• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

National Media's Coverage...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I checked out the Dan Patrick Show and some other national media outlets this morning and they made it sound like we beat Miami in a Hockey game. And Stern was supposedly in the stands (twittering). The question is will the league office delve into the highlights and start levying suspensions.

Such as: Solo, Zaza, JO, JSmoove?

The Dwayne Wade Buttkissers are trying to make it sound as if we should be penalized for winning game 5.

That whole situation was atrocious and pathetic. NOTHING HAPPENED! Of course, David Stern's cotton candy a** was corresponding with about 10 people during that awful game delay over something that wouldn't be as big a deal in the WNBA. Regardless of the rule book, how can a ref make a big deal out of two teams meeting after a wrap-up foul? I hate the way the game is changing just because this punk commisioner still has nightmares about the Piston- Pacers fight eons ago. If it were the Bulls/ Knicks/ Heat/ Pistons of the early 90's, the referee would've broken the crowd up quickly and told Wades and Jones to "get their punk a***s around the paint so we can shoot these free throws. Game on." Technical fouls wouldn't even be considered, let alone an extended delay. Makes me think the Tim Donaghys of the world are still out there, except now Stern is the bookie.

Edited by benhillboy

except now Stern is the bookie.

:no-no: lol, go to Vegas much, I do pretty frequently. I think this same thought. There is too much dictating of the game with bad calls and phantom calls and whatnot. You would think that the NBA would do like the NFL, Mike Pereira, head of NFL officiating, and review each call after the game is over for validity to fix any problems or questionable calls, especially after the Donaghy fiasco. But they don't and they won't. Why? Because Stern has got his hand in the cookie jar somewhere. Too many fans have publicly complained about the phantom calls, the missed calls on superstars, and the treatment in general that the superstars get. Plus, they would have to change the rule for traveling because, BOY!! These players know they be traveling.

Edited by SmooveHawksFan

That Solo thing was ridiculous. He gave him a freaking hug. Who cares?

I don't mind Wade taking offense and trying to get the guys fired up but talking smack to him. I don't mind Solo talking back. I don't mind Magloire standing up for his star. And I don't mind Smith standing up for his boy.

Its part of the damn game, and frankly, I'm loving that even in a series of pretty uncompetitive games, we're giving basketball fans something to talk about. Think about it, we've had ONLY double digit games in this series and people are still saying "hey man, those Hawks are something else, they don't take **** from nobody"

• Premium Member
That Solo thing was ridiculous. He gave him a freaking hug. Who cares?

I don't mind Wade taking offense and trying to get the guys fired up but talking smack to him. I don't mind Solo talking back. I don't mind Magloire standing up for his star. And I don't mind Smith standing up for his boy.

Its part of the damn game, and frankly, I'm loving that even in a series of pretty uncompetitive games, we're giving basketball fans something to talk about. Think about it, we've had ONLY double digit games in this series and people are still saying "hey man, those Hawks are something else, they don't take **** from nobody"

X2

benhillboy is right about the NBA getting soft. If a hug by Solo on Wade (in which Solo got the worst of at that) and a little bit of pushing is enough to cause a conference to pause a game and issue out technical fouls, then what the hell is going on in today's NBA? Not every situation is going to turn into Pacers-Pistons from a few years ago. Just settle the muck, clear the paint, play ball.

And yeah, I really hope that the Hawks are relishing their role as the heel in this series. They're actually getting a rep as a physical playoff team.

David Stern's cotton candy a** this punk commisioner Makes me think the Tim Donaghys of the world are still out there, except now Stern is the bookie.

He IS "Don David". Anyone who remembers the NBA of the mid-late '70's know what good a job "Don David" has done. You guys have little respect for authority.

Jim Rome is about to "burn" on Smoove. This should be good.

EDIT: I guess it was good, even though Rome basically said what I figured Rome would say about someone attempting a dunk like that, basically said it was a jerk move. Also said that you shouldn't light a fire under the Heat for Game 6.

And once again, pretty much everybody knows my response to that: If it takes a MISSED dunk...

Edited by LOL_Hawks