• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

EC Semi-Finals: Game 1 Atlanta @ Cleveland

gsuteke

We did drop 3 games in 4 tries against Cleveland, but a couple of those losses were not by a wide margin. Coming into this series, I don't feel were as over-matched as much as I felt we were in 2008 against the Boston Celtics. If we can find a way to beat a team (that won nearly 40 games at home) in Cleveland once, I think we can steal this series.

Josh Smith and Mike Bibby are the only two players that decided to show up for the Hawks tonight. Al Horford is going to have to find a way to make a difference somehow, and once again, Joe Johnson pulls a disappearing act. We're going to have to get a lot more out of those two if we expect to make this a competitive series.

I was actually impressed with the way the Hawks hung in there for the 1st half and then everything fell apart. Josh forgot how easily he scored points when slashing in the 1st half and Joe was invisible again.

Marvin and Al are not close to being ready. Marvin is playing tentative and Al is limping up and down the court and is playing at 50%. It's a shame because we really need a 100% Al and Marvin to compete with the Cavs.

Whats with the turnovers and fumbling and bumbling in the late 3rd, early 4th quarter. It's like the whole team lost it's composure at the same time. Why doesn't Woodson call a timeout when we are running around like chickens without heads?

Hope we can be more competitive in Game 2 and earn some respect. Seems like Cleveland toyed with us this game.

Everyone is focused on Lebron. I don't think he's the key to beating the Cavs over a 7 game series.

I think offensive execution by the Hawks is. They have to score in the 90s to win games. If they can execute offensively they'll be fine.

Another thing I've read is the advantage they have with Ilgauskus over Horford. When are the Hawks at their best? When their pushing the ball.

Whatever Al gives up on one end he can get back on the other by beating Z down the floor.

How many points did the Hawks score tonight?

I was actually impressed with the way the Hawks hung in there for the 1st half and then everything fell apart. Josh forgot how easily he scored points when slashing in the 1st half and Joe was invisible again.

Marvin and Al are not close to being ready. Marvin is playing tentative and Al is limping up and down the court and is playing at 50%. It's a shame because we really need a 100% Al and Marvin to compete with the Cavs.

Whats with the turnovers and fumbling and bumbling in the late 3rd, early 4th quarter. It's like the whole team lost it's composure at the same time. Why doesn't Woodson call a timeout when we are running around like chickens without heads?

Hope we can be more competitive in Game 2 and earn some respect. Seems like Cleveland toyed with us this game.

This post pretty much sums up my feelings on the game.

Has anyone else noticed that every time we've lost, it's been in a blowout?

With that said, here's my analysis of this game: The Cavs were rusty and STILL whomped us. I still think that we can win one game in Atlanta, but good lord did they beat the hell out of tonight. I'm not even mad, if anything I'm impressed.

Its tough to win game when your SF position gets you 7 pts and 2 rebounds. Oh BTW, your superstar only scored 11 pts and had 5 TO. We need 5 guys to show up ready to play in game 2.