• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged x 3: Next year...New coach ..new start...

PatheticATLfan

Woody will be gone after we lose this series. Who do you guys want as the next coach?? Also...who should we keep on this current roster. I think an effort has to be made to move some of these forwards that we have. Get a legitimate big man. Start there and build your team around that. We have never really had a legitimate big man in Atlanta. If Joe would accept a role that doesn't feature him as the go to man. He could stay. I mean lets face it. Jos is not really a superstar. He can score. He dissapears in big games or when teams really focus on shutting him down. If we felt Acie Law and Josh Smith are really worth keeping then keep them but Josh would have to accept a role as Garbage scorer rebounder and shot blocker. If he couldn't do that, asta la vista. Marvin, Bibby, Mo, Flip, Horford should all be traded for draft picks. This team needs re-tooled with a whole new look. Decide if you want to push the basketball or play the half court game. Establish some sort of identity. wheter it be physical tough or even bad -boy. Right now we are soft, cluless and shell shocked.

Here's to hoping we can be a GREAT basketball team again one day.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

We haven't lost this series yet. Having said that, it's time for a new direction. We have the talent, but our X's and O's flat out suck. Our offense has been a problem for far too long and I've seen quite enough of it. This team is too good for this crap. :computer8:

Woody will be gone after we lose this series. Who do you guys want as the next coach?? Also...who should we keep on this current roster. I think an effort has to be made to move some of these forwards that we have. Get a legitimate big man. Start there and build your team around that. We have never really had a legitimate big man in Atlanta. If Joe would accept a role that doesn't feature him as the go to man. He could stay. I mean lets face it. Jos is not really a superstar. He can score. He dissapears in big games or when teams really focus on shutting him down. If we felt Acie Law and Josh Smith are really worth keeping then keep them but Josh would have to accept a role as Garbage scorer rebounder and shot blocker. If he couldn't do that, asta la vista. Marvin, Bibby, Mo, Flip, Horford should all be traded for draft picks. This team needs re-tooled with a whole new look. Decide if you want to push the basketball or play the half court game. Establish some sort of identity. wheter it be physical tough or even bad -boy. Right now we are soft, cluless and shell shocked.

Here's to hoping we can be a GREAT basketball team again one day.

easy to blame the coach. Hawks flat out got beat tonite. Heat came 2 play and we didnt. Joe Johnson was missing in action as well as Josh Smith. We arent gonna win too many games without those 2 playing well. This is why I didnt wanna play Miami..they are on a mission. Ok, so our X's and O's suck but we have played wayy better than this under Woody..we took Boston to 7 games with Woody didnt we?? excuses..Hawks got beat tonite..players and coaches

Edited by r3drumNYNJ

We haven't lost this series yet. Having said that, it's time for a new direction. We have the talent, but our X's and O's flat out suck. Our offense has been a problem for far too long and I've seen quite enough of it. This team is too good for this crap. :computer8:

agreed. the personale is here with Joe, Smith, Horford Bibby etc but our findemental basketball is garbage. this isnt the players fault its the coaches. i dont know why the spirit group dont realise this.

Why are people assuming this?

Woody's To Do List :

- Go to JJ's house and "please him"

- Dribble... dribble... dribble... miss

- Exhaust my starters

- Glue my bench players to their seats

- Loose a game, but don't take it upon myself

- Ruin a NBA franchise

- Daydream about one day setting up a play

That's basically why everyone assumes this. People go ahead and add on to Woody's To Do List!

Edited by atlanta5hawks

easy to blame the coach. Hawks flat out got beat tonite. Heat came 2 play and we didnt. Joe Johnson was missing in action as well as Josh Smith. We arent gonna win too many games without those 2 playing well. This is why I didnt wanna play Miami..they are on a mission. Ok, so our X's and O's suck but we have played wayy better than this under Woody..we took Boston to 7 games with Woody didnt we?? excuses..Hawks got beat tonite..players and coaches

Yeah we took Boston to 7 games but that was not what it really seemed to be. The Celts were never in danger in that series because we couldn't come within 15 points of them in Boston. Hell we couldn't even beat them this year and we were supposed to be better this year. One of those games, they didn't even have Garnett! At this stage of the game, this team should be better on the road. I'm not just blaming woody. We definitely have some players that i want to see gone. You said it yourself. Our xs and os suck. Who are you supposed to blame for that if not the coach?

Woody's To Do List :

- Go to JJ's house and "please him"

- Dribble... dribble... dribble... miss

- Exhaust my starters

- Glue my bench players to their seats

- Loose a game, but don't take it upon myself

- Ruin a NBA franchise

- Daydream about one day setting up a play

That's basically why everyone assumes this. People go ahead and add on to Woody's To Do List!

