• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are we willing to give for Hinrich?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think the price for Hinrich is higher than first expected. My thinking was ending contracts could get it done. Well, since LAC has won the lottery, rumor has it that they might be sending one of their bigs to chicago for Hinrich?

Then there's Minnesota and Mike Miller.

Then there's competition from the Mavs, 76ers, Trailblazers, and Kings.

So when it's time to Ante up, what are we offering?

I don't think we have the pieces the Bulls wants.

The Bulls want a big that can score. I could see them being one of the few teams that value Zach Randolph since he fits their needs so well.

They don't need Marvin since they have Deng. They don't need Chillz since they have Salmons. Smith or Horford are worth way more then Hinrich.

Just b/c we want Hinrich does not mean the Bulls want what we have to offer.

They will use him as a pawn for Randolph or as part of a bigger trade for Bosh or Stoudemire. Its not all bad though. If they trade Hinrich for Randolph it means there is less competition for Bosh or Stoudemire.

• Premium Member
They don't need Marvin since they have Deng. They don't need Chillz since they have Salmons. Smith or Horford are worth way more then Hinrich.

SO if the Bulls said:

Horford/SPeedy for Hinrich... We say No deal?

SO if the Bulls said:

No freaking way would I do that deal. Bigs are hard to get. There is about to be a influx of new point guards. Hinrich has a pretty rich contract to boot.

Hawk88

• Premium Member
No freaking way would I do that deal. Bigs are hard to get. There is about to be a influx of new point guards. Hinrich has a pretty rich contract to boot.

Hawk88

Good point. There are some new Pgs coming into the league. But none are proven. Many are undersized. AND only a handful will be left when we pick. Moreover, where we're picking, unless Teague falls, none of the PGs left will be better than Acie... Certainly not better and ready from day 1 like Hinrich would be.

Bigs are hard to find, but PGs are the hardest position to learn in the pro game.

SO if the Bulls said:

Heck no ! An expiring contract and a 23 year old 6'10'' guy who can average a double / double for a slightly better then average PG ?

I would feel insulted with such an offer !

That would be great for the Bulls but I'm a Hawks fan personally.

Why would we allow the Bulls to have the deepest frontline in the East ? The Bulls and the Heat are our prime competition to take over the 4th spot in the East. No way I help them do that.

I do not want to see ZaZa as our starting center again where all of his flaws our exposed.

The Hawks' future is not Hinrich or bust ! Thinking so by offering Al Horford is foolishness !

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member
Heck no ! An expiring contract and a 23 year old 6'10'' guy who can average a double / double for a slightly better then average PG ?

I would feel insulted with such an offer !

That would be great for the Bulls but I'm a Hawks fan personally.

Why would we allow the Bulls to have the deepest frontline in the East ? The Bulls and the Heat are our prime competition to take over the 4th spot in the East. No way I help them do that.

I do not want to see ZaZa as our starting center again where all of his flaws our exposed.

The Hawks' future is not Hinrich or bust ! Thinking so by offering Al Horford is foolishness !

Would you do an Al/Mo/Speedy for Hinrich/Noah?

BTW, Hinrich is signed for 3 more yields with a contract that goes down (I actually like it).

Would you do an Al/Mo/Speedy for Hinrich/Noah?

BTW, Hinrich is signed for 3 more yields with a contract that goes down (I actually like it).

That is better.

Can't say I would do it or not but it would definately be discussed in the "big room."

I just don't understand the fascination with Hinrich. He's not a true PG and he's the most anti-clutch player ever. As soon as the 4th quarter hits, he's done for the night. Plus, we get no better on offense. He's nothing but a shooter like Bibby (except in the 4th quarter when he can't shoot) and he doesn't drive at all. I'd much rather make a play and take a risk on TJ Ford.

I just don't understand the fascination with Hinrich. He's not a true PG and he's the most anti-clutch player ever. As soon as the 4th quarter hits, he's done for the night. Plus, we get no better on offense. He's nothing but a shooter like Bibby (except in the 4th quarter when he can't shoot) and he doesn't drive at all. I'd much rather make a play and take a risk on TJ Ford.

me neither. He doesn't look anything like a PG evertime I see him play. He's an undersized SG

• Premium Member

I think the draw with Hinrich is...

He can run an offense. He can shoot. He plays defense much better than Bibby.

I think the draw with Hinrich is...

He can run an offense. He can shoot. He plays defense much better than Bibby.

I don't think many here have really seen Hinrich that much. The guy canNOT run an offense. He's not a PG plain and simple. He doesn't drive or break down the defense. He's so anti-clutch that we'd be going through what Denver is going through every game. He always fumbles in crunch time.

He plays defense, I'll give you that. But that's not a reason to give up something significant for him in order to pay him ~10 million a year. He's just not worth it.

• Premium Member
I think the price for Hinrich is higher than first expected. My thinking was ending contracts could get it done. Well, since LAC has won the lottery, rumor has it that they might be sending one of their bigs to chicago for Hinrich?

Then there's Minnesota and Mike Miller.

