• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Othello Hunter

ATLSmith

So, we got to see quite a bit of our bench last night.

The one player that realy stood out to me was Othello Hunter. He was doing a good job boxing out and getting rebounds. I'd keep him over Solo any day.

yeah i think solo as peaked now....seriuosly unless the boy gets a bit more muscle and some footwork, aggressiveness and bbal iq, he's not going to progress much more..

I think thats too much to ask for solo. I always had faith in him but its been years and he still bobbles the ball and goes up weak.

I think thats too much to ask for solo. I always had faith in him but its been years and he still bobbles the ball and goes up weak.

He played really well at the beginning of the year when Josh or someone was out. I'd hold off judgment on him because he can rebounds, blocked shots and his jumpers is looking pretty good and he got good size and athleticism. If he doesn't get pick up by a team then so be it. But he can be a player.

Edited by DeerPark

Our bench is weak other than Mo and Flip. Definitely needs some readjusting.... guys like Solo, Thomas Gardner, and Randolph Morris need to be released so we can get some decent talent to fill the side line.

Oh, and did I mention that Mike Woodson is awful?

• Premium Member
So, we got to see quite a bit of our bench last night.

The one player that realy stood out to me was Othello Hunter. He was doing a good job boxing out and getting rebounds. I'd keep him over Solo any day.

He also got a little touch on his shot.

I think he's worth developing.

• Premium Member
Our bench is weak other than Mo and Flip. Definitely needs some readjusting.... guys like Solo, Thomas Gardner, and Randolph Morris need to be released so we can get some decent talent to fill the side line.

Oh, and did I mention that Mike Woodson is awful?

And Zaza.

The scary thing is that 6 of the Hawks' top 11 guys in the rotation are free agents:

Bibby, Marvin, Zaza, Flip, Solo, Mario

And Zaza.

The scary thing is that 6 of the Hawks' top 11 guys in the rotation are free agents:

Bibby, Marvin, Zaza, Flip, Solo, Mario

Zaza may not be a good scorer but I like him because he is a tough player, and brings intensity to this team (which we lack a lot of at times.) He is not scared to go after the ball on the offensive rebounding side, not to mention the guy throws his body around all the time. Zaza to me plays a lot more physical ball than Horford does.

That being said, it will be very interesting to say the least to see where and who ends up on this team next season.

• Premium Member

Every time Hunter plays he looks better than Solo.

Another case of Woody not knowing his elbow from his *ss.

The dude seems to be able to consistently knock down mid-range jumpers, and looks like a willing rebounder. All great qualities for a backup PF.

Edited by Atlantaholic

I've always liked Hunter, he seems to have gotten stronger. He's very quick at power forward. Has a good mid range shot. I think we are set at the power forward position. It's time to let Morris, Solo, and possibly Zaza go and get a real post player that hold their own against the opposing teams center.