• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Josh Smith ever get it!

Wurider05

The problem is, he can't play inside, can't play one on one defense, and he has no jumper. What else is left? Fast break dunks and helpside blocks.

No potential and minimal brain capacity and this is about what you're gonna get.

I came to the realization that he won't tonight. Knowing full well he was going to be under scrutiny this game after his missed dunk, and still coming out and playing stupid told me everything. Getting out muscled for rebounds by Beasly, complaining to the refs over obvious fouls, leaving teammates out to dry, and continuing to jack up jumpers he knows he cant hit did it for me. Good players can do it at home and on the road. The fact that Smoove is our leading scorer tells me evrything I need to know about Joe as well. Joe and Josh as our two best players = fail. Hopefully, both of them can render this whole post false by showing and playing with heart and intelligence Sunday

Smith is a hot-head that is incapable of turning his negative energy into any kind of positive. Once this guy gets rattled, the top falls off. Forget the fact that he cannot shoot, dribble, or pass; this guy cannot approach adversity positively or professionally at all. I've seen his temper-tantrums and after review I cannot seperate the look on his face from my four year old brother's.

I really wished we could only use this guy on defense and fast-breaks (without the ball until he gets into the paint).

My problem with Smoove is that he tries to be a finesse player when he isn't smart enought to be one. He has arguably the highest vertical of anyone in the playoffs right now he should be getting 10 rebound a night at least. He has no business trying to lead fast breaks, taking ill-fated shots and playing horrible defense. I am no longer willing to talk about him being a young player with great upside when he is making over 10 million a year.He is a vet now 5 years in. He can't shoot, can't dribble, can't pass, can't play solid defense, is turnover prone but manages to have a good game every now and then. You don't win good championships playing well now and then. He needs to be a shotblocker, dunker, and rebounder. He acts as if he is too good. And he has yet to realize why 99% of his jumpers are wide open. The commentators during last's night game made note of that and stated that he was playing right into the heat's hands when he settled for the jumpers. I mean when and where does common sense come into play. Don Nelson would love Josh Smith. I say we trade him for Monta Ellis straight up and let Bibby walk. Ellis and Smith make exactly the same amount of money. That would be if Ellis isn't damaged goods.

• Premium Member
My problem with Smoove is that he tries to be a finesse player when he isn't smart enought to be one. He has arguably the highest vertical of anyone in the playoffs right now he should be getting 10 rebound a night at least. He has no business trying to lead fast breaks, taking ill-fated shots and playing horrible defense. I am no longer willing to talk about him being a young player with great upside when he is making over 10 million a year.He is a vet now 5 years in. He can't shoot, can't dribble, can't pass, can't play solid defense, is turnover prone but manages to have a good game every now and then. You don't win good championships playing well now and then. He needs to be a shotblocker, dunker, and rebounder. He acts as if he is too good. And he has yet to realize why 99% of his jumpers are wide open. The commentators during last's night game made note of that and stated that he was playing right into the heat's hands when he settled for the jumpers. I mean when and where does common sense come into play. Don Nelson would love Josh Smith. I say we trade him for Monta Ellis straight up and let Bibby walk. Ellis and Smith make exactly the same amount of money. That would be if Ellis isn't damaged goods.

A monte Ellis Joe Johnson backcourt sounds interesting.

But...

it's been 5 years and I don't know if Woody is capable of ever getting it

What does that have to do with this topic?

I swear I couldn't watch any more of the game after seeing Josh Smith casually jogging back on defense and seeing that "I just don't give a damn" look on his face. I'm definitely not blaming the loss on him last night but I'm at the point where I'm not only okay with trading him I pray that it happens this offseason. His temper tantrums and lack of effort once rattled destroy the teams energy and I've finally had enough.

What does that have to do with this topic?

I swear I couldn't watch any more of the game after seeing Josh Smith casually jogging back on defense and seeing that "I just don't give a damn" look on his face. I'm definitely not blaming the loss on him last night but I'm at the point where I'm not only okay with trading him I pray that it happens this offseason. His temper tantrums and lack of effort once rattled destroy the teams energy and I've finally had enough.

The more I see Josh play, the more I see Chad Johnson. All the talent in the world, but both players are selfish players in the fact that they think everything revolves around them.

@ Wurdier . . Smoove should be a souped-up Shawn Marion, and that would instantly make him an all-star. In 05 - 06, he averaged almost 22 ppg, 12 rebs, and shot 52% FG. Now I don't expect the point total to be that high, but the rebounding could definitely be that high, if he stayed around the rim.

But he refuses to play that way.

It's just like with JJ. JJ refuses to completely take control of a game, and try to carry the team. And Smoove refuses to play on the inside, play within himself, and mix it up a little.