• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There is a Greek Fro playing some nice BB

Brotha2ThaNite

CHILLZ is trying to carry his team in the Greek league Final.

I have been keep up with him. His team is down 2-1 in the best out of 5. Chill is doing his best to keep them in it. His coach finally game him more minutes in game 3. Man, scoring over 20 is like over 30pts in the NBA and looks like Chill is putting it down on the 3pt line (3 out of 6 from behind the line.):thumbsupsmileyanim:

Stats

josh-childress-olympiacos.jpg

LINK

Domestic leagues coverage

The Greek League finals will continue after Olympiacos beat archrival Panathinaikos 74-70 on Thursday behind 23 points from Josh Childress in Game 3 of their best-of-five series, which the Greens lead 2-1.

The Greek League finals are going to Game 4 after Olympiacos avenged a string of losses to archrival Panathinaikos by knocking off the Euroleague champs 74-70 in the third game of their best-of-five series. Panathinaikos still leads the series 2-1 and will host Game 4 on Monday night. Olympiacos had lost in the Euroleague semifinals and the first two games of the finals to the Greens before coming back from a 60-64 deficit with less than 4 minutes left to grab the victory at home in Peace and Friendship Stadium on Thursday. Josh Childress paced the winners with 23 points and 6 rebounds, while Lynn Greer added 16 points, including the go-ahead jump shot with 1:50 to play. Giorgios Printezis backed down for the next basket, giving his team enough of a lead to work with despite a late, eight-meter triple by Sarunas Jasikevicius, who led the Greens with 17 points. Olympiacos won despite losing star and leader Theo Papaloukas to an ankle injury 2 minutes after he went on-court in the first half.

Following the lead of Childress, who was hitting from downtown early, Olympiacos stormed to a 22-10 lead after one quarter, only to let Panathinaikos turn the tables in the second. Dimitris Diamantidis led the visitors then, teaming up with Nikola Pekovic inside to blast the Greens into the lead as Pekovic answered Milos Teodosic in the closing seconds of the first half for a 36-39 Panathinaikos advantage at the break. Pekovic also answered Childress to start the second half, but the latter gave the Reds back a brief lead, 42-41, on a great layup. Antonis Fotsis hit a triple and Spanoulis a fastbreak layup to put the Greens up again, but barely, as a Michalis Pelekanos blocked a Jasikevicius layup to end the third quarter 53-54. A free throw by Nikola Vujcic to open the final quarter meant the first of several ties, the last at 60-60 following 5 points in a row by Jasikevicius and an acrobatic fall-down layup by Childress. Jasikevicius and Pekovic made it 60-64 for Panathinaikos with under 4 minutes left, but Teodosic got three points back with one shot, before Greer free throws made it 65-66 with 2:51 to play. Greer's next jumper put Olympiacos in front 67-66 with 1:50 left. When Panathinaikos seemed about to get a possession for the chance to go ahead with 1:03 left, a foot violation gave the ball back to Olympiacos and an offensive rebound by Childress led to Printezis scoring inside for a 69-66 lead with 27 seconds left. After Greer hit 2 of 2 free throws, Jasikevicius scored almost from halfcourt, but the rest of the free throws went the way of an eventual 74-70 Olympiacos victory. Besides the 17 points from Jasikevicius, Panathinaikos got a double-double of 14 and 11 rebounds from Pekovic while Diamantidis had 12 and 8, respectively.

LINK

Euroleague champion Panathinaikos will meet its archrival and Final Four victim, Olympiacos, once again in the Greek League finals after both teams swept their semifinals 3-0 over the weekend. Olympiacos, which will enjoy home-court advantage in the best-of-five finals, downed Maroussi Costa Coffee 81-67 on Sunday in the third and final game of their series. All-Euroleague big man Ioannis Bourousis led teh Reds with 17 points. Panathinaikos, looking for its seventh consecutive domestic title, survived a 71-69 home decision over Aris BSA 2003 in order to advance behind 16 points from Vassilis Spanoulis, the Final Four MVP. Olympiacos heads into the finals with an impressive 30-1 record between the Greek League regular season and playoffs. The Greens, however, have won every final series they have played since 1996 season and will be tyring to achieve the second triple crown - Euroleague, Greek League and Greek Cup - in their history. Their final series begins Thursday at Peace and Friendship Stadium. A day earlier, Aris and Maroussi will play the best-of-five series for the third place.

