• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Resist the temptation to overanalyze this loss.

mrhonline

Tipical Hawks in game one and in game two.

When we're good, we're verry, very good

and when we're bad, we're horrid.

When we're hot, we're hot.

When we're not, forget it.

Hawks CAN AND MUST win on the road.

Hawks aren't as good as they showed in game one and they're not as bad as they

showed tonight.

Still, whatever the score, series is tied 1-1.

:sad:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team gets on my nerves, but I can't STAND JOE anymore. I'm even going to trade Joe on my video game even if it hurts my cap and shyt. I don't want any part of him anytime or anywhere. I hate that guy with a flat out passion. He is just a flat out coward of a player. Missing shots is bad enough. But they dude can't hit free throws. FREE THROWS. It's not like he had a really good game one either. He's barely played in like the last 1 or 2. But he still plays like this?

You are seriously overracting, it's one game this isn't March Madness. We need to win the series, forget how we do it, it's just doing it. Boston won in seven in the 1st round and then won the championship. Chill my man.

The Heat simply hit a TON of perimeter shots. There are few teams in the NBA who can beat the Heat when they can't miss from three like this, particularly if Wade is hot from outside.

The final death blows were the outside jumpers that Haslem hit. Those were back-breakers.

Such is the NBA, though. Gonna have to win one on the road.

I won't over-analyze this game, it is a seven game series. There is one thing that was apparent tonight vs Sunday night and that was intensity and energy --- the Hawks on Sunday night had enormous intensity and confidence to start the game --- tonight it was totally absent at the start --- I hope they can find the intensity on the road.

• Premium Member
Hawks CAN AND MUST win on the road.

You're right, but none of us should've expected the Hawks to win all four home games.

How this team plays in Miami will go a long way to determining the future of Woodson, Bibby, and Murray.

You can blame the team defense. But JJ's performance is just jaw dropping.

He was bad but D Wade wasn't too good in Game 1. Things change from game to game, it's all about adjustments.

You are seriously overracting, it's one game this isn't March Madness. We need to win the series, forget how we do it, it's just doing it. Boston won in seven in the 1st round and then won the championship. Chill my man.

They shouldn't loseone game to Miami. Overall, by NBA standards, that is a fairly untalented team they have. They got an Equipment manager for a head coach.

You're right, but none of us should've expected the Hawks to win all four home games.

How this team plays in Miami will go a long way to determining the future of Woodson, Bibby, and Murray.

Agreed. But if there's one team in the league that we can beat on the road, it's Miami. They can definitely get a win in Miami, and now they have to do it if they're gonna win this series.

If we get a W in Miami, I will feel good about our chances. If we get 2 (it doesn't matter...3, 4, or 6), the series is ours.

Edited by LOL_Hawks

They shouldn't loseone game to Miami. Overall, by NBA standards, that is a fairly untalented team they have. They got an Equipment manager for a head coach.

Their coach is pretty smart and vastly knows the game, he's just inexperience. He has excellent coaching potential. Miami isn't talented but they played great tonight, from Wade to Cook. A lot went well for the Heat tonight.

Joe wasn't very good in game 1 either. 15 points was it? I'm waiting for some good performances. He can't win games by himself. But man. Just the sight of him.

Joe had a pretty good Game 1, his defense on Wade was top notch and his playmaking was really good. He didn't have to score to have an impact in that game.

Despite how bad we played and how good they played, we still had a chance in the 4th quarter. We had three straight stops, then we have Joe jack up a 3 with two players on him. Flip get blocked going for a layup by Jermaine O'neal which looked like a replay of an earlier play and Josh throwing a pass waaay over Joe's head on a fast break. Followed by two Haslem jumpers. That killed us. We are the better team.

Damn, I'm fustrated as hell we don't always show how good we are.

Im not a hawks fan, as some of you know, but I watched the game. While there were some bad plays on the Hawks part, fact is that it is very hard to win when the other team is so hot from the field.

I mean, there was one possession when the hawks played perfect defense and Wade threw a hail mary of a shot to avoid a 24 sec. violation and it went in... those sorts of plays completely demoralize teams... especially when they come as the team is starting to fight it's way back into the game.

I doubt the heat will be able to keep shooting like that, just as I doubt the bulls will continue to continue shooting like they have. And if they do, props to them, nothing much you can do.

Part of what makes the game so exciting.

• Moderators

My one rant is on free throws.

Smoove spent his time fussing with the refs on every one of his offensive possessions, including ones where he scored. Arms flailing everywhere while the game is going on up the floor.

We get it, Josh. Maybe you were hacked. But what are you and your 58% self gonna do about it if the zebras did blow the whistle every time? Stifle, Josh... and get back on D.

A team that misses 11 free throws in a home playoff game shouldn't win.

Spirit the Hawk was last spotted flying over Magic City for the postgame after-party.

There is nothing anyone could do about this loss. We shot more free throws, had more offensive rebounds, but in the end, it comes down to who made more shots.

YOU CANNOT BLAME THE HAWKS FOR THE AMOUNT OF SHOTS THE HEAT MADE TONIGHT. YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU DO.

If Wade is gonna make a 30 foot fadeaway three, there is nothing you can do. If he makes pull up threes with a hand up, there is nothing you can do. If JAMARIO MOON makes a three, there is nothing you can do. If UDONIS HASLEM makes TWO CONTESTED JUMP SHOTS in the last 3 minutes, there is nothing you can do.

Get 'em in game 3.

Im not a hawks fan, as some of you know, but I watched the game. While there were some bad plays on the Hawks part, fact is that it is very hard to win when the other team is so hot from the field.

I mean, there was one possession when the hawks played perfect defense and Wade threw a hail mary of a shot to avoid a 24 sec. violation and it went in... those sorts of plays completely demoralize teams... especially when they come as the team is starting to fight it's way back into the game.

I doubt the heat will be able to keep shooting like that, just as I doubt the bulls will continue to continue shooting like they have. And if they do, props to them, nothing much you can do.

Part of what makes the game so exciting.

My feelings exactly. The Heat were just EXTREMELY hot (bad pun, I know.) tonight, and they needed to be hot because they would've lost if they were a little less hot.

That's why I'm not TOO disappointed with this loss. It's a bad loss, but it's not the end of the world.

Miami shot lights out on 3s and Wade was unstoppable. They would have beaten anybody tonite. We didnt play a bad game. Even if we hit our free throws at 80% we still would have lost. We made 2 or 3 charges, but Miami answered each one.

If we truly are the better team, we should be able to win 1 in Miami and get back to Phillips tied at 2-2.