• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Superstitions?

RonMexico

Do any of you guys have any superstitions or rituals when you watch the Hawks? I don't really have anything but I get really superstitious with jinxing players and foul shots. For instance i'll never say if Josh is doing well from the free throw line. I did during game 1 on accident and right after he missed his first free throw (5/6?) haha. Do you guys do anything interesting?

also, do any of the players have any superstitions you know of?

I really don't have any. I'm just a "C'est la vie" type of guy.

But I do know this: Bob Rathbun needs to stop complimenting people for their FT shooting as they shoot, because more often than not the guy misses. Just shut up, guy. :P

Edited by LOL_Hawks

I have to sit on the floor, 2 feet away from the TV at all times. I only get up to get drinks during timeouts, and I lay down on my back and watch whenever the Hawks are losing.

I eat something after every quarter, and only pee at halftime.

Weird, i know.

Do any of you guys have any superstitions or rituals when you watch the Hawks? I don't really have anything but I get really superstitious with jinxing players and foul shots. For instance i'll never say if Josh is doing well from the free throw line. I did during game 1 on accident and right after he missed his first free throw (5/6?) haha. Do you guys do anything interesting?

also, do any of the players have any superstitions you know of?

well i dont thin kit counts as superstition but i do have a routine...i stop and get two or three odd beers that i haven't tried before and drink those in my special beer glass, smoke a couple bowls and munch while watching the game.

i usually have it dvr'd a few minutes behind (from not being ready for the start or pausing to make food, get a beer, go to bathroom) and by the beginning of 4th quarter i catch up...but the nice thing is going through the commercials.

I have to sit on the floor, 2 feet away from the TV at all times. I only get up to get drinks during timeouts, and I lay down on my back and watch whenever the Hawks are losing.

I eat something after every quarter, and only pee at halftime.

Weird, i know.

Might be time for a checkup from the neck up.

I am growing a beard. silly i know but not shavey until the season is over GO HAWKS!!! BEAT THE HEAT!!

I'm not shaving my mustache until the Hawks make it to the EC finals.

Even if it takes a couple years. I am 18, and have a full mustache, a bit weird, huh?

Edited by Colin

I don't know about you but I have a few rituals....

1. If I'm watching a big Hawks/Falcons/Braves/Tennessee game and can't go to the game, I watch it from my big screen at home. No sports bars, no neighbor's basement, NOWHERE ELSE. I made the costly error of being talked into going over a friend's house by my wife and the second we all got in the lemon, err, Malibu, I knew the Falcons were finished. The only problem was that it was the 2004 NFC TITLE GAME. I knew I should've stayed home, watched the game, then went over to celebrate the big victory, especially after some random chick made the comment of there 'always being next year for them to come back and win it' (yep, my friend and I shared a look and I immediately packed up the clan and headed home to avoid what would've been a nasty, profanity-laced tirade to follow; I was told that he did the job for me after we left). Ever since that day, my wife has never even dared so much to ask again.

2. If you want a teacher to help you out, enroll at Georgia State or Emory. I also have zero patience for explaining to somebody why a free throw is worth one point and a dunk is only worth two. I can show you the intricancies of the zone blitz if the Steelers and Ravens are getting it one but if the Hawks or Vols are locked in a dogfight, don't bother.

3. I don't eat a darn thing during the game if one of my teams are involved. Don't bother with the nacho dip if the Falcons make the Super Bowl. My nerves would have my stomach return it to sender (in another form, mind you).

4. Always change channels during commercials. I started this habit in 1998, only to see the Vols win the national title and the Falcons make the Super Bowl. The routine is mandatory in my house.

5. All honey-do/fatherly duties are suspended during a game. Short of someone being in mortal danger or the house catching fire, forget about me cooking, mowing the lawn, or taking out the garbage. Don't expect me to to put water in a pot to boil on a stove unless its a blowout (and I'm still watching) or until the game is over. My wife once asked me to do this while the Falcons were bending over the Panthers last year and it got done....two hours later.