Despite the absence of injures stars Dimitris Diamantidis and Sarunas Jasikevicius, Panathinaikos survived a late rally by visiting Aris to completed a perfect 3-0 series victory. The Greens had led 61-48 after 32 minutes of play, but Aris, which played without Keydren Clark and Bracey Wright, came up big to cut the margin to 70-67. After Dimitris Tsaldaris missed a three-point game-tying attempt by Aris, Antonis Fotsis scored 1 of 2 free throws to make it 71-67 for Panathinaikos before Anton Gavel's last basket for Aris came with time running out. Spanoulis dished 4 assists to go with his 16 points. Kostas Tsartsaris added 14 points, Mike Batiste 12 points and 6 boards, while Nikola Pekovic posted 11 points for the winners. Tsaldaris led Aris with 15 points, while Spencer Nelson had 11 and 7 rebounds, Savvas Iliadis and Nikos Argyropoulos 10 points apiece.

At home in Peace and Friendship Stadium, Olympiacos downed on Maroussi 81-67 for a 3-0 sweep and a fourth straight trip to the domestic finals. Among the good news for the Reds was the return to action of Josh Childress, who had been injured in the Final Four, however Panagiotis Vassilopoulos didn'’t play as he tries to recover in time for the finals. The hosts led 41-31 at halftime, soared ahead by 59-43 later and cruised to a comfortable win. Bourousis had 5 rebounds to go with his 17 points. Lynn Greer followed with 16 points and Childress added 14 points and 5 boards. For Maroussi, Kostas Kaimakoglou and Fanis Koubouras scored 12 points each while Loukas Mavrokefalides had 10.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

if there is no interest, then why open up the thread and look at it....unless you thought the greek afro was someone else.

LOL...yeah, that kinda narrows it down a bit...

Good for Chillz. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back to the Hawks, NBA. My thought process with him is the same as Marvin (money not factoring in, leave that up to the millionaires) ....he's not going to hurt us. Chillz doesn't do anything bad on the court. He doesn't hurt the team. Add the depth....

• Premium Member
LOL...yeah, that kinda narrows it down a bit...

Good for Chillz. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back to the Hawks, NBA. My thought process with him is the same as Marvin (money not factoring in, leave that up to the millionaires) ....he's not going to hurt us. Chillz doesn't do anything bad on the court. He doesn't hurt the team. Add the depth....

I agree 100%. All he does is add depth. He is a hustle player with a good bball IQ and very versatile. If he WANTS to come back, why not let him?

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great to see an ex Hawk doing well.

He may come back to Atlanta - Or be traded away - Or stay over there.

What ever happens, WAY TO GO CHILLS!!!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have no interest.

None.

In Childress returning to the Hawks.

Why in the world would you spend 5 to 6 million per on Chillz when you need alteast two bigs, on top of the one you need to resign?

It would be an exercise in stupidity to spend any money on Childress when the Hawks have much bigger holes elsewhere on their roster outside of a 6 foot 8 guy.

You people keep talking about Childress like you're fielding a yahoo fantasy basketball team. Childress does not exist in a vacuum.

Now on the other hand if this thread is just about Chillz' performance overseas and not about him returning to the Hawks it's on the wrong forum.

Edited by gsuteke

• Premium Member
I have no interest.

None.

In Childress returning to the Hawks.

Why in the world would you spend 5 to 6 million per on Chillz when you need alteast two bigs, on top of the one you need to resign?

It would be an exercise in stupidity to spend any money on Childress when the Hawks have much bigger holes elsewhere on their roster outside of a 6 foot 8 guy.

You people keep talking about Childress like you're fielding a yahoo fantasy basketball team. Childress does not exist in a vacuum.

Now on the other hand if this thread is just about Chillz' performance overseas and not about him returning to the Hawks it's on the wrong forum.

