• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Bibby with only 16pts

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

But I must say that was probably his best game as a Hawk. He finished with 10 assist and was being a major floor general. This is the Bibby the Hawks need.

Which brings me here. Monday I heard Rick Sund say, on 790 then Zone, that he thinks the Hawks are better off with Bibby as a scorer instead of a play-maker. I have to disagree strongly. In fact the Hawks are 20-10 when Bibby has 6 or more assist. So either Sund was playing radio or has no clue of what this team needs to be successful long term. We'll see.

• Premium Member
Excellent game. . . .did he play any defense though? Game wasn't televised down here. . .

enough to win by eight points

But I must say that was probably his best game as a Hawk. He finished with 10 assist and was being a major floor general. This is the Bibby the Hawks need.

Which brings me here. Monday I heard Rick Sund say, on 790 then Zone, that he thinks the Hawks are better off with Bibby as a scorer instead of a play-maker. I have to disagree strongly. In fact the Hawks are 20-10 when Bibby has 6 or more assist. So either Sund was playing radio or has no clue of what this team needs to be successful long term. We'll see.

Sund isn't going to say anything that tips his hand in one way or another. He's a pretty seasoned guy when it comes to speaking to the public.

I agree that the Hawks need a playmaker at PG rather than a spot up shooter. However, playmakers aren't that easy to find and Bibby is the best the Hawks have had at PG since Mookie left. Man I miss Mookie...dude could play the point. I still remember him giving Jordan all Jordan could handle in the playoffs.

• Premium Member
Only because we scored 118 though. You think giving up 100+ will work in the playoffs?

I agree there. The defense will have to limit teams to ~ 90 pts if they plan to do anything. I have to admit that I really didn't pay attention to his defense due to his extremely productive job on offense.

Bibby really mixed it up last night. He was grabbing rebounds and absolutely attacking the Raptors' big men. He got a couple nice steals and he rebounded well. It was really a great effort, although it is very tough to find anything wrong when you have seven players fill the box score.

My one (very minor) gripe: Josh should give up the ball and NOT run the break. He is too indecisive. Conversely, I LOVE Horf running it. He knows what to do with the ball. It's odd.

• Premium Member
Bibby really mixed it up last night. He was grabbing rebounds and absolutely attacking the Raptors' big men. He got a couple nice steals and he rebounded well. It was really a great effort, although it is very tough to find anything wrong when you have seven players fill the box score.

My one (very minor) gripe: Josh should give up the ball and NOT run the break. He is too indecisive. Conversely, I LOVE Horf running it. He knows what to do with the ball. It's odd.

Horf is one of the best "big guys" I've seen on the break. Dude is an excellent ball handler.

Horf is one of the best "big guys" I've seen on the break. Dude is an excellent ball handler.

He knows to get to the middle and pass by the time he is around the foul line. You learn that in 5th grade. That's some fundamentals right there.

You'd think Josh would rather pass and get to the wing for a dunk. I can't ever figure out his motive.

• Premium Member

Dude is a damn good PG when he wants to be. If he can continue playing at this level this team will have no problem getting out the 1st round.

Josh is such an amazing athlete and so explosive of a player, but I love Horf. He is destined for greatness.

• Premium Member
And how many personalities do you have? I have at least 4.

when he sucks I call him out and when he performs I give him a pat. I've never been one of those kiss *ss fans. I don't care who it is. I'll give the same treatment to JJ if he doesn't show up big.