• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No love for Bibby after that game?

AtLaS

I have to give him props because when he was on Wade he actually stayed in front of him quite well and rarely bit on all his fakes. It's probably the best defensive performance I've ever seen from Bibby outside of the Chicago game on the road late in the year. Yeah, Wade was making some of those at the end but it was much better D than anyone else on our team has played against him.

• Premium Member
I have to give him props because when he was on Wade he actually stayed in front of him quite well and rarely bit on all his fakes. It's probably the best defensive performance I've ever seen from Bibby outside of the Chicago game on the road late in the year. Yeah, Wade was making some of those at the end but it was much better D than anyone else on our team has played against him.

Giving Bibs props is not the "in" thing around here. We'd rather harp on him losing his "composure" per TNT's Kenny Smith which lead to 10 point on three shots. Never mind that only one of those calls was against Bibby and the one that was called on him was an awful call. But seriously though, Bibby has actually played quite well this series, defense included. But he'll never get a second chance to make a first impression. Unfortunately, his defense has pretty much sucked for most of the regular season and it's hard for most fans to get that out of their minds when evaluating bibby.

• Premium Member
The foul might have been bs but the open 3 wasn't. If Bibby hadn't fallen down like he does all the time that play doesn't happen.

Well, he also made a long bomb three when it was needed the most, so I guess things kinda evened out. But his D is much improved over the regular season.

The foul might have been bs but the open 3 wasn't. If Bibby hadn't fallen down like he does all the time that play doesn't happen.

My point is that he played good D for the game, not that he absolutely shut them down on every possession. Bibby is normally abysmal, last night he was actually good.

Bibby was 3-3 on his three's and also hit some clutch mid range j's.

When JJ is off we need Bibby's shot to be on and it was.

Glad to us beat up on Wade. Dude is hurting.

JJ seems to be hurting too. AJC said he limped off the court and had his foot in a bucket of ice. I know he alwayse ices his knees but not used to the foot in a bucket of ice thing. Those feet of his have been a bother for years now and seem to have robbed him of the explosion he had in Phoneix.

I must be the only one who noticed that Bibby was the one who chewed out Josh Smith exactly when the TNT announcers were getting on Smoove for complaining about foul calls. I thought that was real floor general-like of Bibby to do that, and from that point on Smoove played great. Bibby definitely played a good game last night, and also did a good job of keeping folks under control. I especially appreciate that he didn't fold after that extremely cheap call on that 2nd 4-point play.

I must be the only one who noticed that Bibby was the one who chewed out Josh Smith exactly when the TNT announcers were getting on Smoove for complaining about foul calls. I thought that was real floor general-like of Bibby to do that, and from that point on Smoove played great. Bibby definitely played a good game last night, and also did a good job of keeping folks under control. I especially appreciate that he didn't fold after that extremely cheap call on that 2nd 4-point play.

Yeah there were a few comments on that during the game thread, I was really proud of Bibby for getting on him like that. And proud of Evans for what he said to the reporter before halftime about how he was going to get in the teams ear about their performance.

You guys knew I would chime in on this topic. I think that bibby has had a solid series. It is ridiculous that the squawk never has anything positive to say about certain players, mainly bibby and smoove. The relentless protection of players such as marvin who can't even step up and play this time of year is ridiculous. We'd better thanking our lucky stars that we traded for bibby cause I would hate to see where we would be without him. Go Hawks! Joe - 30 pts game five, he'd better, he's had 2 weeks off

If Bibby is capable of playing good defense in this series, then where was the effort the rest of the season?

So, either

A) Bibby can play D if he gives effort but hasnt been all season

or

B) Bibby just cant play D

Think Bibby doesnt know he is playing for his contract? Dont give him props, people. I hope we dont overpay his lazy arse.