• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The TNT Crew Had All Negative for Hawks/Fantastic!

Highpozt2

Kenny Smith had nothing but negatives about the Hawks and Charles Barkley jumped on the wagon. Really jumping on Josh Smith. Stating the Hawks rely on isolation instead of moving the ball. Chris Webbers comments were only about Josh Smiths poor jump shooting. TNT halftime report was all negative. Go Hawks!!! By the way Josh is killing the Heat. Hawks are up by 20+. Thus far all this criticism is great for the Hawks.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny Smith had nothing but negatives about the Hawks and Charles Barkley jumped on the wagon. Really jumping on Josh Smith. Stating the Hawks rely on isolation instead of moving the ball. Chris Webbers comments were only about Josh Smiths poor jump shooting. TNT halftime report was all negative. Go Hawks!!! By the way Josh is killing the Heat. Hawks are up by 20+. Thus far all this criticism is great for the Hawks.

SO TRUE GO HAWKS DWADE WAS FRUSTRATED ALL NIGHT!!!!

I have been wanting to watch the Hawks on TNT for so long now and when we finally get on there they're hatin'. You guys have been in our city all this time, at least show us a little love. Especially when we're winning a playoff game by 20.

Man I missed the halftime show and them talking about it. Thanks for the update.

I told yall they like to hate on Josh Smith's shooting.

Hopefully they will put it up on youtube or something....

Hope you get to see it --- I looked at it twice thinking, I must of missed the positive comments. There was one Kenny said all five starters can score the ball --- but that was it. Maybe they will "give us some" on Inside the NBA after the Hornets and Nuggets, but I doubt it.

Edited by Highpozt2

Well they certainly weren't praising us but let's be honest they were just stating the truth. Charles said Josh should be shooting a few hundred shots a day if he wants to be a shooter and they said that if he could learn to shoot he'd be the best in the game. It's also true that we only (mostly) run iso plays on offense.

Add Kenny Smith to people I hate. What a moron. "Both teams have deficiencies." True, all teams have deficiencies, but tonight the Hawks played a near flawless game in the first half and that statement was so far off I was in disbelief. At least we have Ernie on our side, I know he's a Hawks fan.

Well they certainly weren't praising us but let's be honest they were just stating the truth. Charles said Josh should be shooting a few hundred shots a day if he wants to be a shooter and they said that if he could learn to shoot he'd be the best in the game. It's also true that we only (mostly) run iso plays on offense.

Kenny is a bitter and whiny. Did he want the Hawks job or something ....damn.

It is like they expected us to be down by 20 and went on to tell everybody why we suck.

It is not that I did not expect some criticism --- but the way the Hawks were playing tonight there had to be one positive comment ---- maybe for the hawks holding the Heat to 64 points --- maybe for Josh Smith scoring ---- maybe for Bibby's assist ---- maybe for balanced scoring - maybe for the big lead etc. etc. etc. ----- and this was all well established by halftime.

It is not that I did not expect some criticism --- but the way the Hawks were playing tonight there had to be one positive comment ---- maybe for the hawks holding the Heat to 64 points --- maybe for Josh Smith scoring ---- maybe for Bibby's assist ---- maybe for balanced scoring - maybe for the big lead etc. etc. etc. ----- and this was all well established by halftime.

Perhaps but I don't remember them gushing over either the Sixers or Magic at halftime of their game either. If this game had been on ABC or ESPN I'm sure we would have gotten props for our play though.

Kenny is a bitter and whiny. Did he want the Hawks job or something ....damn.

It is like they expected us to be down by 20 and went on to tell everybody why we suck.

Charles is always critical but Webber and Kenny seem to be following the lead --- Kenny used to put a pretty good spin on things --- and he would always challenge Barkley's negative nonsense.

Hawks were very good tonight

Perhaps but I don't remember them gushing over either the Sixers or Magic at halftime of their game either. If this game had been on ABC or ESPN I'm sure we would have gotten props for our play though.

Yeah they pretty much buried the Magic at the half, even with them leading the game . . .

Oh well, I'd rather get the win than the props!

I bet we get some highlights/analysis at halftime of this Nuggets game. If it was as bad as y'all say, maybe clearer heads prevailed and they got the memo that "Hey, the town where we film just won by 26. Maybe weshould give them a few props." I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see their tone change - I know at least Charles and Ernie are pretty decent to us at times.

If last year was our introduction to the world, this season is where people start to take us seriously!

barkley makes funny commercials, but tonight he just seemed like a fat, dumb b@st@rd. seriously, is it just me or was he drunk tonight? hope he had a dd or a taxi or something. he was trying to talk about the hawks while they were showing 76 footy, either that or he called the sixers the hawks. either way, he was slurring, slow talking, and droopy eyed. i'm surprised he didn't bust out with some "i love you, man"'s to kenny and the boys. they had to pull out some nasty men in leotards footage just to shut him up.

So you guys are saying that we dont run mostly iso?

All you see in the chats is people complaining about Iso Joe. Now that someone in the national media brings it up you get all bent out of shape.

Exactly. If anything, the TNT guys were saying what I expected most of Hawksquawk to say: They spend too much time playing one-on-one when they should get the ball to everybody on the floor, since everybody on the floor can do something with it. Did they nail that or did they nail that?

It might have been negative, but I'll be damned if it wasn't true. But the one thing that I feel that they neglected to mention was the defense, which was outstanding. I'm guessing that they'll talk about that on Inside the NBA or whatever the post game show is. But the analysis was mostly accurate.

We know we run Iso all dam day but the point is how can you point out one on one basketball when we are up 20. Obviously what we were doing was working. How can you knock what we were doing to be up 20. They made no sense when talking about us.

Talking about Smoove jumpers. Why did they even bring it up. We were 20 and Smoove had 17 at the half.

who cares what those idiots say anyway. charles was probably drunk and kenny was probably still in amazement of the crap analysis that he gave during march madness. WE ALL SAW WHAT HAPPENED Down at Phillips tonight and thats all that matters. I DONT CARE WHAT WE RAN ALL NIGHT, KEEP RUNNING IT, WE BEAT DWADE AND THE HEAT BY 26 TONIGHT AND HELD THEM TO 64 POINTS, WE STRAIGHT UP DOMINATED. CONGRATULATIONS TO WOODY AND EVERYONE ON THE TEAM.