Well...if he ain't gone after we lose this series, i won't watch again until he is. I hope 90% of the Hawks fans feel the same way. Even the idiots that are the socalled Spirit group(what the hell is that name supposed to mean anyway)will start noticing an empty Phillips arena.

• Premium Member
agreed. the personale is here with Joe, Smith, Horford Bibby etc but our findemental basketball is garbage. this isnt the players fault its the coaches. i dont know why the spirit group dont realise this.

You know what? I'm starting to wonder about JJ. Is he the leader of this team or what? I've been in his corner no matter what and he's not bringing what I've come to expect from him. I know he's not the same type of player as the Wades, Lebrons, and Kobes of the world, but I never doubted that he was going to "bring it" every game and look like the best player and leader of this team. I just haven't seen it from him in this series. :sad:

I dont understand why getting to the playoffs and losing is alright. We shouldve listened to BK and fired Woody. Im about to go and make my song

Jim Mora got fired immediately after someone released a diss track in his last days as Falcons HC. Someone please make a diss track for Woodson if we lose this series. Hell, even if we somehow by the miraculous grace of the heavens actually WIN this series, fire him anyway. Our offense is a joke.

Jim Mora got fired immediately after someone released a diss track in his last days as Falcons HC. Someone please make a diss track for Woodson if we lose this series. Hell, even if we somehow by the miraculous grace of the heavens actually WIN this series, fire him anyway. Our offense is a joke.

I might have to take you up on that offer, lol. I'm not kidding. Great idea, I'll post it on youtube and then on the forum when I'm done.

You know what? I'm starting to wonder about JJ. Is he the leader of this team or what? I've been in his corner no matter what and he's not bringing what I've come to expect from him. I know he's not the same type of player as the Wades, Lebrons, and Kobes of the world, but I never doubted that he was going to "bring it" every game and look like the best player and leader of this team. I just haven't seen it from him in this series. :sad:

i never been a big fan of jj myself but our personale on this team is fine. this team reminds me of the pistons before larry brown. we need a solid smart coach who at least offensively knows the fundamentals of the game.

i never been a big fan of jj myself but our personale on this team is fine. this team reminds me of the pistons before larry brown. we need a solid smart coach who at least offensively knows the fundamentals of the game.

Exactly. Personnel-wise, the Hawks are alright. The bench could use a little bit more help, but we are ok. We still have a good starting core (when they actually come to play.)

Like you said, they just need solid coaching.

Exactly. Personnel-wise, the Hawks are alright. The bench could use a little bit more help, but we are ok. We still have a good starting core (when they actually come to play.)

Like you said, they just need solid coaching.

I don't agree. I think this team has been coached one way to long and could not change their style unless some heavy personnel changes are made including the coach.

WOODSON has instilled a defensive system here that gave the rebuilt Hawks a foundation, but he HAS TO GO...For as long as he's been here, he has always:

1. LACKED the ability to make key adjustments (critical in the playoffs)

2. NOT been able to use the bench and develop a solid 9-10 man rotation (critical in the playoffs)

3. HAD TROUBLE GETTING the most out the Hawks in games that they "should win" with as much talent/ability/versatility/dynamics this team has

4. LACKED the intensity on the sideline during games

5. BEEN ignorant when it comes to playing his key guys to their strengths consistently (Bibby in pick-n-roll / Joe off da ball, off screens, and curls / Josh slashing off curls, in the lane, cuts / Horford in pick-n-rolls, in post mix-matches)

BOTTOM LINE: The Hawks are playing poorly against an "inferior" team (talent wise) and its FUKKIN EMBARRASSING!!! We get clowned as a pro basketball city for almost 10 years and then we finally have a solid season only to play Game 1 like it was the Championship. Now they are playing with no heart, intensity, and lack of focus. Woody is out coached by a rookie coach and a 1-man team that almost slipped out of even making the playoffs. Woody has been here long enough to have our team handle situations like this (especially at home) and he isn't. How can he have a head coaching job when a guy like Avery Johnson (fastest to win 100 games as a coach is out of coaching?

I don't agree. I think this team has been coached one way to long and could not change their style unless some heavy personnel changes are made including the coach.

thats the problem they havent been coached! he runs to plays when we despecrately need a basket. he doesnt run anything that plays into our players strength. bring in avery johnson, jeff van gundy etc. give the coach game film and let him decide who he likes and don't like. we will go from there.

Edited by hoodstar