• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Weak Link

Swatguy

I suspect some guys are simply underachieving.

I believe the most significant underachiever is Joe.

I really do not buy that "he's tired" cop out. I believe he may have physical challenges that are not made public or just not comfortable with his game. I cite the lack of intensity (never does he dive for a ball), lazy passes and dribbles turning into turnovers.

He just doesn't seem like the guy of '06-'08.

Are some underachieving or is this last week simply a correction?

I suspect some guys are simply underachieving.

I believe the most significant underachiever is Joe.

I really do not buy that "he's tired" cop out. I believe he may have physical challenges that are not made public or just not comfortable with his game. I cite the lack of intensity (never does he dive for a ball), lazy passes and dribbles turning into turnovers.

He just doesn't seem like the guy of '06-'08.

Are some underachieving or is this last week simply a correction?

Weak Link is easy.......Woodson.

As far as Joe's being "tired" a copout? I guess the fact that he's leading the league in minutes doesn't mean anything? Plus the fact, the he is usually guarding the opposition's superstar. It wears you out.

Weak Link is easy.......Woodson.

As far as Joe's being "tired" a copout? I guess the fact that he's leading the league in minutes doesn't mean anything? Plus the fact, the he is usually guarding the opposition's superstar. It wears you out.

I agree with the weak link assessment, but the tired cop out I disagree with. AI led the league for a number of seasons and he has been in almost twice as long as Joe and still complains when he only plays 30 mins :lol6: and the fact that he has to guard the opponents best players, well they have to guard him also...

I agree with the weak link assessment, but the tired cop out I disagree with. AI led the league for a number of seasons and he has been in almost twice as long as Joe and still complains when he only plays 30 mins :lol6: and the fact that he has to guard the opponents best players, well they have to guard him also...

Yeah but they have completley different builds and games. Joes frame is built more for short term strength than long term endurance. Not to mention a guy only averaging 21 points a game shouldn't be leading the NBA in minutes played. At least Iverson was averaging near 30 during that time. It just doesn't make any sense for Joe to have to play that many minutes.

There is no "weak link" although Woody is bad at his job. This is a team without a superstar and it subsequently isn't elite. Joe isn't a "weak link" because he's not a superstar... if you want to be a true contender, your best player should be a superstar, but the fact that he's not one isn't his fault.

Yeah but they have completley different builds and games. Joes frame is built more for short term strength than long term endurance. Not to mention a guy only averaging 21 points a game shouldn't be leading the NBA in minutes played. At least Iverson was averaging near 30 during that time. It just doesn't make any sense for Joe to have to play that many minutes.

This is a very on target post. Scorers need fresh legs and are designed to take over in the fourth. They score in bunches and bursts. Very right on.