• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Its been 2 years. Time for Alternate uni's?

RedDawg#8

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously this is a really rushed version- but i took a couple minutes to do this just to give an idea..

altjersey12.jpg

I like the black, white, and red better . . . but that silver/gray uni is an interesting look. Maybe people could play around with the combination of colors, but keep the overall color of the uni a silver color. I think that looks better than the red jersey of the same design. I'd definitely buy a silver/gray jersey that looked like that.

Edited by northcyde

• Premium Member
Just bring back those old uniforms from 70'/80' with our pacman logo! Polish them and go! I still cannot grasp that our Hawks wear blue...

Exactly my first thought... gets my vote.

It's like the Astros rainbow unis... no, hear me out... there's an identity there, and it's a shame to not exploit that identity.

• Premium Member
its funny yall made this thread- because i've been tempted to make this thread for the past few weeks. i guess i'll go ahead and let yall know that i submitted my idea for a jersey a couple weeks ago... Here is a rough draft pic of the layout:

of course- its inspired by the steve smith era jersey- and the red would be a nice color for an alternate- the braves and hawks have the same color schemes (basically) so i thought it'd be cool for both to have the red alternates (the braves alternate is nice- and btw- i like their new all blue and white look for the road)

ANYWAY- let me know what you think:

kamillion... fwiw... I like it, and it's probably a more realistic option than my preference for updated pac-mans... but I still like the idea of pac-mans for the reason already stated.

Btw, if the pacman logo itself is a problem for NBA standards, and I assume it would be, I'd be satisfied to put the new hawk head in that place on the shirt.

Also, one other note, the brilliant yellow gold was really important to the old unis, so I would emphasize that the silver would have to be a brilliant platinum silver, not some gray looking shade.

The Team Gear store attendant says that they may sell authentic Hawks shorts next year. I wonder what took so long?? Even when they debuted the new jerseys just after the draft two years ago, it took them FOREVER to offer customized authentic gear.

If they make a third jersey, it better be on the shelf ASAP!! :phone:

The Team Gear store attendant says that they may sell authentic Hawks shorts next year. I wonder what took so long?? Even when they debuted the new jerseys just after the draft two years ago, it took them FOREVER to offer customized authentic gear.

If they make a third jersey, it better be on the shelf ASAP!! :phone:

popularity going up will = more merchandise available every time..

• 4 weeks later...

hawks-2.jpg

I used the yellow from the Nique Jersey and tried to combine it into the current color scheme. I dunno, whenever I get a reason to fire up photoshop I have to do it.