• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Its been 2 years. Time for Alternate uni's?

RedDawg#8

I cant wait til we break out some alternate uni's with our new color scheme.

Which do yal think would look best tho:

primary Red or Silver unis's?

i personally think silver since red is more common. and with that, if we make the silver light enough they could be home alternates.

i think red is the more realistic choice tho, and it would give us a sense of returning to or roots.

opinions?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant wait til we break out some alternate uni's with our new color scheme.

Which do yal think would look best tho:

primary Red or Silver unis's?

i personally think silver since red is more common. and with that, if we make the silver light enough they could be home alternates.

i think red is the more realistic choice tho, and it would give us a sense of returning to or roots.

opinions?

Just bring back those old uniforms from 70'/80' with our pacman logo! Polish them and go! I still cannot grasp that our Hawks wear blue...

I would've liked, maybe if they mainly had red road uni's and have blue alt's. I think the Clippers are the only blue and red team to have blue alternates. So many teams already go to red alts, NJ, Philly, Miami, Portland, Milwaukee, Detroit. I would like to see another Hardwood Classics jersey maybe.

I hated those. I would've preferred a black jersey.

It was also redundant. We had to wear those as road uniforms, while the Lakers have a gold uniform that they wear at home. I understand the NBA doesn't allow teams to wear colored jerseys as home uniforms (except for the Lakers since they grandfathered it in), but come on now.

That said...we'll probably see red uniforms, and they might look something like a concept off of a sports logo website that I frequent:

HawksAltConcept.png

Found this in an older thread, I think it's sharp and who knows, maybe we could turn our alts into our permanent roads like the (Bob)cats did

Along with that T21 had to say, I think it'd be great to introduce a 2nd alternate logo that's something along the lines of an updated Pacman logo - that's the logo we had during some of our best years, and it looks like these are some of the better years we're experiencing now -- so why not?

I think that the text on the front should say 'Atlanta' rather than ATL, however

I'm not a big fan of The sun's that says 'PHX' on the front

I'd love to see an old-style jersey like this

(sorry for the quick mock-up, i'm busy around the house)

2yv9nop.jpg

I think I read that Stern made a rule that teams have to have "clean" jersey fronts and backs for marketing or what not. That's why you don't see teams with 90s logos on the front of unis anymore apparently they distract from the team name and player name :rolleyes: . You are only allowed leeway with the sides of the jersey such as our new design, the (bob)cats, the grinch's mountain slope on the Twolves, etc. I don't even think you can get away with bringing back a throwback jersey with those designs so our early 90s/60s era jerseys would be the only option for throwbacks.

Along with that T21 had to say, I think it'd be great to introduce a 2nd alternate logo that's something along the lines of an updated Pacman logo - that's the logo we had during some of our best years, and it looks like these are some of the better years we're experiencing now -- so why not?

I think that the text on the front should say 'Atlanta' rather than ATL, however

I'm not a big fan of The sun's that says 'PHX' on the front

I'd love to see an old-style jersey like this

(sorry for the quick mock-up, i'm busy around the house)

2yv9nop.jpg

Just look at the teams with the sense of true identity like Lakers, Celtics, Bulls... They all have their old uniforms, naturally upgraded in terms of colors, materials... even the Pistons have abandoned their unsuccessful attempts and gone back to their old design... I always thought that our old uniforms were the best and there's no reason not to bring'em back, throw in an alternate color and that's it!

Just look at the teams with the sense of true identity like Lakers, Celtics, Bulls... They all have their old uniforms, naturally upgraded in terms of colors, materials... even the Pistons have abandoned their unsuccessful attempts and gone back to their old design... I always thought that our old uniforms were the best and there's no reason not to bring'em back, throw in an alternate color and that's it!

I can only imagine how good they'd look with an updated pacman logo on the shorts!

The thing is those teams had long standing winning histories with those uniforms, we.....don't. I hear the Sixers are giving up on their current uniforms and are going to make those 80s throwbacks from their last championship season their permanent jerseys. :newspaper: Hold up wait.... :magnifier: The whole reason we went with the red white blue color palette is because those were the colors the team wore back when we won our ONLY championship in St. Louis. So by your logic we are utilizing psuedo throwbacks already. Hmm how'd I forget the whole rebranding press releases.

its funny yall made this thread- because i've been tempted to make this thread for the past few weeks. i guess i'll go ahead and let yall know that i submitted my idea for a jersey a couple weeks ago... Here is a rough draft pic of the layout:

of course- its inspired by the steve smith era jersey- and the red would be a nice color for an alternate- the braves and hawks have the same color schemes (basically) so i thought it'd be cool for both to have the red alternates (the braves alternate is nice- and btw- i like their new all blue and white look for the road)

ANYWAY- let me know what you think:

joejohson-red-newoldschool1.jpg

its funny yall made this thread- because i've been tempted to make this thread for the past few weeks. i guess i'll go ahead and let yall know that i submitted my idea for a jersey a couple weeks ago... Here is a rough draft pic of the layout:

of course- its inspired by the steve smith era jersey- and the red would be a nice color for an alternate- the braves and hawks have the same color schemes (basically) so i thought it'd be cool for both to have the red alternates (the braves alternate is nice- and btw- i like their new all blue and white look for the road)

ANYWAY- let me know what you think:

joejohson-red-newoldschool1.jpg

honestly those are great