Edited by Dejay

I don't know about you but I have a few rituals....

1. If I'm watching a big Hawks/Falcons/Braves/Tennessee game and can't go to the game, I watch it from my big screen at home. No sports bars, no neighbor's basement, NOWHERE ELSE. I made the costly error of being talked into going over a friend's house by my wife and the second we all got in the lemon, err, Malibu, I knew the Falcons were finished. The only problem was that it was the 2004 NFC TITLE GAME. I knew I should've stayed home, watched the game, then went over to celebrate the big victory, especially after some random chick made the comment of there 'always being next year for them to come back and win it' (yep, my friend and I shared a look and I immediately packed up the clan and headed home to avoid what would've been a nasty, profanity-laced tirade to follow; I was told that he did the job for me after we left). Ever since that day, my wife has never even dared so much to ask again.

2. If you want a teacher to help you out, enroll at Georgia State or Emory. I also have zero patience for explaining to somebody why a free throw is worth one point and a dunk is only worth two. I can show you the intricancies of the zone blitz if the Steelers and Ravens are getting it one but if the Hawks or Vols are locked in a dogfight, don't bother.

3. I don't eat a darn thing during the game if one of my teams are involved. Don't bother with the nacho dip if the Falcons make the Super Bowl. My nerves would have my stomach return it to sender (in another form, mind you).

4. Always change channels during commercials. I started this habit in 1998, only to see the Vols win the national title and the Falcons make the Super Bowl. The routine is mandatory in my house.

5. All honey-do/fatherly duties are suspended during a game. Short of someone being in mortal danger or the house catching fire, forget about me cooking, mowing the lawn, or taking out the garbage. Don't expect me to to put water in a pot to boil on a stove unless its a blowout (and I'm still watching) or until the game is over. My wife once asked me to do this while the Falcons were bending over the Panthers last year and it got done....two hours later.

:lol6:

I always wear team jerseys when I'm watching big games. It doesn't work every time, but it did pretty well for me through Florida's two national championship runs.

I just got a Joe Johnson jersey Saturday and wore it to the game Sunday. So far, so good.

post-1123-1240415779_thumb.jpg

I'm not shaving my mustache until the Hawks make it to the EC finals.

Even if it takes a couple years. I am 18, and have a full mustache, a bit weird, huh?

Oh boy, risky! I like the enthusiasm...but, unfortunately, I also hope you look long facial hair on your lip! LeBron may have something to say about your stach!!

• Moderators

Whenever Nique says 'this one is going down to the wire' or 'the hawks pretty much have this wrapped up' or my favorite with 2 minutes left and a 7 point hawks lead 'i think its basically over' I have to knock on wood or say a prayer or a profanity to stop the jinx that he is determined to put on the franchise he built.

Also if i'm watching on dvr i have to skip the free throws.

Is anyone else annoyed to no end that they have to touch hands with all 4 guys between every free throw. i know this is tradition but its friggin annoying. just stand there and shoot. you'll have a better chance at hitting the second one if you don't move anyway.

And i vowed when i was just a kid not to shave my armpits until the hawks were nba champs.

Whenever Nique says 'this one is going down to the wire' or 'the hawks pretty much have this wrapped up' or my favorite with 2 minutes left and a 7 point hawks lead 'i think its basically over' I have to knock on wood or say a prayer or a profanity to stop the jinx that he is determined to put on the franchise he built.

Also if i'm watching on dvr i have to skip the free throws.

Is anyone else annoyed to no end that they have to touch hands with all 4 guys between every free throw. i know this is tradition but its friggin annoying. just stand there and shoot. you'll have a better chance at hitting the second one if you don't move anyway.

And i vowed when i was just a kid not to shave my armpits until the hawks were nba champs.

Hey, it's better than this:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

• Moderators
Hey, it's better than this:

I love that video for so many reasons. I never really like Bogut so i think its funny his teammates dissin' him, but his reaction is hilirious. Really a good one on his part. But this is the nba. do we really need high fives after every made and missed free throw? Marvin will walk to center court to find a guy.