• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Bibby's future depends on his playoff success.

mrhonline

• Premium Member
I don't know. Honestly, I might not watch another playoff game. I've seen almost all of them, but the Hawks play have wrecked this year's playoffs now. It's tough watching other teams (Detroit aside) battle and then watch the Hawks get their brains beat.

it's hurts seeing the Bulls, Celtic, Heat and every other team play with so much pride then watching my team play like schoolgirls.

• Premium Member

Quote of the day:

"Your best players have to play their best when it counts most."

-From the mouth of Mark Jackson

Could someone please email this to Joe, Bibby and Josh.

His playoff stats have been declining since 2003-4. If he puts up something similar to the sub-.400 eFG% again, he DOES NOT need to be re-signed.

Any co-signers?

Resign him if he's the best option, but not at a high price tag. I'd rather take a step back with another project point guard than hamstring our future signing ability with an aging overpaid Bibby. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the guys sucks but he's not going to help us get to a championship. The sun is setting on his career and we've seen what he brings to the table and it ain't enough to make me want him back that bad. I do give him kudos for helping to bring us out of the depths of suckiness though.

His playoff stats have been declining since 2003-4. If he puts up something similar to the sub-.400 eFG% again, he DOES NOT need to be re-signed.

Any co-signers?

Yeah, I'll co-sign. I was gonna say that his future depends on his second round playoff success, but if we lose to the Heat and fire Woody, then I would be okay signing him to something cheap for two more years....

Yeah, I'll co-sign. I was gonna say that his future depends on his second round playoff success, but if we lose to the Heat and fire Woody, then I would be okay signing him to something cheap for two more years....

Unless Acie Law has a miraculous surge buy next year Bibby would be a keeper. The good news is that there are some game changing point guards in the draft. The bad news is I don't think the Hawks are high enough in the draft to get the real game changers. Rubio, Johnny Flynn and Ty Lawson. I say keep Bibby, Flip and Law and get a shot blocking rebounding seven footer.

I have to agree with Diesel. Bibby's defensive shortcomings are too great for him to be worth resigning.

Since the hawks don't have a big time star like Kobe or Lebron they will need to be a top defensive team to be a legit contender. That will never happen with Bibby at the point.

I think we would all like a better defensive player at point then Bibby, but I am not sure there are many options available to the team this off-season. Law has not demonstrated that he can be relied upon - both because of his play and injury history.

Wasn't the pick the Celtics ultimately used to select Rajon Rondo part of the compensation the Hawks gave to the Suns for JJ?