Sessions too.

Per my thoughts on the other Iverson thread, I think he would be a disaster.

He scores less efficiently than 9 current Hawks and is a subpar defender, albeit better than Bibby. He is a bit like owning Shaq in a fantasy league. He puts up some good numbers but is so flawed that you can't win anything of substance with him because where he is bad drags down the entire team.

Per my thoughts on the other Iverson thread, I think he would be a disaster.

He scores less efficiently than 9 current Hawks and is a subpar defender, albeit better than Bibby. He is a bit like owning Shaq in a fantasy league. He puts up some good numbers but is so flawed that you can't win anything of substance with him because where he is bad drags down the entire team.

Agreed, Iverson would be a horrible mistake.

The guy that would have worked best was Hinrich, but there is no way we are getting him at this point in time.

If Stephen Curry enters the draft, he may be the best solution to the point problem (considering who may be available at our pick).

Agreed, Iverson would be a horrible mistake.

The guy that would have worked best was Hinrich, but there is no way we are getting him at this point in time.

If Stephen Curry enters the draft, he may be the best solution to the point problem (considering who may be available at our pick).

I like Curry. Reminds me of Tony Parker with a better jump shot.