Weather or not you resign or trade Chillz is totally independent of our need for bigs. If the possibility of trading CHillz for Paul Pierce came up, would it be something that you put on the back burner until you got two bigs? Moreover, teke, you have to know that our GM is happy with our big situation. He will probably resign zaza and get a project big (my guess is his buddy Swift). He has said he is happy with both Al and Zaza. However, the reason why we talk about what to do with Childress is that something must be done with Childress.

I believe Mo Evans made somewhere in the 1 to 2 million dollar range this year. I hope Chillz comes back for that too. Ain't happening.

I agree Diesel, something does need to be done this offseason. He needs to be traded. However, if the Hawks didn't see 6 million in their own player (granted it was a new GM) do you really expect another team will?

My guess is Childress is a sunken cost. If the Hawks can't trade his rights away (I don't think he'll come to a contract agreement of his liking with another team) this offseason they'll likely have to renounce his rights in 2010 and move on.

How could you think Rick Sund is happy with the Hawks big situation? It consists of Al Horford and Zaza Pachulia. They need atleast two more guys to run out there - and that's only if you consider Solomon Jones or Randolph Morris serviceable players in and of their own right. That's stretching it IMO.

I don't know about you guys but I am SO ready for the Hawks to get away from this Billy Knight cluster **** of a roster which means no to bringing Chillz back to Atlanta. This hodge podge of lottery picks and the Joe trade has got the Hawks back to the playoffs in consecutive seasons (who here wants to hang your hat on 37 wins though?) but it's time to take the next step forward.

When the Hawks face Orlando next year they need to be running atleast 4 guys out there 6'10 and above that don't look out of place on a basketball court in gym shorts.

DID HE JUST TYPE WHAT I JUST READ??? LMAO

We don't need Chillz???

Did you realize that we technically only have 1 signed SF in Mo???

If we don't extend Marvin or sign Chillz we will be in more trouble.

when it comes to signing Chillz or Marvin you will have to pick. Marvin had a good year this year but what about his back?

One of them, if not both of them, will get 6 plus million a year rather you think so are not. They both have good BB IQ.

Right now, we are short at PG, SG, SF and C

CHILLZ CAN PLAY 3 OF THOSE!

:angry:

I know that Chill will get 6 million plus. There were 4 teams who were going to do a sign and trade deal last year for him. Sund wanted to keep him for the low low like J-Smoove.

So, if you think Chill want get plus 6 mill you are wrong.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim: Now on to the part about this thread doesn't belong here. Why not? His rights are still own by the Hawks so that makes him a Hawks player just like the topics of David Andersen (Who I never seen you complain about) and topics of Speedy who did not play a game last year. Both of them have had thread topics in this forum for years.

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

• Moderators
DID HE JUST TYPE WHAT I JUST READ??? LMAO

We don't need Chillz???

Did you realize that we technically only have 1 signed SF in Mo???

If we don't extend Marvin or sign Chillz we will be in more trouble.

when it comes to signing Chillz or Marvin you will have to pick. Marvin had a good year this year but what about his back?

One of them, if not both of them, will get 6 plus million a year rather you think so are not. They both have good BB IQ.

Right now, we are short at PG, SG, SF and C

CHILLZ CAN PLAY 3 OF THOSE!

:angry:

Chillz can't play PG anymore than Al Horford and is pretty suspect at SG given that he can't create his own shot or stretch any defense (check out his %s on the shorter Euro 3 this year).

Besides that, I agree that having him back at a decent price would be great for depth. He is a guy who has his limits but is a no nonsense, positive contributor.

Chillz can't play PG anymore than Al Horford and is pretty suspect at SG given that he can't create his own shot or stretch any defense (check out his %s on the shorter Euro 3 this year).

Besides that, I agree that having him back at a decent price would be great for depth. He is a guy who has his limits but is a no nonsense, positive contributor.

Have you been watching him play this year?

Man, how easy it is to forget a guy who once shot 52% from the field(57% his last season with us), 36% 3pt, over 80% FT shooter, avg. more offense REBs then Zaza did this year, the same amount of total REBs as KING ZAZA, and over 1 steal a game. :hush:

I guess being able to learn a deferent style can only hurt him more then help his game too. :newspaper: