• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves

codyatl

The braves have scored 102 runs thru 25 games. they scored 11 runs twice and 10 runs once. Throw out those 3 games and the braves have scored on avg of just over 3 runs a game. Obviously thats pathetic. What is the problem? injuries? maybe. I am starting to believe that it is more of a coaching problem at this point. I love TP just as much as the next guy but at some point a change must be made. Jeff Franceour is a perfect example. Jeff went to work with the Texas Rangers hitting coach in the offseason and look how he has improved. When I heard that he had done this it got me thinking that we should make a change. If our players have to go to another teams hitting instructor to improve then we have a problem. Hopefully TP can get things turned around but if not then this season should be his last.

The braves have scored 102 runs thru 25 games. they scored 11 runs twice and 10 runs once. Throw out those 3 games and the braves have scored on avg of just over 3 runs a game. Obviously thats pathetic. What is the problem? injuries? maybe. I am starting to believe that it is more of a coaching problem at this point. I love TP just as much as the next guy but at some point a change must be made. Jeff Franceour is a perfect example. Jeff went to work with the Texas Rangers hitting coach in the offseason and look how he has improved. When I heard that he had done this it got me thinking that we should make a change. If our players have to go to another teams hitting instructor to improve then we have a problem. Hopefully TP can get things turned around but if not then this season should be his last.

1.Talents-The Braves are NOT and overly talented offensive team. The power and speed are not great. They failed to upgrade in the offseason in this area.

2.Injuries-Chipper has already missed time the basic loss of McCann's bat is killer for the Braves

Braves have been missing their #4 & #5 hitters for most of the season. You take that away from any team and the offense will suffer.

Even with McCann and Anderson at 100% we would not be a top 5 offensive team but we would definately be much better with 2 solid .290 - .310 hitters, with some pop, in the middle of the lineup.

I've had problems with TP, but I've come to think that he's just doing what Bobby wants. We've been like this for 18 years, man! Besides, he will be the next Braves manager, imo. He's not going anywhere.

We need consistent at bats and production from the top of the order. That's the biggest problem right now, imo. The middle relief is not exactly a bright spot, though.

Injuries have hurt our offense significantly. We've missed McCann and G. Anderson. Furthermore, nobody could've expected such dismal production from the leadoff spot. Kelly Johnson was hitting .215 last I checked. Don't think that costs us a run every 4 games?

The offense hasn't been good, but the reason we're in 4th place is our middle relief! Moylan and Carlyle have been pathetic! Soriano, Bennett, and Gonzalez have all been good, as expected, but good grief, Moylan has blown at least 3 games by himself, including the Phillies debacle.

Cox is stubborn, but eventually he'll have to stop letting Moylan pitch when the game is close. Besides, we have a stud in Medlen at AAA. It's only a matter of time until Tommy Hanson and Medlen are both up here and McCann is back. Then we'll have a shot to compete in the East.

Could be a LONG season.

Anderson came back last night and knocked in runners twice. One was a bases loaded hit that drove in 2 runs that gave us the lead. Just what we need out of the #4 spot.

When McCann comes back to the llineup, from an offensive perspective, things will look pretty good. Having Ross off the bench will give us an added bat with pop to pinch hit with.

Even better news....the bullpen pitched 3 scorless innning last night and Gonzalez got the save.

Now with the young CF, Schafer. He has had 34 runners in scoring position this year and has not driven in even 1 of them. The kid has an exposed hole in his swing right above his hands. Not sure if its his wrist injury or if there is an actual hole in his swing but we may need to call Blanco up b/c the kid is really hurting the club right now. We basically have 2 pitchers hitting in the lineup while he is in this funk.

Bobby needs to step down... immediately. His lack of a system is nearly as bad as Woody's. I mean, does he even know what a stolen base is? A hit and run? And what happened to our power hitters? Do we even have one on the roster? And why is Schaffer (or any other young player) hitting 8th? It seems logic would tell him that they would get better pitches to hit at the top of the lineup instead of in front of the pitcher. And don't get me started on his bullpen usage... :computer8:

Edited by PlayaPat420

I hope that Mcann and Garrett returning to lineup will help and I am sure it will but I still dont see that those 2 guys are going to fix the offense. I agree that you hardly ever see braves hit and run or try to steal bases. Although, I have to admit I have seen cox do this more recently. I dont know about Jordan Shafer quite yet. One thing to his credit is that he has a great eye. He doesnt swing at bad pitches. problem is however, he fails to make contact on balls in the strike zone way too much. Will be interesting to see how this plays out because it actually goes to my point on TP. If he couldnt help frenchy how is he going to help Jordan? Maybe Shafer can go get some tips from the Rangers coach as well.

Bobby needs to step down... immediately. His lack of a system is nearly as bad as Woody's. I mean, does he even know what a stolen base is? A hit and run? And what happened to our power hitters? Do we even have one on the roster? And why is Schaffer (or any other young player) hitting 8th? It seems logic would tell him that they would get better pitches to hit at the top of the lineup instead of in front of the pitcher. And don't get me started on his bullpen usage... :computer8:

First off, that's the dumbest thing I've ever read. It's right up there. Secondly, no one steals bases anymore. Also, we have many guys capable of hitting the long ball. Sadly, Casey Kotchman isn't one of them. By the way Bobby hasn't been the GM in about 20 years. Logic also tells you that if a guy is struggling at the top of the order, and thusly killing scoring chances, you should drop him. As evidence, look at the last few games. Lastly, how do you call yourself a Braves fan? Or do you? I mean, there are some things an educated Braves fan could gripe about eloquently regarding Cox, but these aren't those things.