• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So Tired of Josh's Crap!

d2v16DKG

• Moderators

Why do we run offensive sets consistently where Smith is floating outside the 3pt line?

Ah well, why should we expect anything different. It isn't like anyone on our coaching staff is in charge of structuring our offense. I'll just keep hoping it takes care of itself.

I am still a Josh Smith believer even though the jump shooting drives me batty.

• Premium Member
most frustrating player to coach in the NBA.......without a doubt.

I'm watching the game last night wondering.... How long before Woody says something? I'm looking at Smoove as a tradable piece. His defense in transition is nice, but his lack of BBIQ kills everytime.

I wonder what Smoove would be like with a coach like Fratello or JVG coaching us.

most frustrating player to coach in the NBA.......without a doubt.

Really, how would you know, JackB1? Have you ever been a coach? Also, you are implying that we have a coach, which we don't. I don't think he would be that frustrating for anyone else. No other coach in the leage would dump on him the way Woody has. That is just silly. The overwhelming majority of our problems are created by Woodson's inadequacy as a coach and teacher. To pawn so many of these off on Josh is just pathetic for him to do, imo.

• Moderators
Really, how would you know, JackB1? Have you ever been a coach? Also, you are implying that we have a coach, which we don't. I don't think he would be that frustrating for anyone else. No other coach in the leage would dump on him the way Woody has. That is just silly. The overwhelming majority of our problems are created by Woodson's inadequacy as a coach and teacher. To pawn so many of these off on Josh is just pathetic for him to do, imo.

While I am a Josh fan and think Woody should definitely go before him...I do think Josh needs to have responsibility for his play. It doesn't take an nba genius to see that he needs to eliminate the long jumpers. A lot of his play and his decisions are on him as well as on the terrible excuse for an offense we run that actually has Smith outside the 3pt consistently.

Funny thing is, I wasn't as bothered by Smith tonight. He obviously missed some of his usual jump shots, but he simply cannot guard Michael Beasley.

Beasley has taken him off the dribble so many times this series. He does a great job of using the rim to prevent Smith from blocking his shot.

Beasley's shooting wasn't a problem. I mean, he kept taking jumpshots and he ended up shooting 11-25 for 22 points. That's actually pretty poor. I mean, the Heat shot 47.3%-take away Beasley's shots and they were 49%.

What's completely unacceptable is letting Beasley kill you on the boards. He's not a dominant rebound by any stretch, so for him to come off the bench and get more boards than our starting frontcourt speaks to just two things. 1) Effort and Effort's cousin, 2) Hustle. Two things absent in Hawks' losses this series.

Beasley's shooting wasn't a problem. I mean, he kept taking jumpshots and he ended up shooting 11-25 for 22 points. That's actually pretty poor. I mean, the Heat shot 47.3%-take away Beasley's shots and they were 49%.

What's completely unacceptable is letting Beasley kill you on the boards. He's not a dominant rebound by any stretch, so for him to come off the bench and get more boards than our starting frontcourt speaks to just two things. 1) Effort and Effort's cousin, 2) Hustle. Two things absent in Hawks' losses this series.

Not to mention that 3 of his field goals were following up his own misses. Smith would get the stop and everyone else would stand around instead of getting the rebound.

Beasley hasnt' done anything all series. Other than Wade the only guy who has gone off is JO. LOL @ Mrh for calling out Smith for his D when Horford is the one who has gotten consistently clowned.

Not to mention that 3 of his field goals were following up his own misses. Smith would get the stop and everyone else would stand around instead of getting the rebound.

Beasley hasnt' done anything all series. Other than Wade the only guy who has gone off is JO. LOL @ Mrh for calling out Smith for his D when Horford is the one who has gotten consistently clowned.

Yeah ex....Bark had a great quote on Beas a game or so ago...he said "the problem with Beasley is those 3 inches he lost from college to the pros"

Exactly right...Beasley is a volume shooter. His points look good, before you look at the attempts.