Then there's competition from the Mavs, 76ers, Trailblazers, and Kings.

So when it's time to Ante up, what are we offering?

Sorry D but Hinrich is just a better defensive version of Bibby. The main knock on him from Bulls fans is that he's basically a 2 guard trying to play the one.

I don't think many here have really seen Hinrich that much. The guy canNOT run an offense. He's not a PG plain and simple. He doesn't drive or break down the defense. He's so anti-clutch that we'd be going through what Denver is going through every game. He always fumbles in crunch time.

He plays defense, I'll give you that. But that's not a reason to give up something significant for him in order to pay him ~10 million a year. He's just not worth it.

Hinrich is a PG plain and simple, he can run an offense despite the fact he doesn't drive the ball often. Not all PGs need to drive and kick to be effective, he does most his work off picks and screens similar to Bibby but he has more of an eye for passing it rather than taking the shot. If required though he is confident both taking and making that shot. He may not be a closer and considered "anti-clutch" in terms of scoring but the 4th quarter is where he ratchets up his defense. The guy is a point first not a scorer we don't need him taking the clutch shots in the 4th quarter that's what we have Joe for. Hinrich will work to make sure that Joe get's the most efficient shot off though. Don't let the last season fool you, the Bulls were rebuilding with a rookie 1st at the point, of course they were going to give him minutes but Hinrich is versatile enough to play as and better yet DEFEND off guards. If I even remember, some analysts were critical of Del Negro for not playing Rose down the stretch in 4th quarters in favor of Hinrich. They felt he was hindering the rookie's development as the team was considered lottery bound but remember Hinrich was a key part in that late season surge to make the playoffs.

• Premium Member

No Atlas, I have to disagree with you.

Hinrich is no Derrick Rose, but he's no Ben Gordon either. I think Hinrich has better offensive intuition than most OGs. He cna be an excellent pick and Roll/Fade PG. Unfortunately, Chicago doesn't do that. Chicago run a lot of screens with motion off the ball. Like us, they are best in transition. In the halfcourt, they run motion. The PG is coming off a screen and from there he can either shoot it or find an open man. That's why you often see alley-opps. You often see guys like Rose and Gordon killing the shots. Their motion wasn't good until they got Salmons in it. Just like Flip for us, Salmons was a guy who would attack the rim or hurt you from outside. It gave Rose the ability to come off the screen and drive it to the rim... down either side. Especially after the jab step.

With Rose in the game, they use Hinrich as an OG (Like Gordon). Hinrich curls down under the rim and comes up on the other side free to take the shot (ala Mo Williams).

All I'm saying is don't expect our offense to improve anymore with Hinrich on the team. And, we lose Bibby's clutch shooting as well, and I don't even want to resign Bibby.

Hinrich hasn't even played PG that much in his career. He's only played it about ~15 mpg during his career. Miles was the PG when he was at Kansas. Duhon ran PG for most of Hinrich's time in Chi and Rose ran it last year. Hinrich is flat out NOT a PG who will improve our offense. He's nowhere near as good as Bibby at the PnR, yet we don't even run it with Bibby. So, why would we run it with Hinrich? All of that meshed together is just not worth giving up a significant player and paying Hinrich ~9 million a year IMO.

All I'm saying is don't expect our offense to improve anymore with Hinrich on the team. And, we lose Bibby's clutch shooting as well, and I don't even want to resign Bibby.

Hinrich hasn't even played PG that much in his career. He's only played it about ~15 mpg during his career. Miles was the PG when he was at Kansas. Duhon ran PG for most of Hinrich's time in Chi and Rose ran it last year. Hinrich is flat out NOT a PG who will improve our offense. He's nowhere near as good as Bibby at the PnR, yet we don't even run it with Bibby. So, why would we run it with Hinrich? All of that meshed together is just not worth giving up a significant player and paying Hinrich ~9 million a year IMO.

bingo. he was barely the starting PG during his time in Chicago

• Premium Member

My main complaint with Bibby has been defense... if the skinny on Hinrich is that he is essentially is Bibby plus defense, and if he can stay healthy, I'd have an open ear to this option. The suggestion that Hinrich has a history of disappearing in the 4th quarter doesn't disturb me terribly either--Bibby found himself on the bench in too many 4th quarters for me to get too caught up on that one.

My main complaint with Bibby has been defense... if the skinny on Hinrich is that he is essentially is Bibby plus defense, and if he can stay healthy, I'd have an open ear to this option. The suggestion that Hinrich has a history of disappearing in the 4th quarter doesn't disturb me terribly either--Bibby found himself on the bench in too many 4th quarters for me to get too caught up on that one.

Bibby was one of our biggest shotmakers in clutch situations all year. Hinrich is the complete opposite. It's a huge concern, you obviously haven't seen him play too much and that's ok. But, you'll become more annoyed with his clutch failures than Josh Smith shooting jumpers VERY quickly. When we start consistently losing close games you'll understand. Plus, he's getting ~10 million a year, he's not exactly cheap.